1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if the Palm Pre's Bluetooth supports the Serial Port Profile? The phone supports both HSP and AVRCP profiles and since these profiles use the Serial Port Profile as the basis of their functionality I thought it is possible it supports this profile. But I am unsure.

What I would like to do is take a serial to bluetooth adapter - (Serial Adapter with Bluetooth wireless technology) connect to a microcontroller and use the bluetooth capability of the phone to send serial control signals to the microcontroller.
    Yeah I need to know this to, I would like to developt an OBD II - CAN program for bluetooth dongles to read out stats from the cars computer.
    SPP is not supported in 1.2
    Im guessing classic wont have it either.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    not sure what you're trying to accomplish but check out the mpt command from your rooted Pre.

Enables DUN over usb. Still needs a Windows Driver tho, but it enables the Host PC access to the Pre's modem [ppp adapter]
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    i'd like to be able to monitor a serial port over bluetooth and be able to save the streaming data
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Anything?