Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got this thing yesterday! I am using the charger that came with the phone, it worked perfect yesterday, but today i put it on the charger and every 3 seconds it will go from charge to no charge, etc.

is this a charger or a touchstone problem? is there a way to test it and find out?

edit: pulled out the voltmeter, it is ouputting 5.5V and 1.04amps. so, not sure what the problem here is
    Last edited by flyboy1100; 08/08/2009 at 11:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I had the same issue. I took my touchstone cable and wall plug to sprint and had them test it out. They exchanged the touchstone and so far it works fine but it has only been a day. If you go to do an exchange at sprint make sure you bring your cables etc. so you can test while at the store.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdsaz View Post
    I had the same issue. I took my touchstone cable and wall plug to sprint and had them test it out. They exchanged the touchstone and so far it works fine but it has only been a day. If you go to do an exchange at sprint make sure you bring your cables etc. so you can test while at the store.
    what if i bought it online from the pre-central accessory store?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    not sure what to say about online purchase. My guess is that they would exchange it if it is still under warranty.
  5.    #5  
    unfortunately my closest sprint store is 1 hour away so it will have to wait until weds. unless i got to best buy and but a new one and return this one as that one
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Have you made sure it is properly placed on the TS? Mine does this sometimes when I don't place it properly.
  7.    #7  
    tried to place it 50 times, there is one spot it seems to fit just perfect, and moving around doesn't help it.

i tested the output on the back cover and it is reading in at around 5.6v, which seems way too high making me think it is outputting too much
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Did you turn off and reboot you Pre. Mine stopped working and i had to do that to get it working again.
  9.    #9  
    3 times.

Here is something I found out this morning. At 92% I put it on the ts this am and it charged it up to 100% no problems. Last night I was at 36%, does the ts not work when the battery is low?
    Some have had success doing soft resets to get them Pre and TS talking again.

ORG+Sym+R

the 5.6 v under no load sounds about right and should not be an issue. check the pins and make sure they are standing correctly to make good contact with the Pre when snapped on.
    Quote Originally Posted by j0sh097 View Post
    Have you made sure it is properly placed on the TS? Mine does this sometimes when I don't place it properly.
    I place my Pre on the touchstone horizontally instead of vertically. I slide it around a bit until the magnets "grab" it. Been doing that since the first week I got it and have no problems. Not sure if it helps "finding the sweet spot" but it's worth a try.
  12.    #12  
    battery is at 52% now and goes into the infinite charge on/off loop. gonna take it in, something isn't right since it doesn't work at lower battery levels
  13.    #13  
    i got another TS today, and this one does the same thing, only it will charge it for 1 min (up 1%, then start the loop) could my battery be bad?
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
    i got another TS today, and this one does the same thing, only it will charge it for 1 min (up 1%, then start the loop) could my battery be bad?
    Does your battery charge normally via the USB connection? Also, maybe the rear cover has some issues. I think I read where someone had issues with the contacts on the rear cover.
  15.    #15  
    battery will charge fine either with factory charger or USB connection. i bent the pins out a little last night to see if that helps. and the new TS i got had a new cover too. i have no idea what is the problem. i haven't modded any files i am aware of that would affect battery charging

i just rebooted the phone, pulled the battery for a minute, turned it back on and put it on the new TS (sideways for a change) and it has been going for 1 min. i wonder how long it will last. EDIT: 1min 45seconds. &@*#@#&^#(*@#

could it be the cable? i am using the shorter 2ft cable that came with the car charger right now, since the factory cable seems to send it into the infinite loops.

EDIT 2: shorter cable will charge it for like 2min max, then start the loop. longer cable starts the loop immediately.
    factory charger works, USB charge works, Palm Pre car charger works; all by themselves. hook up a TS to either charger and i get the same results. new charger seems to charge for a few seconds longer

this is making me think it is my battery or phone
    Last edited by flyboy1100; 08/09/2009 at 07:07 PM.
    Out of curiousity to those having issues with the TS. Are you using any case (such as innocase) when charging with the TS or just a bare pre?
  17.    #17  
    front is covered by invisible shield but obviously that won't affect chargability.
  18.    #18  
    ok, more weirdness.

just put it on the charger at 70%, it is working as advertised in with either the 5ft or the 2ft cord.

what is the problem? battery?
  19.    #19  
    any other ideas? it will not work on the TS @ less than 70% i just tried it at 67 and it won't go, plugged it into the normal charger to 70% unplugged it and popped it on the TS and it is charging now. so the charger seems to work. at lower % i don't think it would put out any more power, so i am completely stumped as to what would cause this. and i currently have 2 TS and neither seems to work.
    I am having similar problems with a brand new Touchstone with genuine Palm back case.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast