Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    i got the cover, it was nice while I had it, I dropped the phone accidentally and while it protected the phone, it broke, so now I don't have it, lol. But it was a nice item
    Holy crap. I just took this cover off to see how much junk got underneath it. Tons and it's not going back on. Damn I forgot how good this phone feels without the cover. Oh well got TEP so maybe will get a best skinsever but thats it.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Exactly how are these pieces any better than the one that comes with the touch stone package.

Mine works and looks great.

Looking for another one never even crossed my mind.
    Quick question for the people who have the case. How easy or hard is it to get the back cover off to get to the battery? I switch batteries once a day and I am wondering if this case will make it much harder.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH View Post
    Quick question for the people who have the case. How easy or hard is it to get the back cover off to get to the battery? I switch batteries once a day and I am wondering if this case will make it much harder.
    Very difficult to take on/off. My room mate had this case on for a week, and then got rid of it b/c it was too bulky and cheap looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Writermind View Post
    Exactly how are these pieces any better than the one that comes with the touch stone package.

Mine works and looks great.

Looking for another one never even crossed my mind.
    It covers the entire phone. It's not meant to be a replacement for the Pre's actual casing, just something to protect it from scratches and falls. Your Touchstone backing is pretty sturdy and scratch-resistant, but the other side of your Pre isn't.
    I ordered it anyway, so I guess I will have to deal with it. If it comes with a good screen protector it won't be a loss. 4.95 shipped....golden
    Finally got mine today. The only complaint that I have is using the charger port as I don't have a touchstone yet.

Other than that, I'm not sure that I really see everyone's complaint about it being too bulky. It's not that bad and very nice just knowing that there's an extra small piece of security for my beloved Pre.

Also the screen protector is pretty nice to be included for free. My case is the dark red to match my OU theme. I'll try to post some pics later.
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    Please post some pics. That would be great. I can't wait to get mine. ilast time I ordered from hong kong it took the full 10 days to get here. I hope its a little faster this time.

I do have a question about the screen protector. Do you have to use a solution to apply it or can you just line it up and put it on.
    I just lined mine up and put it on.

Edit: Here are some pics of my case. Sorry for the poor quality, they were taken using my old Samsung Mogul. I'll look for my digital camera and try to get some better quality pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by emeraldayotte; 09/19/2009 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Included pics
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    Looks good in that color especially with that theme. I got black but after seeing this I wish I got a different color. Oh well they are cheap enough to be replaced. Thanks for the pics.
  12. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    I ordered the same case from another Hong Kong seller with a car charger and the scratch guard for $8.45 with free shipping...I hope it gets here soon...the charger is what I need the most.
    I saw that one too and mentioned it early in this post. I don't trust the no name chargers. They have a tendency of not working. Lets hope that's not the case. I use a third party charger and I have to turn the screen off, slide the phone open and then turn on the screen for it to work. Sounds weird but that is the only way it will start charging.
  14. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    yeah...I figured for $9 it was worth a tray....I've had good luck with third party car chargers on my last two Palms....we'll see how it goes with the Pre.
    I just got mine in black. Like a previous poster said, when charging you cannot close the phone. Although what you can do is keep it close or either keep it open and still be charging it. Other than that for what it costs I have no complaints and I think it is pretty nice. It has a rubbery texture which allows me to open and close the phone much more easily.

The best thing is that I don't feel like I got ripped off if I bought a more expensive case.
    I bought one, can't beat the price its worth to try out
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
  17. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    I got my case, car charger, and screen protector....the charger works great and is the deal maker for me...the screen protector is nice as well...but the case caused a bit of oreo effect on my phone...I put it on twice and took it off twice...I was able to do the "press and slide" and my phone is back to normal(no oreo)...and I decided I like the sleek look of the naked Pre.

as I said before, the car charger is really what I wanted and the oreo wasn't to bad...I may decide to go with the case some day so I'll keep it for now....oh and I didn't break any of the tabs when removing the case.
    Last edited by JRH; 09/23/2009 at 06:04 PM.
    I am thoroughly excited to try this case out. Thanks to everyone for posting so much useful information.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Big fan of this for $5. Just got it. Hope it lasts.
    I just.got mine in black, and it's off the phone already! The tab on the front piece pulls the phone apart and cause the oreo effect. I'm able to push the phone back together but then the front cover pops off. Now I don't know what to try, a rocketfish case that may do the same thing for more money or just get a skin.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast