Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Okay so here is my update.

I ordered the case on August 24th (3 days before Bell actually released the Pre here in Canada), and I got the case today.

While bragging about the cost of this case to my I-Phone using ****** of a co-worker, I accidentally attached the front cover to my phone.

I still had my original screen protector on my phone (less the tab that I cut off), and didn't want to take the cover off again to apply the new screen protector. I then attached the back cover and spun the Pre on my desk for the added affect when I was done.

The I-Phone ****** tried really hard to pick it apart, but in the end agreed that it was a nice looking case, with a nice feel and agreed that for $5.47 CDN for the case and the shipping, I had one upped him.

And the added bonus was because I buggered up by putting the front cover on before the new screen protector is that I now have a new screen protector waiting for me when I need it.

The only downside to this purchase is that the Palm case that I bought doesn't fit the phone anymore and I have to take it back and find something else that works.

Kudos to the OP for the heads up on this case.
    I don't even bother with the case now -- in my mind, with the snap-on case and screen protector, I'm basically covered No more having to fish it out of the pouch when my phone rings.
    I got the case. It is ok but I could not get it to fit properly over the Touchstone back. It also doesn't seem to work at all with the touchstone charger. Disappointing but not that bad overall for a $5 case...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    I don't even bother with the case now -- in my mind, with the snap-on case and screen protector, I'm basically covered No more having to fish it out of the pouch when my phone rings.
    Well I don't like carrying things around in my pockets, so I need a case to hold my phone while I am in with my clients or out on job sites.

I actually liked the Palm case with the naked Pre, but I know me......once I've let this sucker hit the ground once, it will happen twice a day from there.

Perhaps I should get a string and tie it to my Pre and then feed it through my sleeves like we do up here with our mittens in the winter time?
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    I got the case. It is ok but I could not get it to fit properly over the Touchstone back. It also doesn't seem to work at all with the touchstone charger. Disappointing but not that bad overall for a $5 case...
    Weird ... I didn't have a problem with either of those things. I put the back on by notching the bottom first (the part that clips into the lip of the keyboard tray) with the slider up, and then the upper portion easily snaps into place. Now, the Touchstone bit can be tricky, it has a tendency to slide off of it, but I'm sitting here now watching it charge on mine, and it's been steady for the past 1/2 hour. Maybe your trouble getting the back on contributed to the TS issue?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I just jumped on this and got two of them. $4.14 final price with cashback.
    I got one of these and had to modify my invisible shield for the case to snap on. I like the feel of the phone with the case but after about 2 weeks of use, the tabs started breaking off one by one and I had to throw the case away. I was kind of disappointed because I like to protect my phones as much as possible. If the EOS works as well as the Pre, I will probably switch to have a form factor that I can better protect with a silicone case.
    you get what you pay for.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    got mine yesterday - screen guard went on perfectly - case fits nice and the area by the buttons and tab are a bit more reduced than my previous case - easier to access. i love it -so far. hope the tabs hold
    thats kool hope it works well for you !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Ended up ordering one as well. I'll take the comfort of knowing it's protected over the slight chance the "oreo" twist appears.

Mine should be here any day now. Has anyone found a holster that will fit with this case on?
    Last edited by emeraldayotte; 09/13/2009 at 04:46 PM.
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I ordered the pack of three (black, pink, purple) for $10.95 and have tried the black and purple (color is much better than I thought--very cool). The Zagg I had applied made the front corners of my pre rough (cuz of the seams) and so I really wanted something that would cover and smooth those out. I also use the touchstone and so was hoping to have something that would work with that.

About Fit with My Invisible Shield

I was able to install the front cover over the Zagg without any problem: 2x (once black, once purple). I did notice the Zagg was stretched by the first cover install and now hangs over the front edge in a couple places. I didn't care a whole lot about this because I have been so bugged by the Zagg fit around the edges that I have been considering replacing it.

About Functionality with Touchstone

I have not been able to get a back cover (have tried 2 different backs) to fit snugly and (perhaps because of this) I have not been able to get my Touchstone to register it.

About Fit with Palm Leather Slide Case

Not surprisingly, I can't fit the phone into my sleek leather side case (which I love). Of course, if the snap-on case worked 100% for me, I wouldn't really need the protection of the leather case, but I do like to be able to throw my phone with the leather case into a bag and not worry about the screen getting too much pressure and cracking. The Zagg keeps acute punctures from damaging it, but the leather case can't be beat for overall phone protection from just about everything aside from full immersion in water.

Bottom line:

I like the look and feel of the case--especially the purple one--and would love to use it on my phone, but because I have not been able to get the Touchstone to register/charge my phone with it on, I can not continue to use it.

For now, I am leaving the front on only, which means I can use the Touchstone, keep the edges of my ill-fitting Zagg covered (though I do feel the back edge of the front cover in my hand--it's not too too bad), and (if I push really hard) slide it into the leather case when I go out. But this is clearly not a permanent solution. Ah, well.
    have they come out with a case where u can hold your id and a debit/credit card in it because i hate to carry my wallet around.
    Quote Originally Posted by srfcrzy View Post
    About Functionality with Touchstone

I have not been able to get a back cover (have tried 2 different backs) to fit snugly and (perhaps because of this) I have not been able to get my Touchstone to register it.
    Mine was really good about connecting to the Touchstone for the past couple of weeks, but the past few days, it's been losing and regaining contact with frequency, which is very annoying. I tried propping the bottom of the Pre on the Palm carrying case to keep it from sliding, but it didn't stop the on/off dance. It's very strange, because it never did that before. Sadly, this prompted me to finally remove the case tonight.

If you don't have a Touchstone, I think this case is great. It adds a little heft to the Pre, and makes it easier to slide open and closed. It also looks like it'd offer some protection in a drop. But the iffy Touchstone support means I just can't leave it on. Which sucks, because it's otherwise a great case for the price.
    Allright got the case works fine with touchstone. Does anybody know if the seido case is any thinner though?
    I got mine also for like 5 bucks and it works ok with the touchstone.. it's just not as sticky.. I have to be more careful with how I place it.. but it does work, but barely. I'm pretty happy with the case. Now I can put the phone down face first without the screen rubbing on a surface.
    My Pre has been plagued by the common battery issue, so I and Sprint have had to take out the battery several times since installing the case. If you intend to remove the case after installing it, be VERY careful. As careful as I was, I still ended up breaking a few tabs. They really are fragile. For that reason, I'd be weary of the case and probably will spend more to get a case that I don't have to baby to prevent it from falling apart.
    I think the case is fine but would be willing to spend the extra on the seido even if it was just a little thinner.
    bump to see if anyone can compare the thickness of the two?
    I have been thinking about this one myself. I purchased an Innocase combo deal from a vendor on e-bay and the tabs holding the bottom part broke the first time I had to remove it to exchange the phone.

I don't think the manufacturer (seido) themselves will replace it as I didn't get it from this site or theirs! and I am not about to spend another $30.00 just to replace the bottom part.

$5.95 I feel, would be worth the price even if it does break!!!
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast