Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Ebay is a wonderful thing. I bought a 1400Mah Mugen battery off their website for 30 bucks with free shipping. Bought this case for 6 bucks free shipping. Thats $36 bucks folks for a case, screen protector, and extended battery. Booyah! Can use the money I saved on insurance.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rcram View Post
    I would also like to point out, I put on the screen protector that came with it, I think it's pretty good, also I just noticed that it is washable and reusable so if you get dust on the static side you can wash it off and put it back on.
    how did you wash it? i got some dust and a cat hair under mine. i tried cleaning it with windex first then rinsed with water. i used some of the bodyguardz applicator spray when i tried to re-install and i ended up getting more crap under it than the first time.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSuby View Post
    how did you wash it? i got some dust and a cat hair under mine. i tried cleaning it with windex first then rinsed with water. i used some of the bodyguardz applicator spray when i tried to re-install and i ended up getting more crap under it than the first time.
    Oh, ya I washed mine with plain old soap and water and used my fingers to thoroughly clean it, as soon as you are done washing it just flick it back and forth to get off most of the water, reapply it to the phone while its still a little wet, then work out the bubbles and you're finished it's like having a brand new protector. I hope this was helpful.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    thanks, ill try this during my lunch break.

one other think i wanted to mention about people who have a problem opening and closing the slider when the phone is charging. you can take a razor blade a shave off a little bit of the plastic on the charger where it bumps into the case.i have done this on both my home, office charger and car charger and the phone slides like it did without a case on.
    I have a rubberized black case and I've been trying to find a pouch that will fit nicely when the case is on.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Took about 10 days to receive ours for wife and myself.

They work great. I picked the black and wife wanted red.

Regards,
    Pig
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    My second case arrived today. This time it only took 7 days to get to me in SoCal.

Got a dark red one this time.....using dark red for the top of the Pre, black for the bottom.

Also looking for a pouch for the times I go to the beach, to help keep it shielded from sand.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Is it possible to remove the battery door without removing the case, or do you have to remove the case first?

If you have to remove the case first, how easy/difficult is it?

I looked at one at the Bestbuy, but it looked difficult to remove and looked like it would scratch my Pre whenever the case was installed or removed.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonsdad View Post
    Is it possible to remove the battery door without removing the case, or do you have to remove the case first?

If you have to remove the case first, how easy/difficult is it?

I looked at one at the Bestbuy, but it looked difficult to remove and looked like it would scratch my Pre whenever the case was installed or removed.
    Yes, unfortunately you would have to remove the case in order to access the battery, also It's much much easier to put the case on, but when taking off is the challenge, just because those darn tabs are so easy to break if taken off incorrectly. Hope this helps
    I know this question may sound odd (especially with the belt clip attachment) but has anyone found a holster that would fit with this case on?

I would much prefer the holster route without paying the $60 for a Seidio Innocase combo.
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    Ok, I received my replacement, and it wasn't broken I attached some photos of the Pre in the case. For $6, it's actually a pretty nice case, and the screen protector is pretty good too (I put mine on a little too low, so the bottom edge isn't quite right). I'm not sure how much it'd protect the Pre in a fall from any good distance, but it seems fairly durable once it's on (when the face piece is off, it seems pretty fragile). It adds some nice "grippiness" to the Pre -- I'm able to open the Pre using my thumb without having to touch the screen. It didn't help the looseness of the slider unfortunately -- it almost seems to accentuate it.

As for the Touchstone, it does indeed charge, but there's a chance you'll hear the Pre donging (heh) from the next room as it slides a bit and continously gains and loses contact. Doesn't happen often, but it'll happen. It's not a big deal for me, most of the time it stays put.

Overall, $6 -- really, you can't beat that deal. And the customer service seems to be good, they immediately responded to my email about the broken piece and sent a replacement out the next day. Didn't really expect that from a HK eBay seller.

thanks for the review-- how'd the screen protector go on - looks good in the pix. is it a one shot deal - meaning get it right the first time or it won't sit right if removed and shifted?
    I can tell you it was 100x easier than putting on my Phantom Skin (which I had to remove ... long story). It's your basic screen protector you'd get on eBay for anything with a screen. It has two backings that sandwich the actual protector. You peel one off and slowly apply it to the screen from top to bottom. Then work out the bubbles (I had very few), and peel the outer backing off and work out any remaining stubborn bubbles. Took all of 2 minutes, a breeze compared to the hour or so I spent with my Phantom Skin. Though the quality difference between the two is apparent (the skin seems thicker, more durable than the screen protector), this will do for now until I get the motivation to apply my backup Phantom Skin.

Someone in the thread mentioned they removed theirs, cleaned it, and reapplied with no problems. I suppose if the bottom edge bothered me enough (where I applied the protector a hair too far down on the phone), I could do the same, but it doesn't

Edit: Good lord, my phone is filthy I swear I wiped it down with a microfiber cloth before I took the pictures, but you can't hide anything from the flash!
    Last edited by jrstinkfish; 09/01/2009 at 10:14 AM.
    So I've had mine rocking out for about a week with this case on, and well, now it's off and i'm back into my little pocket pouch, or my body glove universal flip top thingy.

anyways, i liked the case, but I found that sometimes it would stick when sliding up, and every once in awhile it would knock the pre off the guides and create a MASSIVE oreo effective. It wasn't often, but it was enough to make me cringe that maybe it would become permanent. I got a little wiggle, and I even did some research and tooling around to find out why. The pre slides along the plastic rails in between the phone, the case lifts it just a little bit and my pre has slipped off the rails and I had to "pop" it back on. Pretty scare feeling a stiff pop back onto the rails.

So in conclusion, the case was cool, but with any pressure in an awkward direction has caused my pre to oreo a lot, and it sticks a bit, nothing permanent, but enough to scare me back to just using my Zagg and the pocket pouch. I am going to wait for the idea behind the "jelly case" to combine with the power of the d3o case. Could take awhile, but i am done with placing tabs in between my phone. Too much pressure IMO.

Good luck to everyone who continues using this case, still the best case for the cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    Innocase works with the touchstone, that is what sets it appart.
    yes the do worked
    Has anyone tried to use this with the seidio innocase holster? I already have an innocase, but the tabs have broken on my original and the replacement. I don't know how many times seidio is going to keep replacing, so I'd like to look at cheaper alternatives like this.
    I just want to make sure it fits the holster I already have.

thanks.
    so this case opens the side of the phone about 1 mm? that is the only thing that concerns me, can anyone touch on this for me? my phone does not oreo and the slider is nice and tight. dont want to jeprodize that at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    I can tell you it was 100x easier than putting on my Phantom Skin (which I had to remove ... long story). It's your basic screen protector you'd get on eBay for anything with a screen. It has two backings that sandwich the actual protector. You peel one off and slowly apply it to the screen from top to bottom. Then work out the bubbles (I had very few), and peel the outer backing off and work out any remaining stubborn bubbles. Took all of 2 minutes, a breeze compared to the hour or so I spent with my Phantom Skin. Though the quality difference between the two is apparent (the skin seems thicker, more durable than the screen protector), this will do for now until I get the motivation to apply my backup Phantom Skin.

Someone in the thread mentioned they removed theirs, cleaned it, and reapplied with no problems. I suppose if the bottom edge bothered me enough (where I applied the protector a hair too far down on the phone), I could do the same, but it doesn't

Edit: Good lord, my phone is filthy I swear I wiped it down with a microfiber cloth before I took the pictures, but you can't hide anything from the flash!
    thanks - i had one screen protector that i made the mistake of trying to reapply it and one corner doesn't stay down. i did a soak of it in hydrogen peroxide and water (2:1 water ratio) as per instructed by the seller but it didn't fix the corner troubles.
    Quote Originally Posted by laviddee
    Has anyone tried to use this with the seidio innocase holster? I already have an innocase, but the tabs have broken on my original and the replacement. I don't know how many times seidio is going to keep replacing, so I'd like to look at cheaper alternatives like this.
    I just want to make sure it fits the holster I already have.

thanks.

Hello,

We are sorry about your experience and would like to help! Please PM me your order information and we will be more than happy to see what we can do for you!
    Thanks! I hate spending a lot for accessories so I'm glad I can just spent 6 bucks for a case and screen. I read through most of this thread and it seems like there aren't really problems with it. I'll order it now and report back as well!
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast