1. nrs
    Picked up a hard case and holster combo today at radio shack when they were offering 20% off accessories. It appears to be made by a company called xentris wireless and says "carrying solution" on the package. It has the numbers 170-4859 and 38-0441-01-RS on the back.

I'm a HUGE fan of the hard case / holster combo. I've had one with my past 2 devices (BB Curve 8330 and iPhone 3g) which were the Seidio Innocase with the holster and have loved them. Knowing the Seidio Innocase / holster would run about $50 I figured I'd give this one a try. And in one word... it was awful.

Instructions for putting it on were decent, and it snapped into the holster pretty easily and if you depressed the little tab at the top of the holster it would come out easy enough. The problem was that once in the holster the whole thing shook around a lot and it wasn't secure. When I tried to open the phone back up after closing it the two pieces of the case would rub against each other and make it very difficult to open back up. I also noticed that the touch screen was very difficult to use when the phone was open - I'm not sure if this is because maybe the front piece was pressing on the screen throwing it off but it touch screen on my pre seemed less sensitive and less responsive.

The biggest problem was getting the case off - it was nearly impossible and no instructions were included. I just didn't want to break my phone - that's all, I didn't really care about breaking the case... fortunately I was able to get it off without breaking the phone or case.

The build quality of the case also leaves a bit to be desired. It is possible that the case was used and returned but it was all buffed up on the bottom and top like it had possibly been used before.

Of course I can't link to any thing until I make ten posts so.. here's the url of a picture, use your imagination in order to get it to work

img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/neilsly/CIMG0015.jpg
    It is basically a clone of the rocketfish design.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    That holster looks about like what I'm looking for. I've been looking for something simple, and not bulky that is just a holster. I'll go see if I can find one of those.
  4. nrs
    Quote Originally Posted by mjsmiley View Post
    That holster looks about like what I'm looking for. I've been looking for something simple, and not bulky that is just a holster. I'll go see if I can find one of those.
    I'm not sure the holster will work without the hard case - my assumption is that holster is too big without the hard case on the phone.
    Saw this in Radioshack for $29.99 and thought it was a great deal as it comes with the hardcase and matching holster.

Plastic is nice thick quality, not rubbery and not glossy. Not the flat black i was looking for but right in the middle. Note*This cases' surface DOES NOT enhance grip, so if you are one of those people who cant seem to hold onto stuff be cautious. Open it up in store first to get a feel for it.

Like any other hardcase it makes the device feel more solid. Cant comment on oreo as i dont have it but i imagine it wouldnt fix this problem cause it snaps onto the phone and not itself with its own glide like the sprint case. Overall Im very happy with this case.

Pics below

forums acting really weird. keeps double posting when i only hit post reply once

and i did not have the issues the op had. phone did not shake in the holster, sits secure, abnd mine was not buffed up at all. I bet his was a return. I wonder if his had the clear rubber strip wrapped around it when he bought it, probably not
    Any updates on this hard case/holster combo? How has it been holding up?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Looks like these are gone. I stopped by a Radio Shack yesterday and they said they hadn't seen them in a while and they were probably discontinued. I'm gonna check another Radio Shack to be sure.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  9. FXC
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    They still have it at an RS in my area. Should come up online at least.