Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. ame
    ame is offline
    ame's Avatar
    Posts
    499 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
       #1  
    or something? My 2nd touchstone came today and the damn thing doesn't have the cable!
  2. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #2  
    In general, you should be able to use any mini-USB cable. Are there poorly made cables out there that won't work? Sure.

    I bought a pack of cables online for something like a dollar each. They work wonderfully.

    However, the area for plugging into a Touchstone is small. Most cable plugs will need to be cut to fit.
  3. JKTex's Avatar
    Posts
    376 Posts
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    or something? My 2nd touchstone came today and the damn thing doesn't have the cable!
    Riiiiight. You missed all the people that assumed they included a charger although they say specifically that they don't?

    eBay seller has Palm Pre OEM Chargers for $19.99 delivered. Or hack and cut and shave and solder on aftermarket cables and chargers and hope it works.

    I posted a thread with the sellers name. Reagan Wireless of something like that. He shipped mine the same day.

    Oh, and you said it doesn't come with the cable....it doesn't come with the charger. A cable alone won't do you any good.
  4. ame
    ame is offline
    ame's Avatar
    Posts
    499 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
       #4  
    I have all but the cable. The stone base and the pluggy thing (in fact like 6 pluggy heads) but no cable!
  5. ame
    ame is offline
    ame's Avatar
    Posts
    499 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
       #5  
    and it's supposed to have the cable. it says so.
  6. ame
    ame is offline
    ame's Avatar
    Posts
    499 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
       #6  
    I need to take the thing apart with all the plugs. Maybe it's in there.















    And it is. Nevermind this thread, I am a moron.
  7. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    I have all but the cable. The stone base and the pluggy thing (in fact like 6 pluggy heads) but no cable!
    How did you end up with 6 "pluggy heads" for the Pre? The Pre comes with one. You'd need to spend (what I consider) an arm and a leg to get another one.

    Or did you find a third party one that actually works? Few do.

    Or by "6" do you mean that you bought the international one that comes with several heads? Only one of which will work in your country.
  8. JKTex's Avatar
    Posts
    376 Posts
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    and it's supposed to have the cable. it says so.
    No they don't, unless you got some special packaged bundle thing. The TS kit or TS alone neither come with the changer/cable.

    But glad you found the cable. You hadn't mentioned you already had the chargers.
  9. ame
    ame is offline
    ame's Avatar
    Posts
    499 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    How did you end up with 6 "pluggy heads" for the Pre? The Pre comes with one. You'd need to spend (what I consider) an arm and a leg to get another one.

    Or did you find a third party one that actually works? Few do.

    Or by "6" do you mean that you bought the international one that comes with several heads? Only one of which will work in your country.
    I bought the "Touchstone Expansion Pack" that was supposed to just have a plug, a cable and a touchstone. And it came as the Touchstone Dock packaged (retail pkg) separately and then an International Power Charger with the cable, 6 pluggy heads that swap out and then a small adapter to use with the old Treo/Centro.

    What's bizarre is that my original regular touchstone "starter set" was only $10 cheaper.
  10. ame
    ame is offline
    ame's Avatar
    Posts
    499 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    No they don't, unless you got some special packaged bundle thing. The TS kit or TS alone neither come with the changer/cable.

    But glad you found the cable. You hadn't mentioned you already had the chargers.
    Oh yea, I bought a touchstone when I got the phone, and then ordered the car charger and a 2nd touchstone "expansion pack" the other day so I could have one at work. And was completely confuzzled when I saw what I got. But yes I am glad to have the cable. I can now move crap on and off at will and not wait til home or go to my car
  11. art_sjc's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #11  
    I picked up a few 3 and 6 foot micro-usb cables from monoprice.com for like $1 each and $2 shipping via USPS. They've worked great, no problems at all. I "splurged" for the gold plated ones with the ferrite core for 20 cents more each.
  12. #12  
    Not sure where you ordered it from but I would be contacting them if it's suppose to have the cable and it doesn't. Yes the Expansion pack is suppose t have it but it sounds like they didn't have that in stock and tried to peicemeal you the kit instead.

Posting Permissions