Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Well, Put my Pre on the TouchStone last night like i always do at night. It said i was charging.

Woke up this morning and the Pre was at 40% no charge icon onthe battery and moved it around the stone and no contact. Unplugged the USB from the stone and plugged it in the side of the Pre and usb charging works.

All OEM Pre parts, but the stone just died. Stone is less than 3wks old. WTF.

Anyone else have this problem.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Reboot the Pre and see what happens.

I thought my brand new TS was dead too. It did it one other time.

Reboot = Orange key/Sym key/"R" key at the same time. It's tricky.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Well? Did that work?
    My TS ( number 2 of 2) died as well after having it for a week and a half... I didn't try rebooting the phone, I just called Amazon and they replaced it right away.
    I had one that would charge but it acted like there was a bad connection. I would have blamed the case but my second TS works perfect. Sprint took it back with no problems.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I have seen the backs not working. Just take it back & let Sprint deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    Reboot the Pre and see what happens.

I thought my brand new TS was dead too. It did it one other time.

Reboot = Orange key/Sym key/"R" key at the same time. It's tricky.
    Thanks for this tip. Worked for me. Not sure what is caused it though
    I just took one back yesterday. I have 2, so it's easy to trouble shoot. One worked, one didn't. I took the bad one back.
    mine did the same thing. I have 2 ts's and neither one would even register the phone was on it. Rebooted and removed/reapplied the back, problem solved.....for now at least.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I rebooted, reset the battery and it seems to be working now. Just weird, it was working fine, then just stop working.

Found that opening the keyboard makes it easier to find the sweet spot when using the Seidio Innocase.
    Quote Originally Posted by bgc42169 View Post
    Well, Put my Pre on the TouchStone last night like i always do at night. It said i was charging.

Woke up this morning and the Pre was at 40% no charge icon onthe battery and moved it around the stone and no contact. Unplugged the USB from the stone and plugged it in the side of the Pre and usb charging works.

All OEM Pre parts, but the stone just died. Stone is less than 3wks old. WTF.

Anyone else have this problem.
    Mine did the exact same thing, except it is 7 weeks old. rebooted the phone (battery died on the golf course), read the forums put it back on and is working again!
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Well, happened again. Seems to be a issue with the CLock app and the OS. Woke up to get my phone off the TS and it was down to 15%, when it was charging last night when i set it on the TS.

I took it off the touch stone and plugged the micro usb in the side to charge it and it would not charge through the USB this time.

I have to reboot the phone to get everything back again. This is getting annoying.

So combination

Clock app, Touch Stone, Seidio INnocase, then stop charging half way through the night and discharges the battery since the TS does not let it sleep fully.

Is this related to the 95%-100% charge uncharge Charge uncharge issue causing the OS to turn off after so many alerts????

Anyone else experience this ???????????
    Is the TS cover under your Sprint phone insurance?
    Quote Originally Posted by wburleson View Post
    Is the TS cover under your Sprint phone insurance?
    no but you get a one year warranty and corporate stores will honor it as long as you got it thru telesales, the web, or at the retail store. I work in s Sprint retail store
    this happened to me today. Reset cured it. hmmm.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Same problem here. Reset fixed it.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Thanks for posting about reseting the device. Had the same problem today reset the device and now life is good again.
    I suspect that the clock app or the part of the webOS that controls charging has a nasty memory leak (actually, I suspect several Pre apps have this problem). This would explain why a simple reboot fixes the issue. It clears the memory allowing for a clean start.

Perhaps doing a reboot before you set it down for an overnight charge would be wise until Palm pushes out a bugfix update? Dunno if that would help or not. Also, I would recommend posting the issue to Palm's website through the feedback link: Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA At least then you know that Palm knows about it.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    same problem here, this is unacceptable for an overpriced accessory

woke up with phone screen off, battery at 26%. Took phone off and placed back on touchstone, nothing. Plugged into USB, said charging, came back 20 minutes later - battery at 16%.

Finally, reset phone, now recognized touchstone and began charging again.

Why is the phone refusing to accept a charge (both USB and touchstone) after touchstone failure, is it a phone defect - should i have the phone replaced??????

Resetting the phone is useless when I have to go to work and I do not have a charged phone.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Well Update to this. I was using my Sprint Nav on my touchstone in my car and after 3hours of running i tried to start a new app, get error no memory to start card blah, close some cards.

Also the phone stopped charging via the Touchstone also. i had to reboot the phone and everything started working again.

Repeated this three times (3hours each time) to make sure i was not nuts.

So i do believe there is a memory leak problem that cascades from different apps to much up the driver for the Touchstone charging.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast