1.    #1  
    I have been ranting on about this in quite a few posts in both this and the Pre forum, but I just can't understand why none of the manufaturers of leather cases for the Pre put a hole for the headphone jack into the case?

I am still stuck using the case that came with my HTC Touch!

I know that Seidio has a plastic holster with access to the headphone jack, but I don't like holsters, I want a leather case. They should also start making cases that will accomodate a Pre with an extended battery, like the Seidio 2600 and the Amzer 2800.

So all you case manufacturers...are you listening....? Send the design team back to the drawing board and give us cases with headphone access as well as bigger cases to accommodate a Pre with extended battery. I know Seidio is working on the bigger cases, but, judging by the pics on their site, it will look just like the other case and won't have headphone jack access.

Ok...I am done ranting.... hopefully someone will listen, because whoever does, will get my money!
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    The "best case ever" thread down a few pages gave this link out for a leather case with a headphone jack opening:

PDair Black Leather Flip Case fits Sprint Palm Pre - eBay (item 220461771632 end time Aug-10-09 01:45:19 PDT)

If you don't want to deal with an eBay seller in Hong Kong, cases.com has it as well for about 10 bucks more. There's also another company selling this same case under a different brand name, but I can't find the link right now.

Can't endorse it because I don't have one (yet), but it's out there for anyone using the stock battery.....
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    It's not leather but I think it's great.. it's the Seidio Case with Audio Port Access. There is also a thread about this a couple pages back.
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    The "best case ever" thread down a few pages gave this link out for a leather case with a headphone jack opening:

PDair Black Leather Flip Case fits Sprint Palm Pre - eBay (item 220461771632 end time Aug-10-09 01:45:19 PDT)

If you don't want to deal with an eBay seller in Hong Kong, cases.com has it as well for about 10 bucks more. There's also another company selling this same case under a different brand name, but I can't find the link right now.

Can't endorse it because I don't have one (yet), but it's out there for anyone using the stock battery.....

I definitely can endorse these cases. I have been buying PDair cases for quite some time now. The cases are VERY well made. They also ship faster than anyone else I have ever dealt with in Hong Kong. I have never waited more than a week for my case to arrive.

Here's a tip: If you want to purchase a PDair case, do it on Ebay. The buy now price and shipping combined comes out to $25. They are $28 with free shipping on PDair's website.

I hope this helps!

Oh yeah,...the other case that is exactly the same is the Monaco case.
    I endorse PDAir as well. I've been using these cases for a while (I was using Proporta before, and they are both similarly built).

Also, just to note: If you are looking for a leather key ring (with added SD card holder), PDAir ships a free one with $28+ orders.

I haven't had experience purchasing these on eBay though. I've only purchased form PDAir.com.

Here is all of the Pre cases that they offer: Palm Pre PDair Accessories, Zubehör, accessoires, accessori, アクセサリー, 악세사리, accesorios, Cases, Fällen, Étuis, casi, ケース, 사례, Casos, Leather Case, Aluminum Metal Case, Silicone Case, Screen Protector- PDair.com

And, if you cannot decide which case to get, they have a YouTube channel where the "model off" the cases and show how they will look/fit on the devices: YouTube - PDair's Channel
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I have been ranting on about this in quite a few posts in both this and the Pre forum, but I just can't understand why none of the manufaturers of leather cases for the Pre put a hole for the headphone jack into the case?
    I couldn't agree more with the rant. I got my Pre and the Palm leather case on launch day so I was too stoked to examine the case for obvious design flaws. But the moment I tried to use my Pre as I would my iPhone (i.e. on my hip while using the ear buds)...bam! I felt like I got ripped off. Such a *simple* thing to make a spot for the headphone plug!

Ultimately, however, I decided to purchase a stereo BT set (Voyager 855) to see if this would serve me better. They work OK but they lose power pretty quickly before I have to recharge them. I'm also noticing that my ear gets sore from wearing it too long.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by philburkhardt View Post
    I definitely can endorse these cases. I have been buying PDair cases for quite some time now.
    I've been looking at these cases but it seems to me that the phone can easily fall out once you flip open the case? Is that true?
  8.    #8  
    Well the PDair obviously won't work with any of the bigger batteries.... I just hope Seidio and the others come to their senses and incorporate a hole for the jack on the new cases for Pres with bigger batteries!
    Quote Originally Posted by DonBakke View Post
    I've been looking at these cases but it seems to me that the phone can easily fall out once you flip open the case? Is that true?
    Nope. The case hugs the device pretty tight. It takes a little effort to separate the Pre from the case back. For a while I was afraid that the case was holding on too tight. It has since loosened a little (but not enough to be worry-some).

Basically, the back portion grips the entirety of the back piece of the Pre, so the Pre sinks in pretty deep.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.