1.    #1  
    So i purchased a Griffin 3.5mm auxiliary cable for $10 and i am pretty sure it ruined my first pre. After using this the volume rocker on my phone for the up volume would not work, and after a day no sound at all.

So i do not if it the cable or a bad pre. I am hesitant to try again with my 2nd pre with this cable. Should i try again with the same cable? Should i buy a new cable, such as dynex or any recommended aux cable for the Pre? Anyone else encounter this problem? I am plugging it into the aux of my car hoping to pandora etc over my speakers.
    I would try the cable again. I cannot see a relation between the two (I could be wrong). Griffin makes pretty decent stuff. I am using a cable from monoprice.com with NO issues, so I think it may have been a Pre hardware malfunction.
    I'm also nervous about this. Palm had terrible quality audio jacks on the Treos, compounded by the fact that they put them on the bottom, along with an adapter that had a right-angle to really increase the odds of maximun torq. I think I ended up returning 3 Treos, and then went the bluetooth/SAG route. No headphones, no audio cables.

With my Pre, I have been using the cables and headphones. Probably a bad idea. I am hoping and praying the audio jacks are better made.

What NOT to do - if you start losing sound, or get static, do not twist, turn, pry until it works - this may help short term, but just hastens the end...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.