1.    #1  
    Hi guys

I am using the JawBone 2 with my pre, i noticed that when i call the pre uses the JawBone 2 but when I get incoming call it doesnt start the JAwBone automatically I have start it from the drop down, is this a bug or is this the way Pre designed it? Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks
    Yeah, I'm testing with my plantronics to see if it has the same behavior. My Jawbone II is doing the same thing. I'm testing to see if when the phone goes dark, does the BT signal sleep to save battery life? I'll post back in a bit.....

*Edit: Ok, so I tested it with my 520Plantronics and Jawbone II. They both exhibit this behavior (doesn't automatically connect to BT) IF you answer the phone call by pressing the green answer icon on the Pre.

However, IF you answer the phone call by using your BT device (not by pressing the green answer icon on your Pre), the phone call DOES automatically go to your Bluetooth device. I answered both calls on each device and both Plantronics and Aliph JBII went live with the incoming call (auto connect) when I used the answer key on the BT device.

I was using the phone to answer while connected to my BT device (old habit). The Pre is distinguishing the way you answer your incoming call while connected to a BT device. It thinks you want to use the phone instead of your BT device but will still give you the option (Speaker, audio, Bluetooth).

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 08/05/2009 at 11:07 AM.
  3.    #3  
    sounds good, i think it is a bug or pre is setup this way, need to a palm tech to answer that or someone with another bluetooth.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    *Edit: Ok, so I tested it with my 520Plantronics and Jawbone II. They both exhibit this behavior (doesn't automatically connect to BT) IF you answer the phone call by pressing the green answer icon on the Pre.

However, IF you answer the phone call by using your BT device (not by pressing the green answer icon on your Pre), the phone call DOES automatically go to your Bluetooth device.
    I had a Plantronics Voyager Pro (returned it due to compatibility issues with the Pre) and the behavior was inconsistent. When picking up with the headset it would always use the headset, but when picking up by touching the green icon on the phone it would often use the headset but sometimes not. As you've of course figured out, the safest bet is to answer using the headset.
    I kind of like the way it works, I just need to get used to it.....lol

it will come in handy for me because I only use the Jawbone 2 while in the car, and if I get out to go into a store I take it off.. and I don't have to turn off the Jawbone, so if I get a call while I'm in the store it won't default to the Jawbone..
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Little late to the discussion here, but on my jawbone II it works flawlessly.

Even if the headset is turned off and I answer the phone and then turn it on the call automatically transfers over to it. Same if its within range of the headset. It goes through it regardless of how i answer.

When I got the pre and I initially synced the headset i had issues. After deleting the pairing and doing it again its the best experience I've ever had with a bluetooth headset.

Again sorry for the late reply on this one.
    I've gotten use to answering from my BT device. Works great now that I've messed with both of my units enough to understand the functionality of BT and my Pre. I like the fact that you if answer from ur Pre, it enables the headset. If you answer from ur BT device, it enables the BT device.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 08/18/2009 at 11:30 PM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!