Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    First off, my wife and I both use TS on our phones. I ordered just 1 innocase and received it today. I only ordered one due to the issues I've read on here regarding the innocase falling off. That was not the case here since it fits perfect and was about to order the pink one for my wife...

However, when placing in on the TS, I can not get it to charge for the life of me! I did remove the spacer so that eliminates that problem. Took off the back innocase and it charges on the TS fine. Swapped out the TS back from my wife's pre (thinking it maybe my TS back cover) and then installed the innocase again and still no luck charging it on the TS.

The odd thing is it stays on the TS just fine, but it will not charge. Any tips on finding the "sweet spot" to charge it. Or would it by chance be a defective innocase back? If I can't get this to work over the next few days I may just opt for a refund. I love the feel of the innocase but it would not be worth it for me if it won't work with the TS.
    Last edited by ranzo; 08/03/2009 at 10:17 PM.
    My innocase works OK with both my TS's, although the magnetic attraction is reduced considerably. Maybe your TS is drawing too little power for some reason?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    ...the magnetic attraction is reduced considerably...
    I am currently hooked on using my Pre as a "nano-netbook" by extending the keypad slider as it is perched on the TouchStoner... then surfing, accessing and doing all kindsa stuff that is supplementary but concurrent to my usual laptop rigamarole.

Question: If you have the Innocase doohickey strapped around your precious pre, is the magnetic attraction sufficiently reduced such that use of medium impact keypad typing on a TS fixated, Innocased Pre with its keypad slider extended would "tilt" the phone and break contact to disrupt charging and position?

Thanks for any info!
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzo View Post
    First off, my wife and I both use TS on our phones. I ordered just 1 innocase and received it today. I only ordered one due to the issues I've read on here regarding the innocase falling off. That was not the case here since it fits perfect and was about to order the pink one for my wife...

However, when placing in on the TS, I can not get it to charge for the life of me! I did remove the spacer so that eliminates that problem. Took off the back innocase and it charges on the TS fine. Swapped out the TS back from my wife's pre (thinking it maybe my TS back cover) and then installed the innocase again and still no luck charging it on the TS.

The odd thing is it stays on the TS just fine, but it will not charge. Any tips on finding the "sweet spot" to charge it. Or would it by chance be a defective innocase back? If I can't get this to work over the next few days I may just opt for a refund. I love the feel of the innocase but it would not be worth it for me if it won't work with the TS.
    I have this same problem. I called Seidio and they sending me a new one. I really like the case though. I may just keep it even if the new one doesn't work but I didn't buy the TS for nothing -_- I do not see any alternatives compatible with the TS other than a bodyguard, but I don't like the way they look or feel.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the info fain. Let me know how the replacement works. I may give a call to Seidio tomorrow to see if I can get a replacement as well. Or maybe the sedio rep on this forum can assist me with this issue/exchange as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    I have this same problem. I called Seidio and they sending me a new one. I really like the case though. I may just keep it even if the new one doesn't work but I didn't buy the TS for nothing -_- I do not see any alternatives compatible with the TS other than a bodyguard, but I don't like the way they look or feel.
    Yes, please let us know how this pans out. I'm currently dealing with an Innocase that sometimes charges and sometimes doesn't (does this on-off-on-off dance all day). If replacing it won't help, then I might just shave off some of the inside of the case to see if that will allow the connection to get through better or do some other type of mod. I want both and I want them both to work dammit lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalinestyle View Post
    Yes, please let us know how this pans out. I'm currently dealing with an Innocase that sometimes charges and sometimes doesn't (does this on-off-on-off dance all day). If replacing it won't help, then I might just shave off some of the inside of the case to see if that will allow the connection to get through better or do some other type of mod. I want both and I want them both to work dammit lol.
    I feel ya, but be careful with the on and off dance. Some one reported that it might of shorted out the charging mechanism in another thread. Now his pre will not charge with the TS, innocase or not!!

Here is the other thread I speak of..

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    I feel ya, but be careful with the on and off dance. Some one reported that it might of shorted out the charging mechanism in another thread. Now his pre will not charge with the TS, innocase or not!!

Here is the other thread I speak of..

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html
    ....great. Thanks for the heads up. Really hope we come to some sort of solution for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperpre View Post
    I am currently hooked on using my Pre as a "nano-netbook" by extending the keypad slider as it is perched on the TouchStoner... then surfing, accessing and doing all kindsa stuff that is supplementary but concurrent to my usual laptop rigamarole.

Question: If you have the Innocase doohickey strapped around your precious pre, is the magnetic attraction sufficiently reduced such that use of medium impact keypad typing on a TS fixated, Innocased Pre with its keypad slider extended would "tilt" the phone and break contact to disrupt charging and position?

Thanks for any info!
    For me, it's definitely too unstable to use as a platform for typing.
  10.    #10  
    I called seidio today and they are shipping me a replacement. I will report back once I get it. Fain, I think you will be getting yours first so if you could please post your result once you get it. Hopefully it works out.
    I called seidio today and they are shipping me a replacement. I will report back once I get it. Fain, I think you will be getting yours first so if you could please post your result once you get it. Hopefully it works out.
    Well, got my new one yesterday and it is not any better. I love the looks of the case though. Wonder if there are any cheaper ones that looks like it.

I am going to call them again sometime soon to see what they have to say about it.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    This was happening to me as well but only once the phone hit 100% charge. After trying alot of different things I ran across a post that said a Palm rep stated that this was a "feature" that the phone alerted you when it is fully charged on the TS.
    I see two, maybe three threads out there that should be joined. Here was my contribution in another:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1816614

For the lazy: I have singled out one of my touchstone chargers as the culprit between three Pres w/ cases and another touchstone charger; The cases proved rather consistent.
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    This was happening to me as well but only once the phone hit 100% charge. After trying alot of different things I ran across a post that said a Palm rep stated that this was a "feature" that the phone alerted you when it is fully charged on the TS.
    Bunch of crap, I had similar issues and then I got a new touchstone which doesn't do that. My new touchstone charges to 100% and keeps it there. No problems whatsoever....same charge functionality as if I plugged it in.

I'm getting my replacement seidio case tomorrow so we'll see if that makes a difference. If it doesn't it's time to start drilling.
  15.    #15  
    Bunch of crap, I had similar issues and then I got a new touchstone which doesn't do that. My new touchstone charges to 100% and keeps it there. No problems whatsoever....same charge functionality as if I plugged it in.

I'm getting my replacement seidio case tomorrow so we'll see if that makes a difference. If it doesn't it's time to start drilling.
    LOL. Gotta love that attitude! I seriously was thinking about doing the same thing. I may get one of the $5.95 ebay cases that was posted on here somewhere and drill that one. $30 is too much for my blood to be doing that
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Couldn't you just remove the back of the case when charging on the TS and then put it back on when it's done? I usually charge my phone at night, so it wouldn't be a big deal for me to do that. I just ordered a Seidio case and also the $5 ebay case to see which one works better.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms_Kady View Post
    Couldn't you just remove the back of the case when charging on the TS and then put it back on when it's done? I usually charge my phone at night, so it wouldn't be a big deal for me to do that. I just ordered a Seidio case and also the $5 ebay case to see which one works better.
    Actually that's what I had been doing and I was careful not to break the tabs on the innocase when taking the back off. Now I'm just sporting the front case for now until my replacement comes in.
    Actually that's what I had been doing and I was careful not to break the tabs on the innocase when taking the back off. Now I'm just sporting the front case for now until my replacement comes in.
    One of my tabs broke, so I would avoid this. Thankfully seidio is sending me a supposed "redesigned" innocase with new and improved tabs. I'll report if this is true or not.
    So is it worth it? I've been watching this post cause I just got a TS charger a back for myself and ordered the same for MissPhilly, the Sprint Store was out. And I already ordered a second TS base for both MissPhilly and myself. Up until now both of us used the Rocketfish case from BB.
  20.    #20  
    Got my replacement case from seidio and still a no go with the TS. Didn't have high expectations that it would work but worth a shot. I plan on getting another TS for my wife and will see if the innocase works with that. Will report back once I buy it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast