Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just wondering where have you guys bought touchstone kit from and how much? I'm going to order a few things from precentral but they are out of the touchstone... so where have you found them?
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    I too am looking for the best/cheapest place to buy the touchstone kit. Thanks
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    I have found Touchstones Kits, Touchstones, and Palm Pre chargers in Radioshack and Best Buy stores. They are the same price as Palm advertises. Amazon.com is $10 dollars cheaper on the touchstone only.
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX
    Palm Pre(v.1.4.1.1) - Sprint - Standard Battery - Touchstone -Motorola HT 820 - Motorokr S9-HD - Jabra BT8040 - Jabra BT530 - Jawbone Icon - Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Speakerphone
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    The cheapest I've found so far is at the following places:

Fadfusion.com and Provantage.com both sell them for approx. $46.

Not sure if I would trust those places w/o doing some research first.

-Scott
    I went to Best Buy and asked them to match the $55 from Sprint (20% off 2 or more) and they did.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I bought two Touchstones from preaccessories.com. The one with the TS battery cover was 49.95 and the single one by itself was 39.95. It took a little while for them to get them in, but it was worth the wait. The price was definitely the best and I could go on their website every day and check the order status. They were right on the money.
    Big Jeff
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    I paid $48.95 from Fommy and they are supposed to get their supply of TS kits today. There is a free shipping coupon, Free40, I used to keep the price that low. If you buy retail your are going to pay a lot more.
  8. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I just paid the full price from Best Buy for the first kit and bought the expansion through Palm.com store with a coupon code I had from a past order and free shipping.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewzer View Post
    I paid $48.95 from Fommy and they are supposed to get their supply of TS kits today.
    I hope they do, but that date has already been pushed back several times.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsWin View Post
    I hope they do, but that date has already been pushed back several times.
    I was hoping too, but the dat ehas been pushed out yet again. I am no longer holding my breath since it has been 3 weeks and counting so far. I just know the minute I cancel my order and buy it for $20 from somewhere else they will get it in stock.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Amazon bumped their price on the kit today. It was $52 and I'm sure it'll go back. They bump prices all over the place based on availability. But they're out of stock and have shown to be sine I ordered mine but they got in a shipment to fill some back orders including mine.

eBay has several sellers with kits for < or in the range of $60 if you trust they actually have them. Pre Central should have them soon as well.

Same as another thread, they're available but it depends on whether you want to save $10-$20 and wait or get one today.

FYI, Precentral did have a bundle deal on the Touchstone and Back separately but bought at the same time. It wasn't bad at all and they're both in stock. Just put 1 of each in your cart and the adjusted price should show.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    Amazon bumped their price on the kit today. It was $52 and I'm sure it'll go back. They bump prices all over the place based on availability. But they're out of stock and have shown to be sine I ordered mine but they got in a shipment to fill some back orders including mine.

When did you order yours from Amazon? I'm still waiting on mine.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I got the same deal, when my girlfriend and I upgraded our phones. I got the Palm Pre, though.
    A really relevant corollary question is what 3rd party USB-->uUSB cords and "universal" wall plugs (manufacturer, model/type) work with the ungodly expensive TouchStone charger base.

I don't fret about being subjected to highway robbery for a TS base, but to have to buy the cord and wall plug as well is a slap in the face. Paying for innovation is humbling (in a good way), paying for specially sized cords is insulting.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
    When did you order yours from Amazon? I'm still waiting on mine.
    Ordered on 7/24. Supposedly shipped on the 31st. I'm hoping it shows up today.

EDIT: Just checked and it arrived at my local PO this AM so it should be out with today's mail.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    Ordered on 7/24. Supposedly shipped on the 31st. I'm hoping it shows up today.

EDIT: Just checked and it arrived at my local PO this AM so it should be out with today's mail.
    Damn, I ordered mine on the 28th, I hope they get more in soon!!
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewzer View Post
    I was hoping too, but the dat ehas been pushed out yet again. I am no longer holding my breath since it has been 3 weeks and counting so far. I just know the minute I cancel my order and buy it for $20 from somewhere else they will get it in stock.
    Now Fommy pushed the date back to 8/14. What is the point of even listing a date, because we all know once 8/14 comes they will just change it again? It seems like Amazon and other retailers have been shipping kits out, so I don't know what is going on at Fommy... plus I don't appreciate that they charged my credit card up front almost a month ago and I still haven't received my order.
    I just received Sprint Premier status (got the package in the mail yesterday) so for those who are, maybe going to Sprint with your discount is best. I wish sprint sold the dual-Touchstone kit that Palm sells. That way, I can install one in both cars.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsWin View Post
    Now Fommy pushed the date back to 8/14. What is the point of even listing a date, because we all know once 8/14 comes they will just change it again? It seems like Amazon and other retailers have been shipping kits out, so I don't know what is going on at Fommy... plus I don't appreciate that they charged my credit card up front almost a month ago and I still haven't received my order.

First things first, GO CUBS! Now that we got that out of the way I feel the same way you do. Have you called them to cancel your order? I am considering it since it will be at least over 1 month before I get the TS kit and probably much longer than that.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    Just wondering where have you guys bought touchstone kit from and how much? I'm going to order a few things from precentral but they are out of the touchstone... so where have you found them?
    At this point, unless you want to pay full price and get one now from the store, just order one here and get in line.

They were at 8/5 date but now at 8/11. I wonder if they got any in, and just filled back-orders though, or if they just pushed the date. They won't charge you until it ships, and if you need to cancel, they're very quick to respond and easy to work with.

Amazon has even pushed their price up to full retail and are still at 1-4 weeks. I think they just cleared a back order out and had to bump the price up to keep back-orders down.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast