Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    i say craigslist is the way to go
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewzer View Post
    First things first, GO CUBS! Now that we got that out of the way I feel the same way you do. Have you called them to cancel your order? I am considering it since it will be at least over 1 month before I get the TS kit and probably much longer than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsWin View Post
    Now Fommy pushed the date back to 8/14. What is the point of even listing a date, because we all know once 8/14 comes they will just change it again? It seems like Amazon and other retailers have been shipping kits out, so I don't know what is going on at Fommy... plus I don't appreciate that they charged my credit card up front almost a month ago and I still haven't received my order.
    I haven't canceled yet. I'm giving them one more week and if they don't have the kit shipped to me by next Friday then I will cancel and just get one from a Sprint store. It's hasn't been worth the wait and hassle to save $20. I understand that they have little control over the supply that they receive, but it is extremely misleading to continue posting available dates when they apparently are never accurate.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    I understand that they have little control over the supply that they receive, but it is extremely misleading to continue posting available dates when they apparently are never accurate.
    Everyone is in the same boat. Filling back orders with what little allocation they get etc. When something moves as volatility as I'm sure these are right now, it's like throwing a dart at a fly mid flight.
    question, why does no one buy it from this sites store, (sorry if its a really dump question) $54?
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkmonst3r View Post
    question, why does no one buy it from this sites store, (sorry if its a really dump question) $54?
    Because they're out of stock I assume. But if they'd just order it, I'm sure they'd get it quicker than they think.

Or, buy the bundle, TS only and cover which they discount for about $62 delivered (not bad if you want it now).

My TS only, ordered from here came in yesterday (Thursday). Order processed on Monday morning.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Now Fommy pushed the date back to 8/14. What is the point of even listing a date, because we all know once 8/14 comes they will just change it again? It seems like Amazon and other retailers have been shipping kits out, so I don't know what is going on at Fommy... plus I don't appreciate that they charged my credit card up front almost a month ago and I still haven't received my order.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
    When did you order yours from Amazon? I'm still waiting on mine.
    Same thing with me, had an order with Fommy (I placed my order while it was still showing as in stock, even received a USPS tracking # the next day) but after three weeks of waiting I canceled and reordered with Amazon last Wed at the $52 price (free shipping). Today I received notice of shipment from Amazon, via UPS. And Amazon didn't charge me until it shipped out. I will have to say, customer service with Fommy when I called to complain was pretty good.
    The touchstone kit is available at amazon for $48. Just ordered mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by damundson View Post
    The touchstone kit is available at amazon for $48. Just ordered mine.
    Out of stock though.
    I am in the same boat, so i emailed them and asked for a free case in consideration of the delay - i got an email this morning telling me that the case has been added to my order free of charge and it will be sent priority shipping
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    Out of stock though.
    Too bad. My order shipped already. There were only like 5 in stock when I ordered mine
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foamfiller View Post
    I am in the same boat, so i emailed them and asked for a free case in consideration of the delay - i got an email this morning telling me that the case has been added to my order free of charge and it will be sent priority shipping
    I'm calling them in the morning.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Got mine from Amazon today. Ordered on the 28th
    I ordered mine yesterday and received it today. I chose the free 5-9 day shipping for it too
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    Out of stock though.
    Touchstone kit is available from Amazon for $53 now, and listing as in stock.
    On August 8th, 2009, I purchased the following from the Precentral accessory store:
    1. Palm Touchstone Charging Kit (Dock+Back Cover) for Pre (out of stock available 8/11)
    2. Palm Vehicle Power Charger for Pre
    3. Palm Travel Charger for Pre (out of stock available 8/14)

I will let you know when the items ship and how long it takes to get to my door (Boston, MA). No complaints here (yet). I knew things would be back ordered. There is a price to be paid for getting a solid discount.

update: 8/17 -> The touchstone kit and vehicle charger are in, but the travel charger must be a hot item because Precentral has pushed back the available date twice, now to 8/28
    Last edited by jayhay312; 08/17/2009 at 02:50 PM. Reason: update
    "In the field of observation, chance favors only the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

insert crapy old phone here (x3)->Sanyo 4920 -> Sanyo 8200 -> Moto Q -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    fommy.com sent my touchstone out yesterday. It seems everyone who was OOS finally got their kits in.
    My touchstone and back cover, travel charger and car charger all shipped on Tuesday and according to UPS are out for delivery today. I would say 2 weeks from ordering (8/8) to delivery (8/21) is a reasonable time period to wait for the savings offered by Precentral.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    purchased mine from buy.com for 45.99 - 6% bing cashback, free shipping

took two days to arrive
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12