Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Here are are few shots. Sorry for the delay. Also, since I only have a few posts, on here, I can't post a link. Paste the links into your browser, or someone please post for me. (alternately, do a search for all of the following terms on Flickr: Palm Pre touchstone contacts extended battery --mine are the only two that come up at the time of this posting.)

farm4.static.flickr.com/3477/4005977604_f5ab177ff0.jpg

Note the pegs and their length. Also note the thickness of the battery - twice the thickness of a standard battery. (I have actually carried a spare standard battery with another standard battery in place using this back)

farm3.static.flickr.com/2445/4005209597_c011ed5738.jpg

Notice where the contacts would meet the pegs when you flip the cover over to install it.

Looks like it has potential, to me.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Here's the pictures from the links above:

Yes, it *does* look promising.....
    Sorry guys I forgot to update this thread... I did attempt this modification and had it working but it was completely useless due to the extra weight of the battery.. I literally had to hold the phone on the touchstone so it wouldn't slip off. So maybe if someone built a holder that integrated the touchstone and had the ability to hold the phone in the correct place without letting it slip at all it would be plausible.
    "We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work."
    Perhaps stronger magnets or moving the magnets in the back to a better place might help. There are posts on making the touchstone work better with some of the aftermarket cases. Maybe one of those might help, if you haven't already tried.
    I can do this modification, I have done several now for people on this forum for a small fee check out the links in my signature for pics and more info
    Need a case or battery touchstone compatible? I just released my OtterBox case that works with the Touchstone. Check out the links below.

Some user feedback here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html
    Quote Originally Posted by sburlbaw View Post
    I can do this modification, I have done several now for people on this forum for a small fee check out the links in my signature for pics and more info
    $40 is a small fee?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12