Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Guys:

I was a Treo user for years. I prefer WIRED headsets for phone conversations vs bluetooth. I have lots of 2.5mm plantronics headsets... is there any way I can use these wired 2.5mm headsets with the Palm Pre? is the 3.5mm jack on the palm pre also support microphone/talking - or is it just for listening to music? Is there any adapter available to allow me to use my existing 2.5mm headsets with the Palm Pre (for talking on the phone - not for music... these are all MONO, not stereo).

Please advise, thanks!
    Mamboking
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    The headphone jack on the Palm Pre is 3.5mm. You will need an adapter to use your 2.5mm headsets on the Pre.
    I am not sure which one you need...

Some devices need 4 conductors, while others need 3 conductors. Dealextreme has both that go from a 2.5mm to a 3.5mm.

Go to http://www.dealextreme.com and search for "2.5mm" They seem to run around $1.25 each, so I would get both and see which one works. Then I would order 5 more of the ones that work and keep them handy if they break/you loose it.

Problem: it takes a while to get them, I think they ship from Hong Kong.

I have a centro, and I have been using their stereo 3.5mm->2.5mm adapter for a while. Works great. I ordered 5 just in case one broke. I haven't broken any, but I have lost a few (I use my 3.5mm headphones on my iPod too) ...
    Last edited by wilderf; 08/06/2009 at 09:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I also prefer a wired headset, and bought an adapter at Radio Shack (had to have that instant gratification!) for about $3 which seems to be working fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGayleGo View Post
    I also prefer a wired headset, and bought an adapter at Radio Shack (had to have that instant gratification!) for about $3 which seems to be working fine.
    wow...only $3. You got lucky! When I checked months ago, they were like $10.

Which one did you get at RadioShack?

F