• Amzer 2800mAh $90(150% more power)

16 24.24%
  • Amzer 3800mAh $130(230% more power)

14 21.21%
  • NON ... Go a different route

16 24.24%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I REALLY need some feed back on whether these extended batteries are worth the extra money and in some cases added bulk to my phone ... I am in a situation that I can damn near have my phone plugged in constantly and I do ... But I don't know if it's actually harming the life of my battery or hardware in general ... 1) Is having my phone plugged in 80% of the time good/bad for the battery/hardware 2) Are the extended batteries really offering what they say ... One in particular the $129 AMZER 3800mAh which is said to offer 230% more power than the standard oem battery ... PLEASE inform me.

Palm Pre Amzer® SmartCell 3800 mAh Lithium Ion Extended Battery with Black Battery Door-84080
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Jeez... that could last a heavy user for 2-3 days with some juice to spare.
    Though I really want to see how much of a back the Pre gets from this.

The 2400 mAH battery added a lot.
    This doesn't really show pictures of how the Pre looks with the back in a side angle.

I heard good things about the 1400 mAH.
    Amzer 3800mAh $130(230% more power) <--- I think this could jumpstart a vehicle.
    If I had seen this I would have purchsed this one instead of the 2800 from Seidio. My 755p had a 3200 battery in it and I loved it.
    Woah, a 3800mAh battery, wonder how much bigger physically it is compared to the Seido extended that just came out. From that picture one drawback is it appears the back on the Amzer is glossy and not matte finish.
    Looks like it turns your phone into a brick.
    just keep it plugged in all the time. wait for pics and reviews or Seidio to respond with different product.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    I like this part.....

"•Charge the initial 24-hour battery charge with the Palm Pre turned off for best results.

I couldn't turn my phone off for a full 24 hours just to charge that thing!
    The seidio 2600 is plenty i would think. but i suppose to a super power user who uses his phone like a small laptop then this might make some sense.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    The 1400 is great for a day, the 2800 is good for 2 to 3 days and who knows how long that big a$$ 3800 would work for. Its definitely worth the extra money for the 28000. I had a 2600 on my other BBerry and it would last for days without charging, and using everything on the phone.
    Big Jeff
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    I may be interested in the 3800. I was looking at the Seidio, but since there are flash problems.... I'm wondering if the Amzer has the same problem. From the one pic, it looks like it won't, but if anyone knows, please let me know.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prenoob View Post
    Amzer 3800mAh $130(230% more power) <--- I think this could jumpstart a vehicle.
    lol
    palm needs to release their own extended battery.
    i would buy more batteries than add bulk to my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    I'm with you. One of the primary selling points on the Pre, in my opinion, is the fact that it's so easily pocketable. If I want more bulk, I'll carry my laptop.

Given the option, at least from a comfort perspective, it seems more reasonable just to carry a spare battery in another pocket than to make my Pre thicker. I don't run out of juice often enough to justify going the other way.
    Can you buy an extra battery for the palm pre at best buy
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Anyone order this battery yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post

i agree... im planning on getting the 1400 so it wont take the phone's beauty with all that fatness
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I am leaning towards 1400 too.... I am always able to find an outlet after 12-14hrs of moderate use...
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by neile45 View Post
    I may be interested in the 3800. I was looking at the Seidio, but since there are flash problems.... I'm wondering if the Amzer has the same problem. From the one pic, it looks like it won't, but if anyone knows, please let me know.
    You will probably have the same flash problem as the 2600 due to the case having to be extened.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast