• Amzer 2800mAh $90(150% more power)

16 24.24%
  • Amzer 3800mAh $130(230% more power)

14 21.21%
  • NON ... Go a different route

16 24.24%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ABBlockhead View Post
    I'm with you. One of the primary selling points on the Pre, in my opinion, is the fact that it's so easily pocketable. If I want more bulk, I'll carry my laptop.

Given the option, at least from a comfort perspective, it seems more reasonable just to carry a spare battery in another pocket than to make my Pre thicker. I don't run out of juice often enough to justify going the other way.

I agree the slimness is a huge plus, but taking the plastic case off and on repeatedly to change the battery could lead to the same situation as the usb charger cover and eventually get cracks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I agree the slimness is a huge plus, but taking the plastic case off and on repeatedly to change the battery could lead to the same situation as the usb charger cover and eventually get cracks.
    Agreed...I would much rather have one big battery and deal with the minor inconvenience of the phone being thicker, than having to remove the back all the time to swap batteries. Especially knowing that the Pre's build quality leaves a little to be desired. I remember on my frist Pre, it crashed one day and I had to take the battery out. After replacing the back cover again (for the first time) the phone was much more creaky.

I don't think that having to plug in the usb charger is that big of a deal, just be careful doing it.
    What I don't get about these extended batteries is why do they last less of a percentage of time than the percentage of increase in capacity. In this case it has 330% more capacity but only lasts 230% longer? Sort of has me going huh?!?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Btw, Amzer -is- working on a touchstone compatible back for their 2800 and 3600 mAh batteries.

I'm getting the 3600 as soon as they get that done!
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    What I don't get about these extended batteries is why do they last less of a percentage of time than the percentage of increase in capacity. In this case it has 330% more capacity but only lasts 230% longer? Sort of has me going huh?!?
    Their calculations are correct:

3800mAh - 1150mAh = 2650mAh
    2650mAh/1150mAh = 2.30434........ (230%)

Now that is technically the potential increase in battery life. There's no guarantee that the PRE will use the battery as efficiently as it does the original. When I had my Treo 700p, I had gotten a 2600 battery from Seidio. Technically, 44% better, but in reality, 30% better. And the battery went down quickly over time too. Within a year, it was giving me about the same battery life as the stock battery.

If it wasn't for the poor battery life on the PRE, I wouldn't even consider an extended battery again, but given the poor battery life and the crappy USB connector (I already broke one of the sides that the cover latches to), I have to look at it (I know I could get a second touchstone, but since they can't charge off of a computer, it's not ideal for when I'm travelling).

Personally, I like the current form factor of the PRE (and the battery doors from Amzer & Seidio don't support the touchstone), so the battery has to be the same size as the OEM battery. I had considered the Seidio 1350, but since there's been numerous reports of the terminals being too far recessed and causing the infamous slider crash, I'm not a fan of it. I'm curious about the Amzer 1400. Prethinking gave it a favourable review, but I'm curious about whether the terminals have the same issue as the Seidio. If anyone has the Amzer 1400, could they post a picture of the battery on top of the OEM battery (terminal side) so that I can compare?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    My 2600mAh is in the mail. I figure its the most cost efficient choice, rather than buy an extended battery and the TS. I'm a little concerned about the heft and lack of compatibility with accessories.

However all said and done the phones fancy features are useless to me if its out of juice, so bigger battery it was.
    Last edited by mscemt; 08/06/2009 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Patiently waiting for a 2600 or so that is compatible with the Touchstone.
    If not its a waste of spending $60 on th TS. See what happens??
    Quote Originally Posted by sumanb
    Personally, I like the current form factor of the PRE (and the battery doors from Amzer & Seidio don't support the touchstone), so the battery has to be the same size as the OEM battery. I had considered the Seidio 1350, but since there's been numerous reports of the terminals being too far recessed and causing the infamous slider crash, I'm not a fan of it.
    Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our products! We have corrected this concern for a very few customers and all of our current stock are good; we have not receive any complaint about this for weeks now!

Hope this information helped, please let us know if you have any other questions.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I'm getting a gas generator for mine
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    Woah, a 3800mAh battery, wonder how much bigger physically it is compared to the Seido extended that just came out. From that picture one drawback is it appears the back on the Amzer is glossy and not matte finish.
    I just bought the 3800 for my pre it is only 1/2 inch thick which comes to be only 3 time bigger that the 1400 and I found that the mugen 3800 is only 89.99 with a back cover there website is easy to fine just type in your search bar Mugen batteries for palm pre and you will see all they have for the phone . here are the stats I was given by them talk time 16.5 hrs and stand by time of over 984 hrs thats 41 days worth. wow . only down side is it takes 5.5 -6 hrs to charge.
    and if you want some photos check them out on their site or also could be seen on prethinking website as well.
    hope this helps everyone that is looking into or thinking about this 3800 Mah battery.
    I think its the best money I spent for the pre.

Only now we can get the Q.A department at palm to work with their low battery life we could see more of our phones on the market.

Merry Christmas to all of you and may GOD bless you daily and may your new year be filled with all the blessings he has for all of you daily.

Rev. Charlie W. Meads
    Founder Of
    Got Salt International Ministries and
    Chinese 4 Christ International Ministries
    I use @ least 3 batteries a day, I would like it to last longer but I want the pre to stay small, so I'll stick with 4 batteries, and a charging bay, plus the touchstones in the car and next to bed.

as far as taking the back off, it gets to be second nature. My buddy with a pre said I reminded him of jet lee in lethal weapon because I've gotton to the point on 1 fluid motion of taking the back off. Your hint to the process is 3 fingers
    Palm prē-ist.
    wait, woa..... Maybe I do want a bigger battery..... Haven't actually read the specs since I saw what it lookd like in a pic, but maybe it'll grow on me lol
    Palm prē-ist.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12