Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Well I've been using the Rocketfish case from Best Buy for the last month of having my Palm Pre. I bought the red one and put it on right away. The one thing that I noticed right off the bat was that it was slick like the original Pre battery door. It had the same drawback as the Pre backcover when it came to sliding the phone open. It was definitely more difficult as it would slide in my hand while trying to open the keyboard. Also, when I would place the phone on the Touchstone, with the Rocketfish cover, it would slide off. I had to go really slow when sliding it on. It took several tries before I could get the charging battery to stay constant. I also installed the Seidio 1350 maH battery on my phone. After installing the battery, the Rocketfish case did not fit the same. I had to bend a couple of the tabs out to click it on.

Then I purchase the Seidio Innocase surface in Sapphire blue. I have owned Innocases in the past and have always liked the way they feel in your hand. They have a kind of grippy feel to them. The slide works flawlessly with this case on. I think its mainly due to the way they develop the case. It feels very good in your hand too. The case clipped on with ease also. There was no bending of tabs or anything. It just clicked on and I was ready to go.

Secondly, and most importantly to me, how will it work with the Touchstone? I took it right to the TS and it clicked right into place. There was no fiddling and fussing around two, three, ten times. You get the point. If you're looking for a good click case that's worth the money, but the Seidio Innocase Surface. Its worth the money to protect your phone.

Hope this helps some people out with case selection
    I agree with the rocket fish being slippery. I notice it doesn't slide very good either. The biggest issue is getting to the top row on the keyboard. I think I'm gonna return mine and get ghost armor instead.
    I loved the rocket fish ( cant use anymore due to extended battery) and it was alot cheaper then the innocase BUT yup the case was super slippery. thats the good thing about the innocase. they have a more rubbery feel. Also I got a knockoff innocase type case on ebay and it was $6 and was exactly the same material ( Rubber). ( but again cant use it either anymore)
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Good post and review. IMO rocket fish is like cheap plastic that covers up the beauty of the phone as well as scratches it up trying to get it on/off. Seidio on the other hand adds a nice look to the phone without adding any bulk. It's really a night and day difference in cases. If you have the rocket fish case now, once you see the innocase on your phone, you'll want to return/trash the RF. trust me!

Oh and the Touchstone capability is awesome on the innocase, where it's missing on the RF.
    Innocase all the way for me at this point, going on day 4 now, im loving it. Improves the phone's feel 10 fold.
    I agree rocket fish is not the greatest. Very slippery maybe even more then when the phone is naked. I also notice is makes a crackling noise when typing and very hard to open and type. Returning mine. Innocase is kinda expensive so I am not sure what to do
    Ordered up a Innocase yesterday. Can't wait to get it. I'm not rocking the touchstone back on my phone so I feel like the thing is gonna shoot out of my hands!!
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alan7467 View Post
    Ordered up a Innocase yesterday. Can't wait to get it. I'm not rocking the touchstone back on my phone so I feel like the thing is gonna shoot out of my hands!!
    Good choice. Dont forget to leave in the spacer padding when you put the seidio case on. you'll see what I'm talking about when you receive it.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH View Post
    I agree rocket fish is not the greatest. Very slippery maybe even more then when the phone is naked. I also notice is makes a crackling noise when typing and very hard to open and type. Returning mine. Innocase is kinda expensive so I am not sure what to do
    I agree that the Innocase is kind of expensive, but they know cases. The surface on the case is great too. Its worth the extra money. I paid almost 21 dollars for the Rocketfish case. So for the extra money I got a better case and the TS compatibility is great with the Seidio case.
    Big Jeff
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fraz View Post
    Good choice. Dont forget to leave in the spacer padding when you put the seidio case on. you'll see what I'm talking about when you receive it.
    I read your post and was wondering what that little piece of foam was for. After reading the instructions it stated to not use the spacer if you are using the TS. The TS will not work if you use the spacer. I think that the space is in case you are plugging your phone in. This way it can slide with the charger plugged in.
    Big Jeff
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alan7467 View Post
    I felt that mine was going to be like a little Rocket ship shooting across the room when I'd slide it open. LOL! The case definitely helped that and the TS back before I got the Seidio Innocase.
    Big Jeff
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    the only thing i liked about the rocketfish was that even though the slide was tougher to operate, the pre felt a bit sturdier. it had a little bit less oreo-ness to it. i prefer the feel, fit and finish of the innocase a lot more and the retention mechanism on the holster is worlds better than the stupid bendy piece of plastic that held the pre in the rocketfish holster.
  13. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    m0unds:
    Did I understand you correctly that the oreo-ness is still there in the innocase versus gone with the rocketfish?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    The Oreoness is gone in either the RocketFish Case or the Seidio Innocase. There's still a little play in the phone, but definitely not as much as when the phone is Naked. It makes it feel and act more stable on the slide.
    Big Jeff
    Thanks for the posts, everyone. I've had the Rocketfish for about a week now and have decided I hate it. My wife has a Pre too with no case for the time being, so I'm constantly comparing hers naked with mine wearing a rocketfish.

While making the build of the phone itself feel sturdier (no oreo!) it actually makes it feel cheap in other ways (cheap creaky rocketfish plastic). It also makes the phone feel twice as big.

I've hesitated buying the innocase because I really have a hard time shelling out $70 (2 cases for me and wife, plus tax in texas and shipping) for four little pieces of plastic. I'm especially hesitant considering (as stated in other threads) the first run of cases were defective. Hopefully it looks like Seidio has the bugs worked out by now.

You do get what you pay for though and this thread has convinced me to drop the dough. Thanks.