1.    #1  
    I received my Innocase yesterday, and while getting it to cooperate with the Touchstone was finicky, it generally worked. While on the Touchstone this morning, the charging stopped. No amount of fiddling with the position could coerce it into a charging state.

So it must be the Innocase getting in the way, right?

Wrong.

I took off the Innocase. It STILL wouldn't charge.

So the Touchstone must have flaked out, right?

Wrong.

I took my Pre out to my car to try on the Touchstone there. It STILL wouldn't charge.

In both instances all I could perceive was a faint hum when the phone was placed on the Touchstone.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Did you use the foam pad spacer? With the touchstone you don't use it
    the foam pad spacer is only meant for the non touchstone back
    whatever floats your boat, buddy.
  3.    #3  
    Nope. No spacer.

With only the Touchstone back on the Touchstone - no Pre - a multimeter shows 5.57V on the contacts inside the Touchstone back. So it appears current is flowing.

Whether it's enough? I don't know.

I still hear the buzzing sound with only the back on the Touchstone, so that leads me to believe something is still amiss.
    Last edited by Keegan99; 07/31/2009 at 01:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Some people have had success slightly bending the contact on the TS back. Sounds weird but doesn't seem to have been caused by the case.
  5.    #5  
    Well, I've now replaced the TS cover (thanks to Best Buy for the quick exchange!), and still no dice.

I've also slightly bent the contacts on the Pre (that complete the circuit with the TS cover) without any luck.

Thus, after swapping every other component, it seems the Innocase managed to muck up the charging mechanism enough to fry my Pre's ability to charge inductively.

Kudos, Seidio.
    I had this problem I took the touchstone back off for a few seconds then put it back on. It works again until I put the Innocase back on :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegan99
    Well, I've now replaced the TS cover (thanks to Best Buy for the quick exchange!), and still no dice.

I've also slightly bent the contacts on the Pre (that complete the circuit with the TS cover) without any luck.

Thus, after swapping every other component, it seems the Innocase managed to muck up the charging mechanism enough to fry my Pre's ability to charge inductively.

Kudos, Seidio.
    Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our products! We are curious to see whether or not you have managed to resolve the issue? From what we can gather from your original post, you are saying that your Pre will not charge with or without our Innocase?

This may be overlooked often, but are you using an OEM Palm charger for the Touchstone? We recommend it this way because aftermarket chargers may not be able to deliver the powers needed for a Touchstone to properly charge your Pre.

Although an aftermarket charger maybe seem like it works, it is not recommended for the Touchstone we certainly cannot guarantee its performance.

Quote Originally Posted by fain
    I had this problem I took the touchstone back off for a few seconds then put it back on. It works again until I put the Innocase back on :/
    Each Palm's Touchstone has a somewhat varying "sweet spot" on its charging surface and once you find that, our Innocase will continue to work with your Touchstone. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Each Palm's Touchstone has a somewhat varying "sweet spot" on its charging surface and once you find that, our Innocase will continue to work with your Touchstone. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
    Hello, I tried every spot on the back of the pre. I called and got a rma but the new one is the same way. I did notice every once in a while I could get a signal from the touchstone through the case but it would drop soon afterwards.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Hello, I tried every spot on the back of the pre. I called and got a rma but the new one is the same way. I did notice every once in a while I could get a signal from the touchstone through the case but it would drop soon afterwards.
    When all else fails, reboot the phone and see if that fixes the issue, if only temporarily. I thought I had a dead TS but rebooting fixed it.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Reboot your pre. Experienced
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Reboot your pre. Experienced the same issue.

Once I did this every thing worked again