1.    #1  
    Anyone know when these will be available?

Trying to decide whether or not to split up an order from the PreCentral store that I made over a week ago. The order is just sitting there until the charger can ship.

Also ordered:

Arkon CM920 Gooseneck Mount & Universal Holder for Palm Pre - which has sold out while I was waiting on the spare battery charger

Palm Standard Battery for Pre - 17% more wasn't enough to make me go for the SEIDO
    Last edited by jamesrreed; 07/30/2009 at 07:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrreed View Post
    Anyone know when these might actually hit the market?

Trying to decide whether or not to split up an order I made a week ago that is just sitting there until the charger can ship ..

Also ordered:

Arkon CM920 Gooseneck Mount & Universal Holder for Palm Pre - which has sold out while I was waiting on the spare battery charger

Palm Standard Battery for Pre - 17% more didn't quite do it for me on the SEIDO
    I got a Palm spare battery charger like over 3 weeks ago through palm.com.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    I got a Palm spare battery charger like over 3 weeks ago through palm.com.
    If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay? do you like it?

I had a docking station with compartment to charge a spare on my 700p but assume there won't be anything similar for the Pre given the design. Otherwise I would probably wait for that.

I had a docking station with compartment to charge a spare on my 700p but assume there won't be anything similar for the Pre given the design. Otherwise I would probably wait for that.
    there's this one
    Amzer Desktop Charging Cradle with Spare Battery Charging Slot - 6069 - Fommy.com

i'd like to get but i'm afraid it won't work with the case i just got
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    standalone spare battery charger (generic) is $6 shipped off of Ebay:

USB Wall Battery Charger for Palm Centro 690 - eBay (item 260455187155 end time Aug-28-09 06:00:00 PDT)

Have two of these, they work great. Charge rate is only like 350-400ma though so it is not a "fast" charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    standalone spare battery charger (generic) is $6 shipped off of Ebay:

USB Wall Battery Charger for Palm Centro 690 - eBay (item 260455187155 end time Aug-28-09 06:00:00 PDT)

Have two of these, they work great. Charge rate is only like 350-400ma though so it is not a "fast" charger.
    that charger works with the Pre battery? the size of the pre battery the same as the Treo 700? i haven't taken mine out yet - afraid to crack that case open!
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts

This is the one I got... Palm Spare Battery Charger - Palm Accessories
    Have you tried asking the store? They'll probably have a better idea than anyone here.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Have you tried asking the store? They'll probably have a better idea than anyone here.
    not sure if you were directing that to me - i asked the other poster because he has the charger and can himself verify whether the battery fits or not.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    that charger works with the Pre battery? the size of the pre battery the same as the Treo 700? i haven't taken mine out yet - afraid to crack that case open!
    It indeed works with the Pre battery, as we've discovered on the forums that the Pre battery is the same as the Centro battery btw.

Im using several Centro batteries without any issue at all.

You can get them new for $5 shipped via Ebay

New Palm Treo Centro 685 690 OEM Original Battery USA!! - eBay (item 230353623537 end time Aug-01-09 15:00:41 PDT)
    Great info about the Centro batteries. May have to pick up a few.
    Thanks!
    I'm using the Mobi Charger that is on PreCentral store. It's connects and charges the PRE via USB with Media and USB Drive modes available. And also charges and extra PRE/ Treo/Centro battery. The extra battery charges alittle slow but it gets the job done. Also if you buy a Seidio battery the extra battery slot will be a tight fill for them. The Palm stock batteries fit excellently!!
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!