1.    #1  
    Hey guys, new Pre user here, just got it 2 days ago. I bought the Invisishield protector with it, and made the mistake of trying to install it myself. After several poor attempts, I thought I had it on good, only to find a day later that there are a bunch of bubbles and the flaps on the corners are not flat. So now I read that Best Buy will install for you, which they didn't offer when I first bought the phone. Can I remove this one and have them re-install it? Will it look jacked up? Do I need to buy another one to have them install?

Otherwise maybe I will just send it in for a replacement with the warranty, and ask Best Buy to install the new one.
    If you have the solution still, the you can redo it. Just douse the IS in it and clean it good. Same w the phone. I installed mine w no issues and LOVE it. i
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Aphoward... I did the same thing. I love it but it is a PAIN to install. I should have just had Best buy put it on.....

What about the warranty? Can I send this one back and just get a warranty replacement? Is that possible? How do I go by that? any ideas?
    I got mine at a ZAGG cart in a local mall. Installing it is absolutely not rocket science, but experience helps, so I let him do it for $5.

He said that the warranty applies no matter what -- as long as you get it off the device and it's clear that it's theirs, they'll give you a new one.

At the cart, even if you get a warranty repair, it's $5 to have them install it.

Rob
  5.    #5  
    Unfortunately we don't have any of the carts around here. I'd love to return it and get a new one from them, and just have Best Buy do the install, but the warranty says does not cover installation issues.

Maybe I can convince BB to exchange for me? Or I will return it at one BB, then buy a new one at another and have them do an install.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I bought my Invisible Shield from Best Buy and paid them $12.99 to install it. 24 hours later, I still had horrible bubbles all over and also a big black speck in the middle of my display. They refunded my money, gave me a new shield, and basically said that was the best they could do and couldn't install it any better. Unfortunately there are no mall carts anywhere near me, so I decided to attempt the install myself after reading all the tips on these and other forums. I ended up with slightly fewer bubbles than the Best Buy install, and a tighter fit around the edges, but I still have 1 fairly large bubble that I couldn't get rid of and I'm doubtful that it will go away. I also got a bright white speck of dust just to the right of the Center button and a little x-shaped piece of lint right in the middle of the display. The installation itself wasn't extremely difficult, but to me it seems like the conditions have to be 100% perfect or else there will be problems. I thought I was working in a clean area, but I didn't even see the lint until it was too late. These shields are frustrating to say the least.