Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    In an attempt to find a screen protector similar to the Power Support Anti Glare Film for the iPhone/iPod Touch, I scoured the message boards and stumbled upon the Forever Fitters Screen Protector. $6.95 will buy you four screen protectors and four low-quality pseudo microfiber cloths.

The following are rated on a scale from 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest score:

Installation: . . 5
    Quality: . . . . . 3
    Feel: . . . . . . . 4
    Fit: . . . . . . . . 1
    Orange Peel: None

The product adheres fairly well to the screen, however the edges of the protector do not adhere to the device at all. The lack of adhesion is also present around the ear piece and button at the bottom of the Pre. Evidence of this can be seen in the pictures I've provided. Additionally, you do not need a solution of any kind in order to adhere this product with the Pre, which is a huge bonus in my book. Overall, the installation was efforless.

The screen protector has a nice, smooth, glass-like feel to it. My thumb glides nicely along the surface as there is no "orange peel" effect whatsoever. This is one of the Forever Fitters' best qualities. The screen protector is marginally thicker than a traditional screen guard such as those produced by Zagg and Phantom Skinz, however it is still very slim.

One negative is that the product is not cut properly. The ear piece and button cut-outs fit perfectly, but the hole for the microphone is at least a millimeter off. As a result, the entire microphone is covered by plastic. To combat this, I took a very sharp pairing knife and made the microphone whole slightly larger. This was a very easy fix. I had no qualms about doing this because they provide you with three additional screen protectors, so even if I ruined that particular screen protector, I had three more at my disposal.

Personally, for $6.95 I believe this product would be perfect when coupled with the Innocase Surface (or the Rocketfish case). I would, however, not recommend this product for individuals who do not intend to use a case with their Pre.

I have ordered Ghost Armor as well, and will post a more extensive review of that product when I receive and install it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kpozan; 07/30/2009 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Word choice; spelling errors.
    Where did you buy these, link please. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    The company has a website, but the screen protectors for the Pre can only be purchased on ebay for whatever reason.

4x Clear New Screen Protector for Palm PRE - eBay (item 170365037749 end time Aug-26-09 18:06:54 PDT)

It looks like they raised the price to $7.99. I still think that is a reasonable price.
    Last edited by kpozan; 07/30/2009 at 08:42 AM.
    Nice Kpozan,

Those were my thoughts as well. I can live with the face that the very edges don't adhere to the phone, it's very minimal on my device and I can barely tell. But the fact that the cut is off by a smidge is a bit disappointing. But, I had mine installed for about 2 or 3 weeks and had no issues at all. So I'm happy knowing my phone is protected.

The touch and feel is the best part. It feels no different from the actual screen without the protector!

If they could better cut these so the speaker hole lines up, I'd have to say this would be the perfect screen protector.

Did I refer you to these protectors? I can't remember..
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawandvital View Post
    Nice Kpozan,

Those were my thoughts as well. I can live with the face that the very edges don't adhere to the phone, it's very minimal on my device and I can barely tell. But the fact that the cut is off by a smidge is a bit disappointing. But, I had mine installed for about 2 or 3 weeks and had no issues at all. So I'm happy knowing my phone is protected.

The touch and feel is the best part. It feels no different from the actual screen without the protector!

If they could better cut these so the speaker hole lines up, I'd have to say this would be the perfect screen protector.

Did I refer you to these protectors? I can't remember..
    You didn't refer me, per se, but I did find them through one of your posts. Thanks for discussing them in the forum!
    Ah, gotcha... A bunch of people asked me for the link and I didn't know if you were one of them or not. No biggie.

I did e-mail forever fitters stating that if they put a little more time and work into this screen protector it would be superior to the others our there... I mean, I really do love the feel of this protector. It's exec as hell! They just need to readjust the speaker hole and trim!
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Ya, I didn't want you to think that we talked and you didn't remember. I would have never found it and purchased it if you had never discussed it.
    does the protector go to the edges far enough that the innocase would hold the edges down?
    gotta pick me up one. looks decent enough
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redraider View Post
    does the protector go to the edges far enough that the innocase would hold the edges down?
    That I don't know. Ask Rawandvital.
    I purchased a FF almost two weeks ago and left negative feedback for the seller after the poor cut of the microphone notch. I've since been in contact with FF and received the following today:

Dear buyer,

Thank you for your picture. We forwarded it to our supplier. They will make a revised item for us. After we received the revised protectors, we will resend a replacement to you. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards,
    Bonnie,
    Forever fitters
    So it seems they'll be fixing the microphone notch issue.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegan99 View Post
    I purchased a FF almost two weeks ago and left negative feedback for the seller after the poor cut of the microphone notch. I've since been in contact with FF and received the following today:

So it seems they'll be fixing the microphone notch issue.
    That says a lot about the company. That would make me, as a potential buyer, feel better about purchasing this product.
    Just as an FYI, FF does have the products for sale on their website. The link is sort of buried as you would think it would be under "cellphone accessories" but it is actually under "screen protectors."

I cna't post links yet, but here is the drill down:

foreverfitters dot com
    Under the Categories menu on the left side, scroll down to "Screen Protectors" and click.

Scroll down again to Palm and there is only one subsection, which is Pre.

Click that and you get to the page where you can see the three types of screen protectors they offer. Click the one you like and there is an order button on that page.

Hope that helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Rev View Post
    Just as an FYI, FF does have the products for sale on their website. The link is sort of buried as you would think it would be under "cellphone accessories" but it is actually under "screen protectors."

I cna't post links yet, but here is the drill down:

foreverfitters dot com
    Under the Categories menu on the left side, scroll down to "Screen Protectors" and click.

Scroll down again to Palm and there is only one subsection, which is Pre.

Click that and you get to the page where you can see the three types of screen protectors they offer. Click the one you like and there is an order button on that page.

Hope that helps!
    Results for Screen Protector:Palm:PRE

Anyone try the anti-glare?
    Here's the link...

Screen Protector:Palm:PRE
    The left and right sides do not reach all the way to the seidio case. The top and bottom will on the other hand. I'll take photos if you would like...

Kegan - I sent them an email and got a similar reply.

I will stay a loyal customer for as long as I need a shield. Why? Because of their fast reply. Their helpful customer service and their willingness to fix the problem. A+ in that department. Exact reason why I'll stay a loyal customer to seidio... My tab broke. They sent replacement and its all good... 2 great companies here folks.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Rawandvital,

Would you mind posting a pic of the FF w/ the innocase. Thanks!
    Looking at the website it seems they have already addressed the issue of covering up the mic.

It states "Our Palm PRE Screen Protector will not cover the microphone hole!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by ryder4321 View Post
    Rawandvital,

Would you mind posting a pic of the FF w/ the innocase. Thanks!
    +1
    I hope this is the leader of the site who posted this. Let me tell you about my experience with foreverfitter. After 1 order, TERRIBLE. I saw some good reviews on the screens with some complaints but it was worth it for the price. I purchase 4x anti glare screen shields for my palm pre. 2 weeks go by and still no delivery. I message the seller labeled urbanmonkey. It says there will be an answer within a business day. No answer for a week. I sent 3 more over the next week. Still not 1 answer. I then decide to call the customers service #(323) 881-9202. It rings and then says the line has been disconnected. ***!!. I then email the official site email. Still no reply. After a few days I decide to call the cust. service # again. This time someone with a spanish accent picks up and tells me I have the wrong #. This is all insane. This is my last resort...the forums and im seriuosly copying and pasting this message all over palm pre forums to let people know to not order from this site. It is seriously like a scam. I just want my screen protectors, thats it. Foreverfitters if you want to contact me to resolve my order email me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast