Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Hello all,

I walked out to the car today and found my Pre headphones smashed. They must have fallen on the ground and been run over. Ah well. I am looking to replace them with some that are in ear and I really don't want to spend more than $20/30 (less is better if they're decent and don't feel horrible). I've not been using the Pre for music, and I need something for the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakley View Post
    Hello all,

I walked out to the car today and found my Pre headphones smashed. They must have fallen on the ground and been run over. Ah well. I am looking to replace them with some that are in ear and I really don't want to spend more than $20/30 (less is better if they're decent and don't feel horrible). I've not been using the Pre for music, and I need something for the car.
    Well the questions are whether or not you want the microphone and would you like bluetooth headphones? I definetly think headphone are a "you get what you pay for" item. If you pay $9.99 then that will be the sound quality you get. That said, you can find the same headphones for dramatically different prices online so shop around.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Go to Marshalls, You can get Skullcandy "smokin buds Ink'd" in several colors and they are an in-ear, silicone rubber flanged earbud style, with decently sized drivers. $10 I believe. Original MSRP was $30

here's a positive review:

Skullcandy Ink'd - Smokin' Buds Headphone Review at OnHeadphones.com

Great sound for the price and if you bash/break/lose them you won't cry. They're my gym earbuds (but I don't use my pre as my audio player) for that reason.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Sony - Ear Bud Headphones - Red - MDREX36V/RED

I like those and there's a pair in an odd color for 10 less also at Best Buy.

I also try get these Skullcandy Ink'd buds from time to time but they tend to wear out pretty quickly.
    Skullcandy - INK'D Stereo Headphones - Silver - SC-INK'D/SL
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SDash View Post
    Sony - Ear Bud Headphones - Red - MDREX36V/RED

I like those and there's a pair in an odd color for 10 less also at Best Buy.

I also try get these Skullcandy Ink'd buds from time to time but they tend to wear out pretty quickly.
    Skullcandy - INK'D Stereo Headphones - Silver - SC-INK'D/SL
    How do they wear out? I've had mine for like a year.

The Skullcandy INK'D's are $9.99 at Marshalls last I checked so they are a very painless option.
    Skullcandy inkd's ftw !!!
    ebay...and look for OEM ones
    Pick up a pair of Creative Labs EP-630s. Very nice for the price.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Hi. Thanks for the responses. Microphone yes, bluetooth no. And yeah, I don't want to have to worry about losing or breaking these since they stay in the car and might fall out and get run over.
    ...making one more post here so I can post a link...
    I know these are a little more than you're looking to spend, but I've been using these with my Zune for almost a year and recently with my Pre:

Amazon.com: Radius Atomic Bass - Headphones ( ear-bud ) - black: Electronics

...they're hands down the best earbuds I've ever used. Previously I had a pair of $70 Sony earbuds (can't recall the model) and they pale in comparison to these. I also love the fact that the cord is nice and smooth so it doesn't get hung up on your clothing.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Thanks for the link. However, I'm looking for a pair that have the mic and button combo. And the more I think about it, the more I just want to spend about $20. I did think about replacing my every day use headphones, but I'd still want some that are just for the car.

ZAK
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    you might need to find something generic on Ebay for that budget, if you want mic/button as well.

White Earphones Earbuds With Microphone for iPod iPhone - eBay (item 370236840629 end time Jul-31-09 15:14:37 PDT)

No telling what the sound quality is but for $6 shipped it's not a huge risk.

here's another:

New Earbud Earphone Microphone Mic For Apple iPhone 3G - eBay (item 310158816315 end time Aug-02-09 16:46:46 PDT)
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Thanks, Arclight. I'll give those a shot if these don't work out.

amazon.com/gp/product/B001V9Q2I8/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Premium Blackberry OEM Original 3.5mm Stereo Headset HDW-15766-005 for RIM BlackBerry 8900 Curve, Storm 9530, Pearl Flip 8220, 8300 Curve Cell Phone: Cell Phones & Service

ZAK
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    How do they wear out? I've had mine for like a year.

The Skullcandy INK'D's are $9.99 at Marshalls last I checked so they are a very painless option.
    I still like them if they still live. My family has had about 5 at least and the problems usually come from one of the earphones coming out with no sound.

But unlike the Ink'd earphones, I've had my EP-830's for about 6 months and they've even gone through the washer and dryer by accident and still lived.
    Those were worth the munny.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I can't post links yet but search for Motorola S805 Bluetooth 2.0 (DJ Style) Stereo Headphones on Amazon. I have a pair and the sound quality is great and it also has a microphone if you want to take calls through it.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SDash View Post
    I still like them if they still live. My family has had about 5 at least and the problems usually come from one of the earphones coming out with no sound.

But unlike the Ink'd earphones, I've had my EP-830's for about 6 months and they've even gone through the washer and dryer by accident and still lived.
    Those were worth the munny.
    Fair enough, mine have banged around in gym use and in the outer flap of my laptop bag since I've had them and have they yet to go south. I have yet to run them through the washer and dryer though.
    you can always buy the iphone replacement ones for $29.99

I saw a pair in BestBuy from Rocketfish, also an earphone mic combo for around that price too.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Amazon.com: Ultimate Ears MetroFi 200v Noise Isolating Earphones w/ Microphone: Electronics

I picked up a pair of these for 24.95 on sale at Amazon.. seems they go in and out of that sale price.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast