Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If Apple is looking for payback from the PRE using Itunes....the cable that attaches to the Iphone/Itunes and your PC/laptop USB port can also be plugged into Palm's USB wall socket to charge the Iphone and ITouch...LOL

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    here's what I received for under $12 delivered!!!

3 cigarette lighter adapters-part # 3523
    2 6' male to micro usb cables-part # 4868
    2 wall power to cable adapters-part # 4874

my second transaction with these people and I am extremely happy with them.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I've tried the charger in two cars and they acted finicky have to admit when I plugged in the inverter, all problems solved.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    I hope I don't offend anyone, but would you bone heads quit posting that BS in this thread? Aren't there enough threads about aftermarket crap that may or may not work and that people are discussing?

Do you even bother to pay attention to the threads you post in? Great for you that you got a handful of aftermarket stuff that may work just fine for you, and may not. Maybe you'll break out the soldering iron, maybe you get out the exacto to shave a plug, maybe one will work maybe the other won't.

For the sumteenth time, this thread was simply to let folks know where to buy an OEM Palm Pre AC Charger and 5' cord like what comes with the Pre for a lot less than most retailers. It's for people that can afford and want to pay a little more for the piece of mind of an OEM charger.

Geez, school can't start soon enough and get you kids busy with homework again....
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    eBay seller, reaganwireless has Pre OEM home chargers with the 5' cable, not the 2.5' that comes with the travel charger for $19.99 shipped. That extra $10 for an OEM charger and cable is worth it to me.
    reaganwireless hasn't responded to a question about the item for several days, even after a repeat. This does not instill confidence. Thus I have not placed an order.
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    reaganwireless hasn't responded to a question about the item for several days, even after a repeat. This does not instill confidence. Thus I have not placed an order.
    Probably because he hasnt come across another 'hot' shipment!
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    the seller still has oem chargers for sale. i plan on ordering one.

btw, i love the rampant threadcrapping on this forum. it's awesome.
    it is the largest octopus ever recorded.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    He was quick to respond to me, and quicker to ship. It was a great transaction.

Is the question something you could ask someone that's already bought from him? It's pretty straight forward. It's the Palm Pre charger just as it comes in the box with the Pre. Not the AC Travel charger which apparently has a 2' cable. This has the 5' cable. Again, it's the same thing that comes with the Pre.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    He was quick to respond to me, and quicker to ship. It was a great transaction.

Is the question something you could ask someone that's already bought from him? It's pretty straight forward. It's the Palm Pre charger just as it comes in the box with the Pre. Not the AC Travel charger which apparently has a 2' cable. This has the 5' cable. Again, it's the same thing that comes with the Pre.
    I asked him to verify whether it worked with Touchstone without requiring any shaving of the cable. If it is 'the same thing', it should, and it will be quick and easy to verify that if he has a Touchstone and a Pre. For a distributor of Palm Pre accessories, I don't think that's a stretch. And if he doesn't, how hard is it to hit 'reply' and tell me that?

I did ask one of his ebay customers, but that person didn't have a Touchstone. I didn't look for another. It shouldn't be necessary for me to contact everyone who has left him feedback to ask a question about his product - he should simply answer his email.

EDIT:
    I received a response today, and did place an order. He says it's his third response, but it's the first one to show up in my ebay messages. Who knows what actually happened ...

EDIT:
    Received the item, and yeah it fits with no shaving, and is working perfectly.
    Last edited by lordbah; 09/06/2009 at 04:52 AM.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Of course it fits without shaving, it's the OEM Palm charger. Only aftermarket chargers need to be soldered and shaved and hacked on.

I brought this back up because he's got them for $9.99 shipped now!! I got another just because.

Palm PRE AC Wall Adapter Charger & USB Cable NEW & OEM - eBay (item 310152732734 end time Nov-29-09 06:35:28 PST)
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    If Apple is looking for payback from the PRE using Itunes....the cable that attaches to the Iphone/Itunes and your PC/laptop USB port can also be plugged into Palm's USB wall socket to charge the Iphone and ITouch...LOL

IGO
    I've done this the opposite way. I have one of those charges advertised for an Ipod that is simply a plug with a female USB. I plug my sync cable into it and the other end into my Pre and it charges fine.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12