1.    #1  
    JTH182 brought up this question in another thread. Since there seems to be some confusion about these models, which one works best - model #3437ww or 3453ww?

They look exactly the same!

3437ww

3453ww
    Last edited by sjamie; 07/28/2009 at 11:12 PM.
    I have the 3437 that I bought before the Pre came out. The 3437 will not work with the Pre Touchstone. It will work in the USB port of the Pre but does not have enough juice to charge will running Sprint Navigation and Pandora at the same time.

I also have 3 of the 3453's. All of them work with Touchstones in all my vehicles.

I'm pretty sure there is a reason that Palm stopped selling the 3437 and dumped them all on other vendors such as Best Buy and Amazon
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Thanks rc46

Just to clarify for this thread, I was wondering which one worked better with the Touchstone
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    3453WW Works perfectly with my TS as well.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by moe300 View Post
    3453WW Works perfectly with my TS as well.
    Does the 3453ww actually charge the Pre consistently vs. just slowing down the drain while running Pandora and Sprint Nav simultaneously?

In other words, will you have greater battery power when you reach your destination than when you began? There seem to be so MANY conflicting reviews about this charger with Pandora & Sprint Nav.
    Last edited by sjamie; 07/28/2009 at 11:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Does the 3453ww actually charge the Pre vs. just slowing down the drain while running Pandora and Sprint Nav simultaneously?
    Mine does. I think the problems some users are seeing are vehicle specific and that is why they see a discharge. I can run nav, pandora, screen on and it charges about 1% every 7 min or so. I posted my test of this in another thread and I can't remember the actual rate for sure, but it did charge. In my '04 Envoy the system works perfectly though.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks, I may just bite the bullet and give the 3453ww a try. Where is the best place to buy it to ensure quality?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Thanks, I may just bite the bullet and give the 3453ww a try. Where is the best place to buy it to ensure quality?
    I got mine at Best Buy as I didn't want to wait. It was like $30 or thereabouts. Good Luck!
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Guys why don't you try this adapter for only $1 from monoprice.com (I have two of them)..it is 1 amp and though it's just a USB CLA converter a 3-foot micro-usb cable from monoprice along with this, is only about $4 shipped.

Works just fine with my Pre while navigating with Telenav etc, but not sure if it will work with the Touchstone. If it's a question of amperage and the Palm OEM charger puts out 1 amp, these supposedly put out 1 amp as well.

1000ma car-USB power adapter: $0.97

url: monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10826&cs_id=1082602&p_id=3523&seq=1&format=2

3-foot micro-usb cable: $0.83

url: monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10303&cs_id=1030307&p_id=4867&seq=1&format=2
  10.    #10  
    I purchased 2 of the monoprice usb chargers and they did NOT charge while using Pandora & Sprint Nav.
  11.    #11  
    The reviews here about the Palm Vehicle Charger (3454ww) are not too comforting! I WANT to like this thing!
    My new Jeep has a built in Inverter but I'm looking for something for my other jeep and company van. I have inverters in both of them but think it's bit ridiculous to plug an inverter in just to drop it back down to DC. I have a Bell adapter that's suppose to put out a full amp but it's flaky at best.

Good to here this works . I saw them on E-bay for like 20 but not sure the wait and risk is worth the 10 or so . I did get a spare battery,Charger (like came with it),headphones and Bag/case all oEM for $35 shipped from E-bay .
  13.    #13  
    I got mine at Best Buy as I didn't want to wait. It was like $30 or thereabouts. Good Luck!
    Best Buy seems to only carry the 3437ww. Are you sure you have the 3454 and not the 3437?

Best Buy - Palm Vehicle Charger - 3437WW
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Best Buy seems to only carry the 3437ww. Are you sure you have the 3454 and not the 3437?

That may have been true in the past, but I stopped at a BestBuy on Saturday and bought a 3453 (which was all they had on the shelf). Maybe the 3437 is old stock and once they sell out they then sell the newer 3453s. (Just guessing on that last part.)

BTW: BestBuy is now selling Segways so when heading in to buy the charger, my kids and I got to do test rides on them. That was a fun bonus to the shopping experience!!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

I purchased online and did in store pickup, and I have the box right here in front of me. It says 3453ww, and it also came with an adapter for charging a centro.
  16.    #16  
    I purchased online and did in store pickup, and I have the box right here in front of me. It says 3453ww, and it also came with an adapter for charging a centro.
    Okay, cool. I just placed my order here at PreCentral for the 3453ww and the Motorola High Performance Charger. If these don't work, I'll buy another Sprint Palm OEM Charger.

I've found the Sprint one works relatively well but the coil is just a bit much. I hope the 3453ww really does the trick! I'll report back once I've tested them.

P.S. I thank ALL of you for your help!
    I have one of each part number and they are identical in every way. They both DO NOT WORK WELL in my 1999 Toyota Camry. They both work VERY WELL in my 2003 Honda Accord EX and my new 2006 Cadillac CTS-V. I can run Pandora and GPS and the Pre will still charge.
  18.    #18  
    Maybe older cars don't provide or allow the amount of power needed to charge the Pre under heavy usage. I have a 1994 Acura Legend. We will see how I fare once I receive my chargers on Friday. So far, out of the 10+ chargers I've tried (most of them provided 1A), only the Sprint Palm OEM charger (.85A) has worked successfully for me. Go figure!