Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I don't think the touchstone will cut it.
    I'm looking for something to mount the pre to my bike handle bars to take advantage of the music app, pretracker (once i install it) or other future apps. or even take a video from the handle bar point of view!

anyway, not that I can do this today, but I was wondering what every one thought might work to accomplish this...

seido has a post for a pda mount for a car.. for a treo.. Multi-Angled PDA Pedestal. something like that, I can convert a bike mount i suppose to attach a good car mount to..

just thinking "out loud"
    This would be a bicycle? Don't think anything would hold up on a motorcycle which I would love to do.
  3.    #3  
    yes, sorry "bicycle", a mountian bike to be "pre"cise.
    Good luck. After my last post you got me thinking. I think I found a nice place on the Motorcycle for the touchstone which should charge of the battery too. Just need to find a way to secure the phone better to the touchstone so it does not fly off. It would be great for navigation.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    What about modding a mirror that mounts to the handlebars?

You could attach the top/gripper part of a for-the-car window mounted cell holder to the flat mirror part... Not sure I'm describing this very well.

Anyway, whatever you do, be careful.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    P.S. Pre doesn't current capture video, but you probably meant in future...
    This cannot be good for the Pre.
  8.    #8  
    I meant for the future.

My big worry is something strong enough to handle trail riding on a mountain bike that won't send my precious pre flying across a dirt trial in the woods. But great for navigation, media, all kinds of cool apps..

i'll have to see whats out there for secure car mounts, maybe something can be adapted.
    You might start here: ProClip Handlebar Mount.

Then look around the site for the device holder you want to use. Costs some $$$, but I hear good things about them.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    This looks pretty hardcore:
    Gorillamobile - Joby

Mounts via suction-cup or adhesive.
    I am thinking about doing the same thing - great for navigation while I ride. Do you have any concerns about the Pre holding up to a bumpy ride?
    I'm using this.
    RAM Motorcycle Mount for Palm Pre
    It works great
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I'm using this.
    RAM Motorcycle Mount for Palm Pre[/url]
    It works great
    This looks perfect. I am going to try it out! Thanks!
    I'm thinking about the Gorilla mount I have a spare Touchstone and stock back that I could put the Stickey mount on. I would most likely reinforce it with some Epoxy as well.
    I would say go with something from the ram mount selection, I use them for my lap top mount in the truck and also there gps mounts. Been very durable.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I'm using this.
    RAM Motorcycle Mount for Palm Pre
    It works great
    Nice find. I've been thinking of using the Pre for GPS on bike rides. I might give that a whirl. That Gorilla thing Spyral linked looks pretty cool as well.
    Ram mount looks nice, found this to keep it charged too, great if you live in Uganda.

treehugger.com/files/2007/01/motorolas_bike.php
    I have some mounting ideas (mostly involving magnets) but I don't think I'd ever have peace of mind knowing my PrPrPr&#$275$; $was$ &$quot$;$floating$ $free$&$quot$;.

I'll probably keep in my side pouch and navigate by sound only until I come to a stop.

I might have considered a lanyard if Palm had designed it for one. Oh well.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bob80001 View Post
    This looks perfect. I am going to try it out! Thanks!
    Currently in the market for a Pre bicycle holder myself ... I was wondering, did the Ram work out for you? How sturdily does it hold the Pre?

Thanks!
    this does seem like a good idea? what about an iPod or zune arm band that you just wrap around the handlebars?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast