Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    For years I've carried my various smartphones in a belt-clip holster (I tried them all). I thought it was a decent solution but not great. One thing was for sure though, I could never carry my Treo in my front pocket like my friends carried their iPhones.

When I got my Pre, I started carrying it in my front pocket. I generally wear jeans and with the size, shape, and form factor of the slick new Pre, that works fine for me. The biggest inconvenience of this carrying method is that I always had to take my phone out of my pocket before I would sit down. I'm in and out of my car and even my office chair all the time. This was getting a bit tedious.

So the other day I was at Wal-Mart and I spotted a black Body Glove neoprene pouch with a snap shut opening at the top (the kind you squeeze to make it open). It had a carabiner clip on it and it's just a little bigger than the "sleeping bag" the Pre comes with.

I only use it when I'm wearing jeans and I clip it on one of my front belt loops. I can drop the Pre into it or pull it out, easily and safely with one hand. And I usually wear shirts untucked so it's 80% hidden by my shirt all the time, and much flatter than any belt holster. Now I can get to the Pre after I've sat down, and I can take the Pre off my Touchstone car mount and easily slip it into the case before getting out of my car, instead of holding it (plus keys, packages, etc.) while I stand up out of the car before being able to slip it into my pocket. I don't use it when I'm wearing pants with larger pockets (like khakis), or when my shirt's tucked in because it looks kinda stupid, but it's a cool solution for $9 and way less annoying than a belt clip.

(If you care, it's big enough for the Seidio case.)
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    You bring up a good point. I've been using $5 Walmart camera cases for almost 10 years to carry my PDA and/or cell phone. I usually go for one with a belt loop, but there are plenty of other options. Those camera bags come with little compartments for batteries or memory, and they make a great place to put your earbuds, spare battery, or something else you want to carry.

I started using these because I sometimes work in an environment where the typical quick release belt attachments get knocked off without me knowing. I now wear the very small camera bag on my belt just about anytime I go out.
    Quote Originally Posted by larnapp View Post
    So the other day I was at Wal-Mart and I spotted a black Body Glove neoprene pouch with a snap shut opening at the top (the kind you squeeze to make it open). It had a carabiner clip on it and it's just a little bigger than the "sleeping bag" the Pre comes with.
    Got a link or pic?
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Got a link or pic?
    Here ya go:

Walmart.com: Body Glove Clutch Universal Phone Case: Cell Phones
    I've been using a Golla Bag since I first got my Instinct and now with the PRE. I keep a small cleaning cloth and Mini-Micro adapter in it as well. For the most part I just clip it to my pocket and toss it in.

I was looking at those BodyGlove cases the other day and thought they would be a great replacement if I ever need one.
    That could actually work for me. It's nice and affordable too.
    Hrmm, this could be a workable case, I may just check it out. Thanks!
    Thanks for the tidbit on this case. May swing by Walmart to take a look at it.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Hey.
    You gave me the idea to buy a case like this.

I have been using the sleeping bag the Pre came in... and I'm tired of the difficulty of having to take it out everytime.
    If I can find a case that just "pops" open easily I'll use it.