Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    we have moved up the shipping date. The shipping began today(7/28) for Pre 2600 mah extended battery.

Seidio
    Sorry for the confusion, unless you are telling me that it is currently shipping touchstone compatible?
    uh...thats really not a comparison pic, sounded like you were looking for a side by side pic. or atleast side by side of the covers????
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    The comparison picture was there but today they changed it to that one. Its still on there web site.

seidioonline.com

Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    uh...thats really not a comparison pic, sounded like you were looking for a side by side pic. or atleast side by side of the covers????
    Seidio , quick question and suggestion. Are you going to sell the Touchstone extended door without the battery for us that already have the battery and maybe at a discount for us who already purchased the door/battery combo since all we need is the door.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 07/28/2009 at 10:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    The comparison picture was there but today they changed it to that one. Its still on there web site.

seidioonline.com
    THANKS!

Wow, that doesn't look bad at all. to be honest, since the original is flat, i have a bit of space between my palm and the back, the 'seidio booty' will fit nice and snug....yah, i don't over analyze this shiz :-P

I am def one step away from getting this...i don't have TS so not an issue....i'm just curious how the camera works since now its in a 'crevice' sort of.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    we have moved up the shipping date. The shipping began today(7/28) for Pre 2600 mah extended battery.

Seidio
    Sweet! Looking forward to reading some reviews from our very own PreCentral members.
    im getting one my batt goes way too quickly
    I wish the seidio logo was a little more discreet, ugh.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzchic View Post
    I kinda like it lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzchic View Post
    If it is anything like their BB extended battery doors it rubs off very easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm
    Seidio , quick question and suggestion. Are you going to sell the Touchstone extended door without the battery for us that already have the battery and maybe at a discount for us who already purchased the door/battery combo since all we need is the door.
    Hello,

I will forward this suggestion to my engineers for future product development. Please continue to check the site for more complete product details!
    Hello,

I will forward this suggestion to my engineers for future product development. Please continue to check the site for more complete product details!
    Basically, Seidio is telling us that this will NOT be Touchstone-compatible. That's a shame. I was looking forward to getting this extended battery, but since I blew $70+ on two TS kits, I can't justify making them obsolete.

I really could use the extended battery... And the 1350 mAh battery from Seidio is still too small.

What would be the MAXIMUM mAh rating you could squeeze into a TS-compatible battery/back cover? Many are clamoring for TS-compatibility, and we would love Seidio to come out with one.

I would take a 1600-2000 mAh rated battery, as long as it doesn't make the backing so large. When you do the math, the 4mm added by the 2600 battery is about 23.6% of added thickness... not exactly a "slim and sexy" device any longer. FYI, Pre's thickness is measured at 16.95mm. The 2600 cover would bring the Pre's total thickness to 20.95mm. It really puts the iPhone's 12.3mm thickness into perspective.

Those are just my $0.02...

Reference:
    http://www.palmpre.org/specs
    http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html
    Last edited by a dumb cat; 07/29/2009 at 03:17 PM. Reason: added references and iPhone comparison specs
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by a dumb cat View Post
    Basically, Seidio is telling us that this will NOT be Touchstone-compatible. That's a shame. I was looking forward to getting this extended battery, but since I blew $70+ on two TS kits, I can't justify making them obsolete.

I really could use the extended battery... And the 1350 mAh battery from Seidio is still too small.

What would be the MAXIMUM mAh rating you could squeeze into a TS-compatible battery/back cover? Many are clamoring for TS-compatibility, and we would love Seidio to come out with one.

I would take a 1600-2000 mAh rated battery, as long as it doesn't make the backing so large. When you do the math, the 4mm added by the 2600 battery is about 23.6% of added thickness... not exactly a "slim and sexy" device any longer. FYI, Pre's thickness is measured at 16.95mm. The 2600 cover would bring the Pre's total thickness to 20.95mm. It really puts the iPhone's 12.3mm thickness into perspective.

Those are just my $0.02...

Reference:
    Palm Pre Specs
    Apple - iPhone - Technical Specifications
    Good question! Seidio, what is the max that can be squeezed into the stock door?
    Its 1350 ish as was told on the Centro. If I rememeber correctly siedio was asked when they had the extended Centro battery and it was 1350 . anything more will require a new door. There is a 1400 amzer battery but 1350 and 1400 are basically the same. I am sure if they could have gotten a 1600 battery in the PRE they would have. If not someone else would have. Cant get any larger without a new door.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 07/29/2009 at 10:03 PM.
    Anyone know when the Precentral store will be shipping these? {ProfJonathan}
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    Good question! Seidio, what is the max that can be squeezed into the stock door?
    I promise you, they probably don't know or care.

I am sure it is within all probability a battery could have been designed with more juice than 1350mAh that fits the stock size battery door.

As many members here have said this 2600mAh battery is the exact same one used with other Palm devices... kind of makes you think right? They probably just spent all of that 'R&D' time just working on a backing which still has no TS support.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12