Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    How did you mount it? I was hoping it had some adhesive on the bottom. I just bought one. Also, I keep getting the dinging when its charging. Did that happen with any of you'res?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Definitely worth it!!!!! Hands down the best accessory ever invented!!!!! I hated fumbling with my BB to figure out which way to put the plug in and trying to get it just right. Plus the little plastic door is just a nuisance after a while. Buy it, but buy it from a website that's cheaper than Palm's price.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rub2008 View Post
    hey I really like it. The only thing I have that I have to get used to is that if I dont "cradle"the phone just right, the charging sound will beep and beep.... as if its trying to connect but its not set right.. All I do it just re-adjust and its good. Anyone have this "problem" (although its not a problem)
    Yeah-- it happens to me too-- at least it tells me if it's on right.
    Yes, the TS is definitely worth the money. Will most likely get another one. It's absolutely amazing how convenient it is.

My TS back cover is very tight. No creaks or wiggles at all. The surface is far superior to the stock "shiny" back cover. At $20 by itself, it's probably overpriced -- if you're going to spend that much for the cover alone, just go ahead and get the TS dock at the same time.
    Powered by Palm since 1996...
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Tungsten T > Trēo 650 > Centro > Prē > Prē F102

...gave up and switched to iPhone4 7/15/10
    I have 2 one for work and one for home. I love them both and am thinking of one for the car.

There's a few problems with getting one for the car 1) Iit seems a bit lazy. I mean how hard is it to unplug one and put it in the car. Then bring it back to the office or home. 2) Would my Pre be stable? 3) How would I mount it to keep both the Pre and the Touchstone secure?
    Yup have 2 one for the Home and one for the Car . I drive a Company Van and then 2 jeeps for personal. I have mounts for the Jeeps and van , simple as a Hockeypuck in a cup holder to a pinchclip on a bracket in one of the Jeeps.

I have a Travelcharger I keep in the new Jeep as it has an inverter built in and then I have a Palm car charger i use with the other 2 . I have a small bag that I can carry it all from car to car .

i have hit a few bad potholes and it has not popped off yet but it does sit almost flat in 2 of the 3 the third I have a clip bent for it to rest on as well as the small angle .

Oh and add the 2 Motorola T505s I have make this the best Phone set up I have ever had .
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rub2008 View Post
    hey I really like it. The only thing I have that I have to get used to is that if I dont "cradle"the phone just right, the charging sound will beep and beep.... as if its trying to connect but its not set right.. All I do it just re-adjust and its good. Anyone have this "problem" (although its not a problem)

The battery door has magnets in it. The Pre needs to touch [2] of them to the Touchstone to position it correctly to make the connection. Most of these problems are due to the operator not aligning the Pre correctly. Basically if the coil on the battery door is not directly overhead the Touchstone coil, then it doesn't work......
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    I waited two months before bying the touchstone, but now that it is here, YES, it is totally worth it. having the Pre sitting there all the time, displaying email/calendar/word ace/whatever is really great. Its like having a Chumby.

Of course, then there is the benefit of not having it die in the middle of the day. If you are a heavy user, go for it. The price is steep, but it is a great accessory. The new back is really great too. More or less the reason why I finally broke down to get it was because the original back flexed too much and made the whole device feel really cheap. Now it is nice and sturdy. Oh, and no more having to fumble with that #%@^@% USB port cover.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I think it is worth it I just wish it came with an internal battery. It be better so all you have to do is charge it once any it'll hold enough charge to fill your battery twice so all you need is the base... That'll be hot and by the way I got mine for free I lost all my contacts and told palm that there has to be some compensation for such a loss and they gave me a touch stone with the back for free.
    Hi Everybody!!!
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I don't have one, but it is overwhelmingly popular. I personally don't have a problem with the charging door.

My concern would be Palm's commitment to the current Touchstone. Pixi's compatibility is a promising sign. Let's hope that most future Palm's will be compatible as well.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Hell yes!!! Got one at home and one in my car.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    I have to say, not being able to turn off the screen and the annoying buzzing sound kind ofdetract from it. I cant leave my pre on there all the time, only when it is actually charging, then I take it off and put it on my desk.
    hmm, my screen shuts off and it's very quiet when it's on the TS.
    Update, just got back from an extended trip (11 days), when packing I forgot to throw in my TS charger, holy s##t, cannot believe what a convenience that thing is. You get so used to using it everyday that you really take it for granted, what a pain plugging and unplugging the charging cable all of the time. I was only supposed to be gone for 4 days, but due to work it ended up being 11 days. I was really temped to go out and buy another Ts and would have if hadn't already just purchased one for my car.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234