Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kpozan View Post
    Rumor has it that the Palm "cooks" on the Touchstone. Is the heat an issue? How hot does it get after a night of charging? Isn't extreme head bad for the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jchroni1 View Post
    Extreme head is never bad for anything!
    Haha sweeeet. I blame the small keyboard on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    .... spelling errors.... they doom any thread. Please fix so that we don't have to go on a tangent.
    Done.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Here is a question about the Touchstone, or rather the battery door it comes with. Some people complain that it is loose - more so than the battery door that comes with the phone. Do any of you agree?
    Here is a question about the Touchstone, or rather the battery door it comes with. Some people complain that it is loose - more so than the battery door that comes with the phone. Do any of you agree?
    Actually, I noticed the other day that my touchstone back is starting to get a little loose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malefickus View Post
    I was on the fence about buying my Touchstone, but am very glad I spent the money on it. Being a truck driver, it is difficult to find a decent place other than the cupholder to put my phone. I've now got the Touchstone on top of my dashboard, and it makes a very handy place to set the Pre.

I've read about other people having the stone mounted at an angle to hold the Pre for a better viewing angle, but with how stiff a truck's suspension system is, I'm sure that the bumps would knock my phone off of it if it was set at any more of an angle than flat for me :P
    You would be suprised. I tested mine over my bed one day. I shook it pretty damn hard before it fell off.

I LOVE my touchstone. I have A2DP Bluetooth reciever on my stereo across my office and my palm sits on the TS and its just awesome streams the music right over. A call comes in, Just pick up and then put back down. The Back door of the pre feels alot better too.

You will Love it.

My only wish is that it came with its own power adapter, This would have made things easier when it comes to syncing music and files on the Pre so you dont have to unplug everything else just for the cable.

Oh and admit it people, Taking that damn side door off to plug the cable in is ANNOYING. And thats with sliding the keyboard down to make easier access.

Im glad I will never have to use the side door again to charge it.

$50 is WELL WORTH IT !
    If my post helped you, Please Thanks Me !
    -sYnOnYx-
    --Pre User--
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Anyone else having problems with the Touchstone battery door, specifically with regard to it being loose?
    Last edited by kpozan; 07/29/2009 at 08:36 AM.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I'm curious, so I'm posting again instead of just saying "bump." Oh, what the hell...bump!
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I'm curious, so I'm posting again instead of just saying "bump." Oh, what the hell...bump!
    Maybe the silence is everyone replying in the negative. Personally, no, the TS back is not loose at all on my Pre. It fits snugly and I've only taken it off once since the initial install back on June 6.

As to the thread title, is the TS worth it? I spent my Sprint rebate on a second TS so that should answer the question from my POV.
    - Fushigi
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrrrl View Post
    Oh, Yea....more then you know!!!! One at home, one at the office. Perfect.
    I love them both. Well worth the $ Especially given they cost about as much as many really forgettable restaurant meals...
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fushigi View Post
    Maybe the silence is everyone replying in the negative. Personally, no, the TS back is not loose at all on my Pre. It fits snugly and I've only taken it off once since the initial install back on June 6.

As to the thread title, is the TS worth it? I spent my Sprint rebate on a second TS so that should answer the question from my POV.
    That's good! I was giving it one more shot to see if people had missed the post or just chose not to reply because they weren't having any problems.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I love mine and wanting to get another for office. After reading these will need a third for the car! Just need a plug that will fit it! Will check out Newegg as in previous post (Thx!)
    I like it, its much better than having to deal with cables, but the dock I had for my Treo 650 was just as effective. Actually, in one regard the touchstone is less effective because I still have to muck with cables to connect it to my pc.
    I opted instead to purchase the Seidio Extended battery,

So far it lasts me the entire day 7:00a- 11:00p with 30-40 % left
    Love it. Have two now. One in the truck and one at home. The one in the truck uses the Sprint branded 12v plug. It fit real tight into the touchstone so it should not come out unless I want it to. Thinking of a third for work.
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    I have, in the past, been very selective about buying accessories since i don't tend to keep phones very long. That said, i can easily see myself keeping this one for a bit. A TS and an extended battery (once one becomes available that works w/ the TS) are likely in my future!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stratabeast View Post
    No. Just buy some micro usb cables. I am always around a wall plug or usb port. Charges faster and a whole lot cheaper.
    Incorrect. I've used the USB and the touchstone and the charge rate seems to be the same.

Personally, I have 2 touchstones (one at work and one on my nightstand). My wife got a Pre and we're getting another touchstone for her. We may get a 2nd one for her and one for the car by the end of the year. I love the touchstone.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I try not to think how much i paid for my touchstone and how i got my girlfriend's touchstone much cheaper on the precentral/SPE store.

i love the thing,

Problem is.....
    I still charge my phone at work with a cable, I am afraid someone would steal touchstone from my cubicle or screw with me and hide it cause I always go around showing how awesome my pre is.

Oh and to add to this. I have a smartphone horror story that really makes me feel happy with the touchstone.
    I broke my HTC Wizard 2 years ago because the USB port broke off the circuit board and into the phone(no Joke). And then i broke the warranty trying to fix it myself with a soldering gun.
    whatever floats your boat, buddy.
    I've heard that the touchstone adds to some of the heat issues that people are generally experiencing with the Pre. Is there any validity to that claim?
    Yes Yes and Hell Yes!

Touch Stones are a must, IMO!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    hey I really like it. The only thing I have that I have to get used to is that if I dont "cradle"the phone just right, the charging sound will beep and beep.... as if its trying to connect but its not set right.. All I do it just re-adjust and its good. Anyone have this "problem" (although its not a problem)
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast