Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yes, I think it's worth it. I bought one just to get the back cover, which I like much better than the factory smooth, glossy back cover. But I've discovered that I like the charger, too. Mine has worked perfectly with no problems. In fact, my Pre has worked perfectly with no problems since the day I got it. Am I lucky or what?
    I find it's worth it.. I had to buy 4 (luckily Amazon had an amazing deal on them). I have one for home, one at my work, one at my wife's work, and one in the car.. It's nice, don't have to worry about carrying cables, or trying to mess with the door. Plus it's at a good angle for viewing movies.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I bought the dual pack from palm, I have one at work and one at home. No wires to plug in, just set it down and it charges. I wish it connected to the computer using the touchstone, that would be the ultimate solution.

But I do love the touchstone.
    My Life with the Pre. http://theprelife.com
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    absolutely - positively

I have one for home and a second at work.

Not only is it extremely convenient for charging but it becomes a 'place' to put my Pre.

All I need to do is glance it from time to time and the great notifications does the rest!

Besides - I always know where it is!
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Rumor has it that the Palm "cooks" on the Touchstone. Is the heat an issue? How hot does it get after a night of charging? Isn't extreme heat bad for the phone?
    Last edited by kpozan; 07/28/2009 at 01:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpozan View Post
    Rumor has it that the Palm "cooks" on the Touchstone. Is the heat an issue? How hot does it get after a night of charging? Isn't extreme head bad for the phone?
    It has been warm a few times, but nothing at all to be concerned about. It is never hot to the touch, and thus nothing to worry about.
    touchstone rocks.i got two of them
    Quote Originally Posted by kpozan View Post
    Isn't extreme head bad for the phone?
    Extreme head is never bad for anything!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jchroni1 View Post
    Extreme head is never bad for anything!
    .... spelling errors.... they doom any thread. Please fix so that we don't have to go on a tangent.
    Just found out it does not ship micro usb to wall wire any recommendations on where i can get them cheap? Someone mentioned Kindle 2 charger works but there is ton of them on sale in amazon can someone point to a link they bought?
    I love my touchstone. I love the matte back and I love the convenience. I come home at night and throw my keys and wallet on the counter and toss the phone on the touchstone. In the mornings I grab and go with a full battery. If the phone rings while the phone is charging I just pick it up and go. I don't need to worry about accidentaly ripping a cord out of the wall.

I was on the fence regarding the touchstone, but now that I have it, I can't live without.

Also... I bought it from PreCentral. It came with no problem.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeez View Post
    Just found out it does not ship micro usb to wall wire any recommendations on where i can get them cheap? Someone mentioned Kindle 2 charger works but there is ton of them on sale in amazon can someone point to a link they bought?
    I got some cables at newegg (search for item 12-189-165). They work great with the Pre. $3 each plus shipping.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I love the touchstone. I went 3 weeks with the Pre before getting the touchstone. It's just way cool. Great way to keep battery topped up as li-ion's like. As was already mentioned, it doubles as a base, totally unobtrusive, notifications right there all the time. It holds the phone firmly enough that you can use the keyboard, but comes off easily when you pick it up. The matte back really gives the Pre a whole new feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter78 View Post
    I got some cables at newegg (search for item 12-189-165). They work great with the Pre. $3 each plus shipping.
    Thanks but can Touchstone be powered by a USB? Have not recieved mine yet.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Oh, Yea....more then you know!!!! One at home, one at the office. Perfect.
    hell yea no plug
    no opening the door for the socket
    too bad i am poor
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Got in on the best buy 2 for 1 deal. Wish i would have gotten 4 for 2 after seeing how awesome it is!

Yes!
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeez View Post
    Thanks but can Touchstone be powered by a USB? Have not recieved mine yet.
    No.
    Oh yes, yes, yes. I know its expensive, but you don't know what you're missing. Go ahead and buy the double pack if you're a moderate-heavy user. 1 for the house, 1 for work. You won't be sorry, that's a promise.

Or if you're like me and use it a lot in the car for pandora/mp3/navi, got to put one in the car.

Got mine mounted on my dash right next to my left a/c vent @ 70-85 degree angle w/all wires routed through dash.
    Just pop it down and plug in 3.5 stereo (b-tooth would be best prob) and I got a hands free phone qall my music/voice over Navi if needed. Don't have to look down any farther or longer than changing radio station.

Hell, I just typed thi while doing 90 down the freeway in a standard, while smoking a cig with the other hand while trying to drink a steaming cup of coffee .................oww.....sh%*#......-screeech/crash/Crunchinmetal.-----------Guess I should leave the multitasking to the PRE.
    I was on the fence about buying my Touchstone, but am very glad I spent the money on it. Being a truck driver, it is difficult to find a decent place other than the cupholder to put my phone. I've now got the Touchstone on top of my dashboard, and it makes a very handy place to set the Pre.

I've read about other people having the stone mounted at an angle to hold the Pre for a better viewing angle, but with how stiff a truck's suspension system is, I'm sure that the bumps would knock my phone off of it if it was set at any more of an angle than flat for me :P
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast