Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 60
  1.    #1  
    I know there is like a million screen protector threads but im looking for something specific. I had the Zagg and HATED it, way to sticky and it distorted the screen. I am looking for a screen protector that pretty much exactly like the original one that comes on the phone. I love how its very smooth and slippery. I still have mine of but it doesnt stick very well so its staring to fall off. I also would rather have one that doesnt rap around the edges of the phone, I think that looks cheesy. Looks like Phantom skinz in the closest to what I'm looking for. Are they slippery like the stock protector? Is there a better brand that has the things I mentioned?

    Thanks in advance.
  2. #2  
    Try Boxwave's Clear Touch Crystal.
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

    Check out JOHNfm streaming on your Pre @ http://johnfm.com/pre
    Levelbest's Pre Wallpapers
  3. jersey221's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    #3  
    you wont ever have the same feel to the screen if theres no screen protector it will always have a little grip but i use phantom skins and there is NO orange peel affect to it and it is way smoother than zagg i had zagg first and then got phantom skinz and phantom skinz are way better
  4. jerrykel's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #4  
    I bought the full screen mirror shield. Very smooth, except you can see all the smudges.
  5. #5  
    phantom skinz still distorts the screen clarity, at least in my experience, both of my phantom skinz had this horizontal rainbow effect going on, especially on white backgrounds.
  6. #6  
    Check out the Seidio Ultimate Screen Guard - a little hassle to get on "cleanly", but not glue, no wetting, not sticky. Closest thing to "the original one that comes on the phone" that I've seen...
  7. #7  
    I had Zagg IS and switched to Phantom. Huge difference. Looks and feels like the phone did before I put it on. I've been very satisfied after a week of hard use in Orlando theme parks and on the beach. It has exceeded my expectations but it does wrap the sides. I'm not bothered by any screen distortion and can't say I remember seeing any. Now, if I could just get a little more juice out of that battery.
  8. #8  
    I have phantom skinz and i work great for me, no orange peel, pretty smooth, semi-sticky but doesn't leave a residue, and adds some grip but not much more than the original film that came with the Pre.
  9. #9  
    where can we get the original ones that came with the pre?...im still rocking my original but it started developing a bubble recently...
  10. #10  
    I got the Invisible Shield from Best Buy and have the backing from the Touchstone that doesn't scratch and I couldn't be happier!
  11. #11  
    I think the absolute best (and pretty close to the original) is the Boxwave Clear Touch Crystal. NO distortion, can take off and reapply if you need to adjust, and looks and feels like nothing is there. Wipes off easily too as it does show fingerprints. But this IS a touchscreen so fingerprints are a given. They also tout being able to take it off, clean it, and put it back but I haven't needed to do that thus far. Anyway, best I've seen and tried.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by levelbest View Post
    Try Boxwave's Clear Touch Crystal.
    +1

    I've got one of these on my Touch Diamond and love it. I'm sure it's not as durable as the Invisible Shield stuff (mine's got a couple scratches you can see after 8 months of use, but still has held up great), but you can't tell it's there. Very smooth and very very clear (which doesn't help much with glare issues outside, but oh well). Also, I found it pretty easy to install. Though I never even touched my screen before putting it on (new phone). So I'm sure that helped.

    I'm actually thinking of ordering some boxwaves for the Pre even though I don't own one Thinking about getting my girlfriend one for her bday though and possibly one for myself soon! Want to make sure I'm prepared!
  13. #13  
    +1 on Boxwave crystal clear protectors.

    Have had one on my Touch Diamond for 8 months and it's held up great.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by levelbest View Post
    Try Boxwave's Clear Touch Crystal.
    Just ordered a 3 pack of these. Hope I like them...
  15. edlex's Avatar
    Posts
    657 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    #15  
    Just got my boxwave 3 pack yesterday. I'll let everyone know what they are like. Had a bad experience with the seidio usg so I hope these are better.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    Just got my boxwave 3 pack yesterday. I'll let everyone know what they are like. Had a bad experience with the seidio usg so I hope these are better.
    Yes, please let us know how you like them, especially coming off the USG. I find the USG horrible. And cannot wait to replace it with a better solution. I'm leary of 'Ghost' skins or any of the screen protectors that require liquid. I love that the boxwave protectors are removable/washable.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
  17. edlex's Avatar
    Posts
    657 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    Just got my boxwave 3 pack yesterday. I'll let everyone know what they are like. Had a bad experience with the seidio usg so I hope these are better.
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    Yes, please let us know how you like them, especially coming off the USG. I find the USG horrible. And cannot wait to replace it with a better solution. I'm leary of 'Ghost' skins or any of the screen protectors that require liquid. I love that the boxwave protectors are removable/washable.
    Ok so I just posted this in everythingpre so as I promised here it is.

    Ok so I just finished applying the Boxwave ClearTouch screen protector. Each one actually comes with 2 guards. One is larger and covers most of the face and circles both the lower button and the earpiece. The other is a bit smaller and covers the immediate screen area and while still circling the button it creates a "U" half way up on the earpiece. Now I already have the Seidio Innocase on the phone and was very hesitant to remove it since I've heard of horror stories regarding broken tabs so I tried an install with the case on. Began with the larger guard. went on very easy and found it very forgiving as far as removing and reapplying to get the right orientation. Got it perfectly centered in a few tries. Material went on smoothly and what few bubbles that appeared smoothes out easily as well. The problem was with the edges, particularly the top edge. Since I had opted to apply with the case on the guard is just a hair longer than the case. Since I had started positioning from the bottom the top was hitting the case by about 1mm overlap, maybe less. It was enough through to not allow the material to sit well. I tried to push under the case but what resulted was me kinking the material, my fault not boxwave's. If I had taken off the case I would have had no issues. Tried a second time (good thing I got the 3 pack) starting from the top but then had the same issue at the bottom. So then I tried the smaller guard and it went on perfect. It covers the immediate screen up to half way on the earpiece and complete gesture area but has a sufficient a gap to not interfere with the case. The material is just like it says, crystal clear and flawless. It has the same feel as the real screen and no interference with the gestures. The included cleaning cloth and small plastic squeegee/applicator was definitely a nice touch and both very usefull. I'm very satisfied with the results and would highly recommend. Let me know if you guys need any other info.
  18. #18  
    How does the boxwave screen protector apply? Is it glue on one side and you have to moisten it to apply or is it just peel and apply (like the stock one that came with the pre)? Thanks!
  19. boxwave's Avatar
    Posts
    202 Posts
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    Ok so I just posted this in everythingpre so as I promised here it is.

    Ok so I just finished applying the Boxwave ClearTouch screen protector. Each one actually comes with 2 guards. One is larger and covers most of the face and circles both the lower button and the earpiece. The other is a bit smaller and covers the immediate screen area and while still circling the button it creates a "U" half way up on the earpiece. Now I already have the Seidio Innocase on the phone and was very hesitant to remove it since I've heard of horror stories regarding broken tabs so I tried an install with the case on. Began with the larger guard. went on very easy and found it very forgiving as far as removing and reapplying to get the right orientation. Got it perfectly centered in a few tries. Material went on smoothly and what few bubbles that appeared smoothes out easily as well. The problem was with the edges, particularly the top edge. Since I had opted to apply with the case on the guard is just a hair longer than the case. Since I had started positioning from the bottom the top was hitting the case by about 1mm overlap, maybe less. It was enough through to not allow the material to sit well. I tried to push under the case but what resulted was me kinking the material, my fault not boxwave's. If I had taken off the case I would have had no issues. Tried a second time (good thing I got the 3 pack) starting from the top but then had the same issue at the bottom. So then I tried the smaller guard and it went on perfect. It covers the immediate screen up to half way on the earpiece and complete gesture area but has a sufficient a gap to not interfere with the case. The material is just like it says, crystal clear and flawless. It has the same feel as the real screen and no interference with the gestures. The included cleaning cloth and small plastic squeegee/applicator was definitely a nice touch and both very usefull. I'm very satisfied with the results and would highly recommend. Let me know if you guys need any other info.
    Glad to hear the cleartouch worked out for ya~
  20. edlex's Avatar
    Posts
    657 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by vutha View Post
    How does the boxwave screen protector apply? Is it glue on one side and you have to moisten it to apply or is it just peel and apply (like the stock one that came with the pre)? Thanks!
    It's like a static cling so it's just peel and apply.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions