Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayintoronto View Post
    Thanks Boxwave -- I ordered the Crystal protector this AM. Now I just have to get a Pre

Let me explain -- I'm still waiting for Bell to get back to me on a purchase issue. Because of the lack of accessory choices here in Canada, I decided to be prepared when I do get the Pre. The first thing I will do when I take it out of the box will be to put the screen protector on
    I'd test out your Pre before putting a screen protector on.. for at least a couple days. You dont want to put a screen protector on only to find out that your Pre is defected.

BTW, some good advice on putting on screen protectors the right way:

1. Be patient and take your time (I would dedicate around 7-12 mins)

2. Put it on in a CLEAN environment

3. If you get dust on the screen side, use SCOTCH TAPE to grab it off your screen protector

4. The instant you see a bubble, take push it out (with the applicator tool) before you continue to apply your screen protector.

5. Align the screen protector before you peel off the side that adheres to the screen

7. For the Pre, start by attaching the screen protector from side with the circle button and slowly let it attach its self as you move up to where the ear phone side is.

8. Not necessary (because a micro wipe is included) but I usually use a damp cloth to wipe the screen prior to installation.
    Hey boxwave, sort of off topic but do you plan on rolling out a screen protector for the tmobile Touch pro2 soon?
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deusofhearts View Post
    Hey boxwave, sort of off topic but do you plan on rolling out a screen protector for the tmobile Touch pro2 soon?
    Hi Hi,

Yes we will. Our design is finished and we should be getting them in in about 2 weeks...
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I had the Zagg invisible shield and didn't like it. I replaced it with one from wrapsol.com for the reasons below. Both were very similarly priced, and had similar warranties.

The Wrapsol one is more like a plastic sheet, which gives a much better feel for the gestures, whereas the Zagg is more rubbery feeling and more easily streched when applying. The Wrapsol has less orange peel, and was much easier to put on, although it has slighly less coverage at the corners, it doesn't have the little wrap around 'fingers' at the corners that the Zagg has, that tended to come unstuck and peel away.
    The Wrapsol was bubble free and ready to use almost immediately, wherease the Zagg had air bubbles that took a few days to fully disappear, and you are supposed to let it dry for 12 hrs or something before handling the device. The Wrapsol has a much better installation kit, for the pre: a squirt bottle of the application solution, a rubber squeegee, and a nice microfiber cloth, whereas the Zagg kit for the pre has a rubber sponge in a tear-open package of solution that you are supposed to use to wet the film instead of the more convenient squirt bottle, a 'credit card' type squeegee, and an inferior cloth.

When I put the Zagg on my textured touchstone back cover, it made the back look glossy. I haven't applied the Wrapsol back film yet, but it is supposed to be a satin finish which I would prefer. The Zagg did however give alot of grip to the pre, so you are less likely to have it slip out of your fingers, but it doesn't slide into a pocket as easily then. This may be true of the Wrapsol if I put the back film on too.

I have used the more conventional peel and stick screen protectors since the early days of palm organizers, on seven different devices. I followed the instructions exactly, and watched each of their instructional videos first, and found the wrapsol the easier to apply with much better results, and would recommend anyone looking for a screen protector check Wrapsol out first.
    Last edited by brentb; 09/16/2009 at 09:23 PM.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brentb View Post
    I had the Zagg invisible shield and didn't like it. I replaced it with one from wrapsol.com for the reasons below. Both were very similarly priced, and had similar warranties.
    The Wrapsol looks promising. So much so, I placed an order for the full coverage for my Pre.

I'll toss in a review after I get mine and have it installed.
    Deleted. Got answer
    Thanks -- very useful.

Any suggestions on functions I need to test. I know it's a newbie question, but this will be my first smartphone
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Just a followup, this Wrapsol still looks as good as the day I put it on, about 3 weeks ago now. It is actually a little smoother now too. No peeling edges as with the Zagg invisible shield I had on previously. I highly recommend the Wrapsol films.
    I've had my phantom skinz on for two weeks and love it. I made the move from an invisible shield. I let my pre stay naked for a week in between so I could tell any difference in feel from no protector to phantom skinz. I really didn't like the feel of the invisible shield. I really can't notice a difference in feel with the phantom skinz. It applied pretty easy (I'm ok with taking my time on something like this) compared to the invisible shield (maybe 20-25 minutes). I'm happy and would recommend phantom skinz over invisible shield at least. I don't really have experience with the other protectors mentioned (sorry).
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Just received and applied a BoxWave ClearTouch Crystal; very pleased. Easy to apply, feels great, good fit. I may try one of the anti-glares in the future but for now I would recommed the BoxWave to anyone.
    Based on replies here, I decided to purchase the Boxwave crystal protector.

Question. I have a rocketfish gunmetal case on it atm. will it apply easily to the screen w/o me having to take case off?

thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Boxwave with Rocketfish case;

I think you will have a heck of a time getting the Crystal on with the case on. Won't the Rocketfish case come off easily? I've got an Innocase that pretty much just pops off if a tiny bit of effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by SROJR View Post
    Boxwave with Rocketfish case;

I think you will have a heck of a time getting the Crystal on with the case on. Won't the Rocketfish case come off easily? I've got an Innocase that pretty much just pops off if a tiny bit of effort.

ok, cool. thanks. Tis what I thought. yeah, I will pop the front off, install the protector then but the cover back on
    just had a horrible experience with the skinomi techskin for the palm pre. I'd probably have the same experience with any of the liquid base skin protection...$15 down the drain man...Now I'll probably try the boxwave if anything, and I'll be purchasing a case as well.
    Static cling if you dont like the wet stuff!

ScreenGuardz is VERY good product IMO.
    Thanks for all the good info. Can anyone compare the Boxwave to the Wrapsol? I've read good stuff about both but I hear the Wrapsol front cover is a little thick.
    I also went and purchased a boxwave after reading this thread. I have 2 spots where light is leaking through the front of my case and it looks like the edge of this screen protector will sit right ontop of it and over it up. Well I hope it will at least if not its only really visible at night with the brightness more then half way up.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    As a side note, has anyone got any views on how susceptible a "naked" Pre screen is to scratches?
    Quote Originally Posted by adesonic View Post
    As a side note, has anyone got any views on how susceptible a "naked" Pre screen is to scratches?
    I left my original Pre naked and tried to be pretty careful about protecting it (didn't set it down on face, no keys/coins in pocket, used the pouch a lot) and after about 2 mos. there were dull areas of the screen were the plastic suffered lots of micro-scratches from normal wear and tear.

That Pre died when a battery short cooked the circuit board. I received a warranty replacement and have been using the Boxwave Cleartouch Crystal which does a great job but I'm having the "proximity sensor issue" and I'm not sure if it's due to the screen protector.

Does anyone else who is using the Boxwave protector have the problem where the screen goes blank during a phone call and won't come back on?
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toddmarg View Post
    I left my original Pre naked and tried to be pretty careful about protecting it (didn't set it down on face, no keys/coins in pocket, used the pouch a lot) and after about 2 mos. there were dull areas of the screen were the plastic suffered lots of micro-scratches from normal wear and tear.

That Pre died when a battery short cooked the circuit board. I received a warranty replacement and have been using the Boxwave Cleartouch Crystal which does a great job but I'm having the "proximity sensor issue" and I'm not sure if it's due to the screen protector.

Does anyone else who is using the Boxwave protector have the problem where the screen goes blank during a phone call and won't come back on?
    You should try calling someone under a study lamp to see if the screen stays on or not. Is your light sensor being covered? Also when you test call under the light, cover the ear speaker with your thumb. it should turn the screen off. I haven't had any issues. I'm curious to know if other people have though.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123