Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vutha View Post
    How does the boxwave screen protector apply? Is it glue on one side and you have to moisten it to apply or is it just peel and apply (like the stock one that came with the pre)? Thanks!
    Its a peal and apply type, no glue, water spray etc..
    sounds like a winner- thanks!
    What I want is an anti glare one like the DLO one made for the iphone. All the ones Ive tried so far that said "anti glare" were nothing but cheap crap that did nothing but make it worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxWave View Post
    Its a peal and apply type, no glue, water spray etc..
    Can you confirm if its static or sticky?
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vutha View Post
    Can you confirm if its static or sticky?
    Static definitely. No stickiness at all. As a matter of fact, I had to apply and lift and reapply a few times to get it just right and it never lost it's static cling.
    it's been a while... how are those of you with the boxwave cleartouch liking it now? i'm thinking of getting one for my pre as well and was wondering if the screen protector stays on the pre nicely or if it peels around the edges as you take the pre in and out of the sleeping bag, since it's just static that keeps the cleartouch on the pre? thx.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    it's been a while... how are those of you with the boxwave cleartouch liking it now? i'm thinking of getting one for my pre as well and was wondering if the screen protector stays on the pre nicely or if it peels around the edges as you take the pre in and out of the sleeping bag, since it's just static that keeps the cleartouch on the pre? thx.
    The Pre was tough to design a screen protector because of its curved surface.. We had a difficult time balancing between protecting the screen (making it larger) and aesthetics (edge peelings). Thatís why we now offer 2 versions (Crystal Only) of our screen protectors with every package. I have a Pre and Iím using the larger version on it and at first there were no lifts on the edges, after using it for about 3~ months it starting to lift ever so slightly.. But it doesnít bother me. I'm not talking about peeling to the point where it will fall off, i mean like razor thin lift. Iím a rep for BW but for what its worth, I always use our screen protectors: Anti-Glare on my DS, Crystal on my Centro that I replaced 3 times using the same screen protector, Crystal on my Pre that I replaced once using the same protector, my iPods etc..

I've attached an image of my pre, hope that helps!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Thanks, you just enforced my decision. I'll most likely be getting myself a pack in a few days.
    Why do you get 2 crystal protectors and only 1 anti-glare for the same price?

How much does the anti-glare deteriorate the clarity of the image on the Pre?

Thanks

Jay
    So it would seem that the Crystal maximizes clarity, while the anti-glare, in addition to the obvious, is less susceptible to fingerprints. I assume they both are equal in sensitivity in terms of gestures etc? Neither covers the non-screen side of the Pre. Do I have it right?
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I think I may try the Boxwave. I like what I have read so far about them. For what it's worth I will post my experience with different screen protectors.

I have the Invisable Shield (purchased from Best Buy), now this is the full wrap around kit that I purchased. We all know that it has to be wet as you apply it. Very similar if anyone has done any vinyl on vehicles. The screen protector is very very durable. The only thing that I have not like about it is the "clarity" (or we can call it vibrance of the images on the screen) is not quite the same as the standard (sold on the Pre) or the other screen protector I will tell you about. Also, I have found myself having to repeat touches on the screen from a lack of response. Other then that, it is a good overall screen protector. Especially if you are prone to dropping the phone, or putting into a pocket minus the little bag (so keys/zippers/etc are less likely to scratch the screen).

The second protector I purchased was actually my first (prior to the IS). I bought a 3 pack of screen protectors from the local Radio Shack for $10.00. They apply very easy (static) and cover the immediate screen area. Now the screen "clarity" (see abllove for how I explained what I mean by that) on these is exceptionaly good. It was as if you were looking at the screen without a protector. I decided to switch because I am very anal about the ear sweat and scratches that can happen to the top and bottom of the face of the Pre due to being exposed. My girlfriend still has this screen protecotr on her Pre and she really likes it (she also uses the Pre leather belt clip holster for it). Her screen is much brighter then mine as they next to one another (no difference in brightness settings).

Anyhow, like I said that's just my experience with screen protectors for the Pre. I really like the standard one that shipped with the Pre.

Jason
    Largely due to the comments in this forum I bought and applied the Boxwave Crystal to both my Pre and my daughter's Pre.

After a couple of weeks of use, I really can't imagine using anything else. I don't even know it's there.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayintoronto View Post
    So it would seem that the Crystal maximizes clarity, while the anti-glare, in addition to the obvious, is less susceptible to fingerprints. I assume they both are equal in sensitivity in terms of gestures etc? Neither covers the non-screen side of the Pre. Do I have it right?
    You got it right, crystal for clarity, anti-glare for less fingerprints/glare etc. Both are equally sensitive. And neither cover the back side of the Pre.

To answer you other question, The Anti-Glare only comes with one because the material we use to make the AG is thicker and different from the Crystal material. If we made a larger AG version the edges would lift unacceptably high.

I would really recommend getting a Crystal though, for one thing you get 2 in every package.. Incase you clunk one of them you can use the other one. Using the crystal also maintains the pres slick profile!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    just applied my Zagg IS and I pulled it right off and decided to return it for a refund. Not only was the installation a large pain in the ***, the wrinkles and bubbles were impossible to remove with the squeegee without almost breaking the screen. I am going to check out the Boxwave.
    I ended up getting

ScreenGuardz for Palm Pre - ScreenGuardz

I love them! For only $10 you can get enough for a year! I change mine every 2 months or so. No sticky orange peel or glue. I love it!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    THanks, I think I might order a boxwave today..
    Thanks Boxwave -- I ordered the Crystal protector this AM. Now I just have to get a Pre

Let me explain -- I'm still waiting for Bell to get back to me on a purchase issue. Because of the lack of accessory choices here in Canada, I decided to be prepared when I do get the Pre. The first thing I will do when I take it out of the box will be to put the screen protector on
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I'm so happy I bought the USG. I can't imagine what my screen would look like without it. I'm thinking of buying a few more.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    any one got a link to where some one can buy this boxwave?
    Agreed, I installed the Zagg a few days ago, and it's really bulky. I'm getting the orange peel effect and still have some micro bubbles in it. I just requested an RMA from Zagg and am going to try the Boxwave.

You can purchase at Amazon.com or boxwave.com...I bought it directly from Boxwave because shipping is about $1 cheaper than Amazon.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast