1.    #1  
    Which car chargers has the "best" success rate at working. At this point I dont care about price, I just want to buy one charger and have it work.

Does the stock palm one work? I also see there are 2 different SKU# for the palm charger. I know there is another thread.. no need to haggle me nick
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    The stock palm one works great.
    -mark
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    The stock palm one works great.
    -mark
    As long as you don't want to run pandora and gps. I gave up on the stock charger, but I miss that short usb cable.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    As long as you don't want to run pandora and gps. I gave up on the stock charger, but I miss that short usb cable.
    Did you get the one sold at Best Buy or the one sold from Precentral.net? There are two different models, and the one sold at Best Buy isnt as good as the newer model.

I just ordered two of the ones from Precentral.net.

But if you are looking for the best solution, then a Power Inverter and the stock Palm Travel charger would probably work best.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Did you get the one sold at Best Buy or the one sold from Precentral.net? There are two different models, and the one sold at Best Buy isnt as good as the newer model.

I just ordered two of the ones from Precentral.net.

But if you are looking for the best solution, then a Power Inverter and the stock Palm Travel charger would probably work best.
    I got mine from best buy and it is the same part number sold on palm's webstore, 3453ww. Did yours come with a small usb adapter cable?
    To answer the original question, the Palm 3453WW is the most reliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    I got mine from best buy and it is the same part number sold on palm's webstore, 3453ww. Did yours come with a small usb adapter cable?
    Yes, it comes w/ the same 2.5ft cable.

Lucky you! My local Best Buy's only have the older version.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    3453ww do not work in any of my cars.......................
    I use the OEM Palm 3453 / TS combo in all of my cars. It is the slickest setup ever. In all of my cars the Pre will charge with Pandora and GPS navi running. The only exception is when there is no Sprint coverage and I am roaming. When roaming will pretty much stay at an even charge level with Pandora and GPS running. All I have to do is listen to Mp3's instead for a few minutes and it will be back at 100%. Its not really a big deal like some around here would lead you to believe.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I have one of each part number and BOTH:

1) Charge my Pre in my Toyota Camry VERY slowly.
    2) Charge quickly in my Honda Accord. I can run Pandora and use Navigation and the phone still charges up.
    3) Charge quickly in my friend's Cadillac CTS.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by sbpooch View Post
    I have one of each part number and BOTH:

1) Charge my Pre in my Toyota Camry VERY slowly.
    2) Charge quickly in my Honda Accord. I can run Pandora and use Navigation and the phone still charges up.
    3) Charge quickly in my friend's Cadillac CTS.
    thats so wierd!