1.    #1  
    Hey folks!

I just picked up this thing but I don't have a clue how to load my contacts into the device (so I can get the text to speech going). Upon pairing it tells me it's transferring contacts, but after about 30 seconds it tells me it doesn't support auto transfer, and to refer to the manual.

There are 2 ways to do this.

1) Blackberry way - Doesn't help me

2) To select ALL your contacts and hit SEND via bluetooth....uhhh, don't have this option.

If there isn't a way to do this, then I guess I'll have to opt for the supertooth light.

HELP!!!

Al
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    I have a Supertooth 3 and when I paired my Pre to it, a window popped up on my Pre and asked me if I would allow a device to connect through bluetooth and transfer information.....it was actually surprising how easy it was.
    my pre couldnt transfer the contacts over neither, and the Pre doesnt have the option to transfer contacts manually neither. On the iphone, was not a problem. When a call comes in, the supertooth actually speaks out the name of the caller...but not on the Pre.

I wonder how Mal67 got his contacts transfered over.
    Make sure you're in the BT panel to get the prompt. I'm not familiar with that particular device, but there are a few ways some devices allow contacts to be transferred to them; PBAP, AT Phone Book, OPP.

Sounds like this device supports PBAP (Phone Book Access Profile) which the Pre supports.
    the Supertooth works with the Pre...but it doesnt speaks the actual name of the caller..it just speaks out the phone numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by bd5times View Post
    Make sure you're in the BT panel to get the prompt. I'm not familiar with that particular device, but there are a few ways some devices allow contacts to be transferred to them; PBAP, AT Phone Book, OPP.

Sounds like this device supports PBAP (Phone Book Access Profile) which the Pre supports.

If I remember correctly, I was still on the bluetooth screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal67 View Post
    If I remember correctly, I was still on the bluetooth screen.
    Try removing the device from the trusted device list on the Pre then repair and wait a moment for the dialog box. If it doesn't appear, you may not have the latest greatest from the headset vendor if it supports PBAP.