Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    My BT Headset - a BlueAnt Z9i has to be manually reconnected anytime it goes out of range - so that when it is back w/in range I have to press the BT icon and do a manual reconnect. (is this how it is supposed to work?)

Regardless - anyone know of a shortcut to do the reconnect... ?
    Same headset here- it works fine on my HTC Mogul but if I turn it off after paring it with the PRE, and then turn it back on later, it does not reconnect. I have to remember to hold the power button till it blinks blue- paring mode, then hit the top right of the PRE screen and choose bt to have it rediscover it. Crap. Biggest issue I have with the PRE at this point and I am about to just throw in the towel on the Z9 and get something else.
    I have to do the same manual reconnect with the same cheap BT set I have. Insomething. Infinity or In???
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    So it seems that this is an issue with the Blue Tooth HEadset not the PRe.

I really like the Z9i - for the money it was a great headset but if other BT headsets are working fine and reconnect with no problem - then it will have to go back.

I'm looking for great voice quality with superior noise reduction as my #1 feature.

Any experience with the BlueAnt Q1? I am seeing that there is a severe battery life issue with the PRe. WOnder if it has the same reconnect issue.

Lots of love for the Voyager headset - just don't like the size of it.

Tzvia - how did you like the Z9i for voice quality?
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Have you tried the Jabra BT8040? Cant beat it for $14.99 on Amazon. Works great for me.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I've had the same issue with my Jabra BT530. Didn't have that problem with my Centro, so not sure I'd say it's the headset.
    luigidk-I like the Z9i- the sound quality is fine, that's what ticks me off here, I want it to work like it does on my Mogul. For grins, I grabbed my old Motorola headset (the one that folds closed) and pared it. I then opened and closed it, waiting some time between, and it pared again no problem so it looks like some sort of compatibility issue with the BA vs the PRE. I can't blame the Z9i all by itself, as it works fine on the Mogul. They just don't like each other.
    Same here - I thought I had something setup wrong. Randomly it will connect after going through a series of beeps for about 30 seconds. I have a Plantronics 855 and started using it because of the z9i reconnect issues.
    I didn't have any problems with the Z9i until the update. Now I'm getting the same as everyone else. I need to restart the ear peice and the phone to make it work properly. Blue Ant needs to update their frimware to fix this.
    I haven't had any issue with reconnections on the z9i. what i do notice is that after i walk away from the Pre, the z9i beeps for 20-30 seconds, telling me to get back in range. When it stops beeping i can either tap the button to repair (since voice commands don't work), or just wait till i get a call and it will reconnect.