Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have an 08 nissan sentra and have no problems with bluetooth.. Sound quality is great.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    There is a viable workaround. It isn't great, but at least its survivable until they fix this. I have a 2008 G35x.

Take/make your call over bluetooth. (Static and all). Then on the car screen, hit the "Use handset" button to take it off the blue tooth. Then hit the Phone icon button on your steering wheel and it will put it back on bluetooth. There on in it seems the call works fine.

Unfortunately you have to repeat this for every call but at least its usable.
    Mark F Chinsky
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo10x View Post
    I just tried it on my 2007 Infiniti G35 and I did not hear any improvement from before; still in and out and filled with static. I really hope this gets resolved soon so I can stop using my ear piece.
    Have you tried doing the G35/Infiniti hack to get into the servicer system controls? If you do that, force a reset and see if your static goes aways while the system is resetting.... have you tried another headset in the car while the system is on?

I had a G37 with the same basic system and it caused all kinds of problems with static interference on my headsets... it was fine in the bluetooth hands free mode, but it sounds like a similar issue.. turns out the car is NOT very well RF (radio frequency) shielded and that is likely your problem or a contributing factor... have you held the Pre right next to the head unit to see if you can change how much static you get?

Lee
    Lee Ladisky
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    At first I thought it was a signal power or antenna problem. However, the fact that you can take the phone off bluetooth speaker, put it back on and then everything sounds perfect (until the next call) tells you it's not an analog issue. Pure handshaking/compatibility problem here.
    Mark F Chinsky
    have 2009 g37x, no navi. sound quality is great but need to disable then re-enable bluetooth everytime to pair phone with car.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I have an 06 Infiniti M35, and have no problems at all.
    I have a 2008 Maxima - sound quality is fine. My problem is this: if I'm using the bluetooth in the car and then turn the car off, which switches it back to the handset it works great. But the next time I make a call, the phone thinks that it is still paired to the Bluetooth and routes the audio through the BT even though I'm nowhere near my car. I also have pairing issues where I have to disable then reenable the bluetooth on the phone to get it to pair with my vehicle. I've tried almost every sprint phone in my car and never have I had trouble with BT. I've tried Blackberry (8830, 8330 and the Tour), Palm Treo 700wx and 800w, Palm Treo 755p, HTC Touch Pro and none have had problems. This is a little bit frustrating and I'm contemplating returning the phone because of this reason.
    Bluetooth has had issues in G37's. This was the case before the Pre was ever released. Go over to the g37 forums and check. Center speaker problems/static. Side speaker bluetooth static issues. What's more, the 2010 G37's will have an enhanced Nav unit interface. Hopefully they'll correct some of the BT issues/limitations from the previous two years.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DKatman View Post
    That is a bummer, but for sake of others who will read this thread, I have never had any issues with Pairing the Pre and using it with my 2006 Infiniti G35. It works well. I do hope they can fix your issues. You all have awesome phones and cars.

I read there were questions about packages in the other thread. I have the NAV/BOSE combo for my 2006.

Good Luck,
    Dave
    Yeah it looks like they must have changed Bluetooth implementaions in the 2007+ model year as my 07 Altima has that issue with alot of phones. I don't know if it is structly with Nissan/Infiniti and cars with a Nav or if it happens in cars wiothout nav as well. But obviously it can be fixed as I have searched a bunch and the LG Dare had that issue until they fixed it in their Bluetooth implementation.

It will be easier for Palm to fix it as I doubt Nissan/Infiniti can do anything unless they replace the part in your ncar.

Lets hope it happens... otherwise I may unfortunately have to wait it out or go to an iPhone (ugh!)....
    2007 Maxima, no issues here luckily
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchman71 View Post
    2007 Maxima, no issues here luckily
    Is it with or without nav?
    Without
    That is probably why.. I'd bet most issues are when the Nissan or Infiniti has a Nav...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12