Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    So now I'm getting the charging tone going on and off. I've noticed that it happens after the phone has been charging for a bit and the back gets warmer. I figure the back of the case expands slightly in the heat and the phone loses contact for a second. Anybody have any ideas? I really love the case but it's constantly dinging after a while on the TS.
    Mine has been sticking to the touchstone better than I expected from what I've been reading. I left it on all night, no problem. Email seidio.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    Mine has been sticking to the touchstone better than I expected from what I've been reading. I left it on all night, no problem. Email seidio.
    Yea I've had mine for a week now and at first I had no issues but since yesterday morning it is non stop dinging once it's been on for a while. Weird.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Ok so I tried turning off phone and placing on the TS while it's off. Phone restarted and so far no dinging. Been about 20 min and so far so good. I'll report back with an update.

Update: Well it went an hour without dinging but now it started again. Anyone else?
    Last edited by edlex; 07/24/2009 at 11:51 AM.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I've had the Innocase for three days. The first two days were great, but today it's started having trouble staying connected to the Touchstone. The Pre keeps reminding me that it's "Charging Battery," which means that it's reconnecting to charge after having lost a connection temporarily.

It is getting a little annoying, but I'm going to keep looking for a solution. I like the case itself a lot.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    So now I'm getting the charging tone going on and off. I've noticed that it happens after the phone has been charging for a bit and the back gets warmer. I figure the back of the case expands slightly in the heat and the phone loses contact for a second. Anybody have any ideas? I really love the case but it's constantly dinging after a while on the TS.
    I installed my Innocase last Friday and my Pre has been on the touchstone every night. Last night (Thu) it developed similar symptoms and it's doing it again tonight. Soon after I place it on the TS, it begins to cycle on and off "every few minutes" (I didn't time it). I eventually went to sleep and my phone is charged in the morning.

Any thoughts on what this means? Is this due to the Innocase, TS, and/or battery? Or something else? I'm considering removing the case and exposing the full TS back for tonight's charging but would like some other thoughts, too.
    Last edited by RaleighPalm; 08/08/2009 at 09:34 AM.
    Like I said, I have not had this problem yet with my innocase (knock on wood). I did suffer from the bottom right corner popping off the front piece and Seidio sent me a replacement. I will install it this weekend and see if it suffers any of these symptoms.
    Same problem here.
    I routed the back of the Innocase out with my Dremel so that it could clip securely onto the TS I mounted in my car. I cut out a circle exactly the size of the TS and at the point of greatest magnetic hold. I was having the same problem with my TS at home as you guys are discussing in this thread. Since I modded the case I haven't had any further problems. The case still feels and looks great and now the hold with the TS is even better, both in the car and at home: it's even stronger than without the Innocase on. I believe that the sides of the case are holding the Pre steady at the best magnetic and charging point, so it's not shifting at all, even when it heats up a little bit. I don't know why Seidio didn't fabricate the cases like this to begin with.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by s1374537 View Post
    I routed the back of the Innocase out with my Dremel so that it could clip securely onto the TS I mounted in my car. I cut out a circle exactly the size of the TS and at the point of greatest magnetic hold. I was having the same problem with my TS at home as you guys are discussing in this thread. Since I modded the case I haven't had any further problems. The case still feels and looks great and now the hold with the TS is even better, both in the car and at home: it's even stronger than without the Innocase on. I believe that the sides of the case are holding the Pre steady at the best magnetic and charging point, so it's not shifting at all, even when it heats up a little bit. I don't know why Seidio didn't fabricate the cases like this to begin with.
    Awesome work, man. Is that also a "Buddy Jesus" on your car, too?

I was thinking of trying the same thing. Two questions:

1. What size dremel did you use? I was wondering what kind of clearance to leave between the touchstone footprint and the opening.

2. How difficult was it to machine out? I had doubts about reliably routing out the hole since the plastic seemed pretty brittle, and the whole back is curved. How did the finish look on the cut-out edge?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Wow, that's impressive. I wondered whether doing something similar might work.

I have a new Innocase on the way that I'm exchanging for my current one. The one I have keeps losing its connection to the Touchstone. I hope the second one works more consistently.
    I routed the back of the Innocase out with my Dremel so that it could clip securely onto the TS I mounted in my car.
    What's the point of even having what's left of the case on the rear of the phone? Over half of it is cut out.

The case still feels and looks great
    No offense, but that won't win any beauty contests. Have you thought about some type of invisible skin or bodyguardz on the rear cover?
    Last edited by Trekker; 08/08/2009 at 02:27 PM.
    I, too, have been struggling with the Innocase and the Touchstone. For me, it's all about finding the sweet spot, which others have noted. The news here is I have discovered that I get very good results with the Innocased Pre sitting horizontally on the Touchstone.
    I tried my replacement case that seidio has sent and it works just as well with the TS. I don't have any troubles other than finding that "sweet spot ("that's what she said"), so if some of you are having serious issues then contact seidio for a replacement. Their customer service is excellent.
    I just finally returned mine. I like Seidio too.......but come on! Test before you release and this blog wouldn't be here..............hmm maybe palm should have done this and this site would be so much smaller........maybe just exchanging niceties.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Been using the Seidio innocase and touchstone for one week, i place my phone on the touchstone everynight and I've had no problems...
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Just received the case today. It looks and feels great but it does not work well with the touchstone at all. Even when I am able to get it to charge consistently, only a slight jarring can make it slide off. I'm going to have to send it back
    I am experiencing a rather twitchy charge connectivity to the touchstone I have at home with the new Innocase I received much like others have been observing. I also have a touchstone at work and two friends who also got the case. After experimenting enough with the three Pres and two touchstones, I have come to the conclusion that the one touchstone is the culprit somehow. All three phones pick up and charge in any orientation without hardly any fuss. The one touchstone however is almost impossible to get to charge in any other orientation other than upright (which still even takes a fair amount of fidgeting).
    Quote Originally Posted by maskedferret View Post
    I am experiencing a rather twitchy charge connectivity to the touchstone I have at home with the new Innocase I received much like others have been observing. I also have a touchstone at work and two friends who also got the case. After experimenting enough with the three Pres and two touchstones, I have come to the conclusion that the one touchstone is the culprit somehow. All three phones pick up and charge in any orientation without hardly any fuss. The one touchstone however is almost impossible to get to charge in any other orientation other than upright (which still even takes a fair amount of fidgeting).
    Does the problematic TS work properly without the innocase? I have no problem charging my pre w/out the innocase. Once the innocase is on, I can't get any charge whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzo View Post
    Does the problematic TS work properly without the innocase? I have no problem charging my pre w/out the innocase. Once the innocase is on, I can't get any charge whatsoever.
    Yes. As far as I knew beforehand, there was(is) never a problem with the one that dislikes the Innocase. I seem to be able to get it to charge now with a little less fussing about, but it is still rather sensitive to its position. (still only works upright) I would guess its "sweet spot" is very minuscule compared to the other touchstone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast