Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by maskedferret View Post
    Yes. As far as I knew beforehand, there was(is) never a problem with the one that dislikes the Innocase. I seem to be able to get it to charge now with a little less fussing about, but it is still rather sensitive to its position. (still only works upright)
    Thanks for the info. I'm debating whether or not I should exhange my TS now or if it's worth it for that matter. I'm still waiting for my replacement innocase to see if it would make any difference but I'm not getting my hopes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaleighPalm View Post
    I installed my Innocase last Friday and my Pre has been on the touchstone every night. Last night (Thu) it developed similar symptoms and it's doing it again tonight. Soon after I place it on the TS, it begins to cycle on and off "every few minutes" (I didn't time it). I eventually went to sleep and my phone is charged in the morning.

Any thoughts on what this means? Is this due to the Innocase, TS, and/or battery? Or something else? I'm considering removing the case and exposing the full TS back for tonight's charging but would like some other thoughts, too.
    I am having this same problem with a genuine Palm touchstone case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin00 View Post
    I am having this same problem with a genuine Palm touchstone case.
    "Genuine Palm Touchstone Case" What case are you talking about m8??? As far as I thought the Seidio case was the only one that worked(sometimes) with the TS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    What's the point of even having what's left of the case on the rear of the phone? Over half of it is cut out.

No offense, but that won't win any beauty contests. Have you thought about some type of invisible skin or bodyguardz on the rear cover?
    Trekker, the point is to protect the sides of the Pre, which are the most vulnerable point. The Innocase also reduces the "Oreo effect"... the phone feels much sturdier. Finally, the new edges created by the routed out Innocase actually improve its grip to the Touchstone by easily and quickly guiding it to the "sweetspot" or point of greatest magnetic attraction, which is where I routed out the back.

draven76, I actually used a few different bits on a flexible Dremel shaft. I started with my finest cutting bit to start the cut, which I had marked out in pencil. The Innocase plastic is actually very sturdy and resistant and after several passes I switched to a round cutting bit. After several more passes I finally cut through and then switched to a sanding bit to smooth out the sides and add a bevel. I left a VERY smooth edge all around and the finish looks great. The footprint is exactly that of the TS and its working great, both at home and in my custom car mount.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s1374537 View Post
    I routed the back of the Innocase out with my Dremel so that it could clip securely onto the TS I mounted in my car. I cut out a circle exactly the size of the TS and at the point of greatest magnetic hold. I was having the same problem with my TS at home as you guys are discussing in this thread. Since I modded the case I haven't had any further problems. The case still feels and looks great and now the hold with the TS is even better, both in the car and at home: it's even stronger than without the Innocase on. I believe that the sides of the case are holding the Pre steady at the best magnetic and charging point, so it's not shifting at all, even when it heats up a little bit. I don't know why Seidio didn't fabricate the cases like this to begin with.
    That is a bit overkill in modifying your case, your not winning points on presentation but hey, whatever floats your boat buddy.
    whatever floats your boat, buddy.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I'm close to concluding that this just isn't the right case for me. I love the look, the weight and the feel of the case, but I cannot get it to consistently work with the Touchstone.

I received a replacement case yesterday, and it was only a few hours before the new case started having trouble connecting with the Touchstone. I have two Touchstones, and both of them use Palm OEM chargers to supply a charge.

The past few days before receiving this replacement case, I had been using my Pre without the Innocase for the first time in about two weeks. I was amazed at how easily and consistently the Pre connected (and stayed connected) to both of my Touchstones. I had forgotten how well it works when the Innocase is not involved.

I really wish the Innocase worked well with the Touchstone because I'd like to keep using it, but that just hasn't been my experience despite trying to make it work. I'm tired of checking to make sure it's connected and of having the Pre wake me up overnight when it suddenly reconnects and makes a sound to tell me about it.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I had the same problem. This case just wont work on touchstone. This sucks becasue I love the case and I love Touchstone. It works till it charges to 100% but then it cycles on and off and everntuall stops charging. I took the case off and the touchstone works flawlessly. The case just doesnt work with touchstone like it should.
    Have you guys considered taking the magnets out of the touchstone Pre back and putting them inside the back of the innocase. Some folks on this forum have done so with success. I'll add a link if I can find the thread...

Edit: link...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html
    Last edited by alan7467; 09/15/2009 at 11:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob13 View Post
    I'm close to concluding that this just isn't the right case for me. I love the look, the weight and the feel of the case, but I cannot get it to consistently work with the Touchstone.

I received a replacement case yesterday, and it was only a few hours before the new case started having trouble connecting with the Touchstone. I have two Touchstones, and both of them use Palm OEM chargers to supply a charge.

The past few days before receiving this replacement case, I had been using my Pre without the Innocase for the first time in about two weeks. I was amazed at how easily and consistently the Pre connected (and stayed connected) to both of my Touchstones. I had forgotten how well it works when the Innocase is not involved.

I really wish the Innocase worked well with the Touchstone because I'd like to keep using it, but that just hasn't been my experience despite trying to make it work. I'm tired of checking to make sure it's connected and of having the Pre wake me up overnight when it suddenly reconnects and makes a sound to tell me about it.

I agree with you...this is such a disappointment. I can't put the Pre on the touchstone at night because the "ding" sound will wake me up in the middle of the night.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12