Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    You know eventually they're going to come out with a Touchstone that just plugs directly into your car. I mean, the technology is pretty much MADE for that.

So what do you think, is it worth trying to make one on my own, or just bite the bullet and wait for an official version?
    Quote Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
    You know eventually they're going to come out with a Touchstone that just plugs directly into your car. I mean, the technology is pretty much MADE for that.

So what do you think, is it worth trying to make one on my own, or just bite the bullet and wait for an official version?
    I'm going to make my own. Considering that I already have a Proclip mount, it will only take me finding the right charger. You should take a gander at the Thread in this forum that has has many people showing their Touchstone-in-car setups to get an idea.
    I have a proclips mount too. I wonder if Proclips would built a Touchstone-like holder for the Pre.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    What I would really like is a Touchstone that plugs directly into the power outlet in my car. No cables, no brackets... nothing. That would kick serious ***!
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I have a proclips mount too. I wonder if Proclips would built a Touchstone-like holder for the Pre.
    You don't need a holder at all. Just use the ProClip car-mount portion and stick a Touchstone directly to that. Check out this thread and scroll to post #17 for pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
    What I would really like is a Touchstone that plugs directly into the power outlet in my car. No cables, no brackets... nothing. That would kick serious ***!

I do that now using the touchstone dock and the Palm OEM car charger! I also use the proclip car mount to attach the touchstone...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    I do that now using the touchstone dock and the Palm OEM car charger! I also use the proclip car mount to attach the touchstone...

Do you have a picture in the thread?