Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Hi, I just installed a phantom skin, and I noticed I have lots of white specs in the upper right. It's not dust since I wiped all that off beforehand. Are these just little bubbles that go away or do I have to reinstall?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    That looks like dust to me.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gerard187 View Post
    That looks like dust to me.
    How is that possible? The screen was perfect right beforehand, and the skin was drenched in water...
    I have phanton skinz and when i installed it i have no bubbles what so ever. I put a drop of soap in a bowl with 1cup of warm water and the soap allows you to easily reposition the skinz. I use my thumbs to remove the water bubbles instead of the card, so I would not get any scratches or grooves in the skinz.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    When you say you just installed it do you mean within the last couple of hours? I remember when I installed mine I had something similar but by the time I woke up the next morning it was gone.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Yeah 2 hours ago
    That doesnt look like like dust, but little bubbles
    give it a day and see if it starts to disappear, if it does, then you'll be on your way

=)
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I let it set overnight, and it didn't look like it got much better. I have it sitting at home now while I'm at work. I'm hoping they go away by then...
    I had something very similar. When you have the display on does it cause a diffusion effect? I gave it a week, and it did not go away, so I removed the skin, and there was some kinda residue on the screen that had caused the effect. I'm not sure what it was, as I went ahead and put the additional skin they gave me on, and it looks great now. Follow the instructions verbatim, but add a drop of Johnson's baby wash to the water, as that is the one thing I did different from one install to the other.

Cheers
    Dan
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I believe those specs are actually fingerprints. I just took off the skin and installed the second one that comes with it. The fingerprints are still on it! On the new one I also have lines because I think I stretched it a little...I washed my hands thoroughly before doing this. Why do I still have fingerprints?
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Those specks usually mean that not enough water was on the protector when you put it on. About 15 minutes after I put mine on, I noticed those same specks. I carefully removed the skin and started over leaving a little more water on the skin when I laid it on and then pushing out the excess out from the center and it came out perfectly clear.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    i had those same specks. I was freaking out as well but after maybe 15 hrs, I just used that application card and ran it over the screen a few times and they went away..
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Thanks for the help guys. Here's what it looks like after about 16 hours. You can see the lines from stretching it, but I hope it won't be too noticeable when I turn it on. Also, will those bubbles on the edge come out?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don't know what that is from the pictures. Best thing to do is to wait at least 2-3 days for a difference before deciding to take it off. My first skin went on flawlessly but the skin iteself arrived with a defect which is starting to annoy me.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Yea, mine looked exactly like that. They all went away but it definitely didn't take 3 days.
    I don't know what the white streaks are, but the tiny white specks are bubbles I believe. I had them when I first applied mine, but they seem to be disasppearing. It seems like the more water you use, the more you will get and the longer they will take to disappear.

My friend used less water and most of his disappeared over night.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Question:

Mine settled in perfectly but I missed a small piece of lint or something and it's right in middle on the side where you scroll up and down and I can feel it. The instructions for removing requires heating it up with a hair dryer. Can I safely lift up that section, re-moisten, and reattach??? Has anyone tried this?

Also, I got two horizontal scratch lines on the Phantom Skin and when the background is a light color it looks like lines of grey to white frozen pixels. Don't they gaurantee that from scratches? I bought the 'two front pieces' pack and completely scratched the first one with the application card it came with! TIP: cover the app card with a lint free cloth while squeezing out bubbles and water.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Mine had fingerprints. I was going to take it off and put the other one on, but by the time i made that decision, my 7 month old had ruined the unused one. The fingerprints are barely noticeable, but they still suck
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Mine has these same "specks" or whatever they are. It's only been about 5 hours. The "diffusion" effect is definitely getting better, as when the screen is turned on it looks clear. It's only when the screen is off that I see these specks.

Hopefully they go away overnight or in a couple days.