1.    #1  
    I ordered a retractable Cellet USB cable. It came today, and everytime I plug it in, I get USB drive not recognized. Has anyone use this cable with success. It will charge, just won't do the data thing. Any ideas or help?

Thanks
    Last edited by lilmexx323; 07/23/2009 at 12:17 PM.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    USD?

I have an aftermarket cord + charging combo kit and it will only charge on those cables as well.
  3.    #3  
    Anyone care to recommend a cable that will work for charge/data. This one said that it would, but it does not.... I guess I can just get a regular USB cable and use that. I like the retractable ones, but I guess I have to go with what works.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    I have the same one for work....I will check in a few hours and get back to you. I know it works great charging when I need a battery boost.
    I have a microusb cable that came with a Samsung rant. I use it as a spare. It works to charge the Pre, but for some reason, when I went to root the Pre, it would not work until I switched to the OEM USB cable.

Another similar situation is when I use the car charger I bought off Ebay. It is a Sprint cable, but not necessarily a Pre cable, although it was sold as compatible with Pre. It has a microusb connector. When I plug in the Pre, sometimes the Pre charges and sometimes it does not. I can unplug and plug it back in 10 times, but it is still not charging, and then, an hour later, I come back to the car, and I plug it in and it is charging. Very weird.
    I ordered the same Cellet Retractable MicroUSB cable and I had the same problem. Only charges with charger. USB device not recognized on a computer and does not get enough juice to actually charge. My vendor insisted on sending me another one and now I have 2 essentially useless cables.
    Has anybody found a retractable one that does work?

I have the same problem with cellnet --- it charges (maybe), but definitely is not useful for a data connection.
    Got my Cellet Retractable and it wouldn't work so onto the intrawebs to see who else brought this POS. Buyer beware. Lets see how many hoops ill need to jump throught in order to get an RMA.
    I have one that works. i'ts Amzer labeled. I got it from amazon. Amazon.com: Amzer Micro USB Retractable Data Cable (Black): Cell Phones & Service

works perfectly..for usb sync, charge etc..
    I have a Seidio dual head retractable sync and charge cable and haven't had any problems. As a newbie to this forum I'm not allowed to post the link, but you can find it easily enough at seidioonline.com ...
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I have only seen Cellet make cellular charging accessories if I recall correctly. Probably it does all it was intended to do, which was to be a retractable USB charging solution and not a sync/charge cable
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Guys... I bought this for $3.94 shipped. It works. data and charging.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Micro-USB-Retrac...d=p3286.c0.m14
    Last edited by Arclight; 08/05/2009 at 07:07 AM.
  13.    #13  
    I just ordered the ebay one for $3.94. I will let you know my results when it gets here.
    Arclight all the advertising for the Cellet states "USB SYNC & CHARGE" it does neither. Battery stays the same it doesn't drain with the cable plugged in but it doesn't charge either. Hope this will help forum members choose another product.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Well that sucks then. If you have a voltmeter you can check to see if USB pins 2 and 3 are shorted / have continuity - that would be a dead giveaway it's intended to be a charger only and either mislabeled, mismanufactured, or whatever.
    Looks like this site (precentral) actually sells two different kinds:

http://store.precentral.net/palm-pre...-solutions.htm

Have not tried either yet.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Romain Kang View Post
    I have a Seidio dual head retractable sync and charge cable and haven't had any problems. As a newbie to this forum I'm not allowed to post the link, but you can find it easily enough at seidioonline.com ...
    I have the same dual head one, works great
    whatever floats your boat, buddy.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmexx323 View Post
    I just ordered the ebay one for $3.94. I will let you know my results when it gets here.
    Did you receive yours yet?
  19.    #19  
    Yes, sorry I did.. I meant to try it for a few days to make sure it did everything I needed it to... But I forgot to come back and share... It works great. I think it is actually better than the palm original..lol.