1.    #1  
    I've searched and read all over the place and I still feel I need more information to make a good decision on getting stereo over bluetooth into the aux input on the factory radio in my car... so I'm starting a new thread! yay?

I JUST want to stream music to my car... I'm not looking to hands free call anyone or even control my phone remotely. I want the best quality I can get over A2DP specifically. I do not want to use an FM transmitter, I'll be using an auxiliary input.

Any recommendations? Successes?

I see one person has had good luck with the LG HFB-500 hands free kit ... I was hoping to get something that might be meant to do A2DP better since it didn't worry about the other features.

Bonus question: Does anyone know why some BT devices show on the Pre with a car icon and some show with a pair of headphones as an icon? My Sony DR-BT21G headphones show as a car, but my MOTOROKR S305 headphones showed as headphones. The Sony set has far superior sound quality, so I'm wondering if the icon might indicate higher BT bandwidth or something. I'm new to bluetooth!

Thanks in advance!
    Was checking yesterday myself. They are called blue-tooth gateways. This one was designed for a blackberry, but is supposed to work well with any A2DP device. Pretty reasonable from 40 to 50 bucks. Plugs into mini-stereo input jack.

Amazon.com: BlackBerry Remote Stereo Bluetooth Gateway for BlackBerry 8100, 8110, 8120, 8130, 8300, 8310, 8320, 8330, 8800, 8820, 8830, 9000 (Black): Cell Phones & Service
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
    Quote Originally Posted by brett.g View Post
    Bonus question: Does anyone know why some BT devices show on the Pre with a car icon and some show with a pair of headphones as an icon? My Sony DR-BT21G headphones show as a car, but my MOTOROKR S305 headphones showed as headphones. The Sony set has far superior sound quality, so I'm wondering if the icon might indicate higher BT bandwidth or something. I'm new to bluetooth!
    I think the car icon designates the hands free profile and the headphones designates the A2DP profile.
    If your device supports both then you will see both icons on there.

HTH
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by showson1 View Post
    I think the car icon designates the hands free profile and the headphones designates the A2DP profile.
    If your device supports both then you will see both icons on there.

HTH
    On my Sony's, I get a little grey car icon to the left of the model number, and then there's a music symbol and handset image to the right to indicate A2DP and hands free... I'm assuming.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

I think I'm going to try the Motorala DC800 first since they can be had for cheap on eBay. I'm hoping that JUST being an audio gateway will give it more bandwidth or something magical like that!
  5. skp
    Isn't the Motorola DC800 just a transmitter? I was just looking for something like this for my car and came across the Sony Two-Way Bluetooth Adapter. It acts as a receiver and transmitter. Pair that with a Sony DCC-E345 Car DC Adapter and you're set (I read there's interference with some other adapters). You can find both on Amazon. $55.99 w/ free shipping for the Bluetooth adapter and $5.50 shipped for the car adapter (tax not included).