Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    I know there are stereos that I can buy after market that can stream music from my Pre through my cars speakers, but is there a way to stream music through my speakers on my stock stereo in my BMW 335xi (2008)? I am pretty sure my car doesn't support AD2P but I am able to bluetooth my calls through my car obv.

I have an AUX jack and I was thinking if there was a AD2P receptor that I could hook up to my AUX jack and then stream my music from my phone through the AD2P adapter in to my AUX jack I may be able to cut the last cord in my car (I have a Touchstone in there already).

Thoughts?
    You could get something like this: DealExtreme: $17.09 Bluetooth 2.0 A2DP AVRCP Stereo Music Receiver and Handsfree (White)

And then use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable from that to AUX jack.
    amazon dot com / BlackBerry-Remote-Stereo-Bluetooth-Gateway/dp/B00170KUM0

using it as we speak, works great.
    I was trying to figure this out for my Audi A5. What I have learned is that the Pre can only have one bluetooth device active at a time. Therefore, while you can send the audio to a separate device connected to AUX, you can't receive the calls on your car's bluetooth.
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emair View Post
    I was trying to figure this out for my Audi A5. What I have learned is that the Pre can only have one bluetooth device active at a time. Therefore, while you can send the audio to a separate device connected to AUX, you can't receive the calls on your car's bluetooth.
    Ya that sucks.

1. Is there any way around this?
    2. If you are streaming music via Bluetooth what happens when a call comes in when your in the car (ryanfx)?
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Has anyone heard of a phone that can do this or any company talking about making it happen? Being able to stream music via bluetooth and then have it switch to voice if a call comes in that is.
    Motorola T505 is what I use

Bluetooth stereo audio is quirky with me on my Pre. Sometimes takes a couple of connections before it works; weird. But this device is GOLD.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waddle View Post
    Has anyone heard of a phone that can do this or any company talking about making it happen? Being able to stream music via bluetooth and then have it switch to voice if a call comes in that is.
    My Pre does this in my Ford Fusion with Microsoft Sync. I can play my music (MP3s or Pandora) over BT then the Pre will auto-silence allowing me to take the call over BT. It's great!
    Moved from Palm Pre Forum to Palm Pre Bluetooth Forum.

- Craig
    how do you get your car to pick up the music? It picks up my calls but when I start my music it won't transfer to car speakers. What step am I missing?
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    Motorola T505 is what I use

Bluetooth stereo audio is quirky with me on my Pre. Sometimes takes a couple of connections before it works; weird. But this device is GOLD.
    Do you have trouble finding a clear enough to make it useable FM station? Seems I can do so so to ok, just keeping the t505 on its own teeny non stereo speaker, but sending it to FM is usually painful to listen to.

I also have on again off again issues with the t505 BT and my Pre staying paired adn working..

Also What are the icons on the Pre telling me when connected to the T505? There is a phone icon and some musical notes icon. Can you choose to only have phone or music going to the T505? How come I dont always get both, and is there any way I have control of that?

Thanks
    I use a Scosche bluetooth receiver to the Aux input in my 2007 RAV4. I used to use AudioGateway to provide A2DP from my Treo 700P; the Pre seems to be much more reliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Do you have trouble finding a clear enough to make it useable FM station? Seems I can do so so to ok, just keeping the t505 on its own teeny non stereo speaker, but sending it to FM is usually painful to listen to.

I also have on again off again issues with the t505 BT and my Pre staying paired adn working..

Also What are the icons on the Pre telling me when connected to the T505? There is a phone icon and some musical notes icon. Can you choose to only have phone or music going to the T505? How come I dont always get both, and is there any way I have control of that?

Thanks
    FM is fine for me; it depends on your locale; just keep trying to find a station.

Only icon I look at is the BT in the top right corner. Once it lights up, it's connected for me. Other than that, I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    FM is fine for me; it depends on your locale; just keep trying to find a station.

Only icon I look at is the BT in the top right corner. Once it lights up, it's connected for me. Other than that, I don't know.

I guess in a lesser populated area FM could be ok. But for me, I live in a highly populated area and just about ever spec of the FM freq's have a station on it. Few things in life annoy me more than driving along, listening to MY good music and have some country song bleed over on top of it. We have a TON of country music channels around here, and no offence to those that like it, but I dont.

The icons Im referring to are in the BT configuration screen..
    Has anyone tried that product... it's one of billy may's pitch products, just wondering if it worked?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robbskittles View Post
    Has anyone tried that product... it's one of billy may's pitch products, just wondering if it worked?
    The LATE GREAT Billy Mays...I was wondering the same thing after seeing that commercial not to long ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by yvvy View Post
    how do you get your car to pick up the music? It picks up my calls but when I start my music it won't transfer to car speakers. What step am I missing?
    I'll assuming you're using an AUX connection...

what you want to do is...

1) when you are in a call, on the pre there is a button on the bottom left of the call window

2) tap the button

3) select "wired headset" option (during the call) and it will switch the phone call (what you hear) to your cars stereo system.

if you are using a BT device (I use the T505 along with AUX connection) the pre will give you an extra audio output option... BT output
    This is what I did in my car.

I connected the Aux cable to an ipod dock.
    Then I connected something called FIPO to the ipod dock ( All corporate sprint stores sell this)
    Then i synced my pre to the FIPO

Then I just play the music through aux.

Ipod dock - 20$ ebay
    FIPO (Anycom Bluetooth Music Station Converter ) - 10$ sprint

you also need the dock power connector obviously