Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I know this is my first post but im not a spammer or do i work for pdair.

I have however crushed one pre screen and wanted a case that protected it. I also dont have 65 dollars to buy the Piel Frama even though it looked nice. So after some searching i came by the cases from PDair. I liked the price did some research (they have some youtube videos which were kinda nice) and bought one. It came in yesterday and I am extremely happy.

I dont have any pictures but google PDair and go to thier website they have better pictures than i could take anyway.

PROS:

-fits well, snug access to all buttons and ports
    -protects screen, flap seems sturdy and could probably take a decent hit
    -nice leather
    -removable belt clip, even the little nub easily screws off
    -low profile for a full case, fits nicely into pocket
    -only 28 dollars
    -slider works perfectly

Also it somehow keeps my phone from oreoing, dont know how

CONS:

-touchstone doesnt work and i dont know how taking it repeatedly out of the case would effect fit
    -flap can kinda get in the way
    -shipping takes a while (almost 2 weeks, from hong kong)

PS. if anyone is gonna buy this I wouldnt give a real phone number they never called it and mine was on the shipping label for every postal worker from here to hong kong to have seen.
    Hi. I was looking into buying this case. I just have a quick question:

Is the speaker on the back covered?
    There are holes in the back of the case that allow the sound to pass through.

I have the book case. It took about 6 days or so to ship from Hong Kong to the Bay Area.

I really like it. I've used one on a Centro for the last 6 months or so. I really loved it. Now I have one for a Pre. The mechanism to hold the Pre was very snug at first, but it has loosed a bit (but not enough to be loose).

For $28, you can't beat it. Each order of $28 or more comes with a free "leather key holder" (as the website puts it, it is basically an SD card pouch on a key ring).

I wish that I could use it with a Touchstone, but I am ok with taking the Pre out from the case when I want to use the Touchstone.

Here is the Youtube video:
    And the product link: PDair Leather Case for Palm Pre - Book Type (Black)- PDair.com

There is also a flip case that flips over the top and not around the side.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    A quick update to the original review:

One more downside. When you have the pre plugged in using the usb charger and open the pre, the charger pushes on the case. So I would suggest not opening the case when charging.

That being said, I still love this case and it does a great job of protecting my pre from another screen crushing end.
    Hi, I'm looking for a case like this. Does anyone know of any others or is this a good one? Which one is better, flip top or book type? And where is the best place to get one of these?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccureton View Post
    A quick update to the original review:

One more downside. When you have the pre plugged in using the usb charger and open the pre, the charger pushes on the case. So I would suggest not opening the case when charging.

That being said, I still love this case and it does a great job of protecting my pre from another screen crushing end.
    I'm not sure that I understand. I've only had the usb cord push up on the case's strap, until I move the strap.

Maybe you pushed the Pre in too deeply on that side?

Quote Originally Posted by WildSioux View Post
    Hi, I'm looking for a case like this. Does anyone know of any others or is this a good one? Which one is better, flip top or book type? And where is the best place to get one of these?

Thanks
    Either the product page (I linked earlier), or I think that I have heard others say eBay.

I prefer the book style, but it really depends on how you want the case to flip open.

I'd say this is a good one.
    Did you know:

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I have the flip top that may be why min is a little different than yours.

And I love this case. Would recommend to anyone not planning on using a touchstone
    If you have a touchstone, couldn't you just take the phone out of this case? How hard is it to take phone out of it?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Its in there pretty good. You can take it out with a little trouble but its still doable. Probably more than i would want to go through to charge it. Especially since the draw of the touchstone is convienience. Why pay 70 dollars for a charger when its easier to just open the little cover on the side and plug it in.

Also since it is friction that holds the pre into the case Im not sure what would be the result of continually taking the thing in and out of the case.
    If you have a touchstone, couldn't you just take the phone out of this case? How hard is it to take phone out of it?
    Quote Originally Posted by ccureton View Post
    Its in there pretty good. You can take it out with a little trouble but its still doable. Probably more than i would want to go through to charge it. Especially since the draw of the touchstone is convienience. Why pay 70 dollars for a charger when its easier to just open the little cover on the side and plug it in.

Also since it is friction that holds the pre into the case Im not sure what would be the result of continually taking the thing in and out of the case.
    Well, we'll find out soon enough. I have the book style PDAir case (as I've mentioned), and a touchstone in my car and at work. I take the Pre out and put it back in at least one dozen to two dozen times a day.

The case seems to be holding up just fine. For a while I was more concerned about breaking the battery cover. But, that has held up as well.

I do not think that there is anything to worry about.

As for the cost of the touchstone, I find removing form the case and plopping on the touchstone easier than messing with the cable (and digging at the USB port).
    Did you know:

I swear by PDair cases. I buy a PDair case every time I get a new gadget (and that happens pretty often!). Cases I bought from them 2 years ago still look like new.

Here's a tip: Buy them on Ebay. It comes from the same place (I know this because I have bought them directly and from ebay. They both came from the same address), and they are a little cheaper on Ebay. I'm not really sure why, but if you get them directly from the PDair website, they are $28 with free shipping. If you buy them on ebay, they are $18.99 + $6 shipping = $25!
    I was reading the: "Palm Pre using a Touchstone mounted in a car? Post your pictures here" thread. And came across a post by s1374537 who modified his/her seido case. They cut out a hole in the seido case to be able to fit the Touchstone perfectly in there while leaving the case on.

Here is the post in reference:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1809075

I still haven't bought this Pdair leather case. I am still waiting to see if any other leather flip case comes out. I am also waiting to get a Touchstone.

Would cutting a hole like this in the Pdair leather case be possible? I don't know what the backside of the case looks like. But from what I see it looks possible. I see a few benefits to this:
    1.) Leave pdair case on to charge through Touchstone (no more having to take off the stupid battery charge cover).

2.) Ummm, I thought I had another one other than...Able to leave the pdair case on to charge. LOL

This could also be possible for other cases for use with the Touchstone.

What do you owners of this Pdair leather book/flip case think? Good idea or not?

This is just something I have been thinking about since seeing that post.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Thanks
    I'm loving my flip case! Adds a little something so typing is much more comfortable. It isn't affected by having the charger plugged in.

Just gotta remember to pull up the cover when taking pictures!

Being me has its advantages.

-- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
    I have this case and it definitely is a decent case....but I don't use it anymore because it is a PITA to use while open and talking on the phone. IF you have the flip cover open + slider down = very awkward and uncomfortable to use. Also it is very annoying to keep removing the case to use on the touchstone. It is a nice case, but not very useful for every day use imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    For my and my husband's new Pre's, just got 2 of these cases. For years, I had a Sena flip case for my Treo so I am used to this style and I find this even easier to use because the lid is smaller and not very cumbersome. Also, it's easier for me to slide the keyboard when it's in the case than without it since the case tightens the loose slider so it opens really easily now.

But I would be reluctant to use it with the Touchstone charger and have to take it out of the case on a regular basis. Not only would it be inconvenient, it seems like it would stretch the leather over time so it won't fit as snuggly as it does now.

Picture of the 2 styles attached.

JC
    Attached Images Attached Images