Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    When my Pre is on the TS, its status is quirky.

    Sometimes the screen is always on.

    Sometimes it goes in to clock mode.

    Sometimes it locks.

    It caint make up its mind! lol
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
  2. #2  
    When you put it on the TS with the screen on, it will stay on for an elongated time (not sure how long). When you put it on the TS with the screen off, it will display the clock.
  3. Sheuba's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #3  
    I have this problem too and thought it was another bug/issue with my first Pre. I exchanged it and have no problems except for the Touchstone silliness. It drives me crazy when the screen won't "sleep".

    (I didn't exchange it just for this issue. I had other problems with my first Pre.)
    Last edited by Sheuba; 07/22/2009 at 12:48 PM. Reason: to clarify
  4. Sheuba's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    When you put it on the TS with the screen on, it will stay on for an elongated time (not sure how long). When you put it on the TS with the screen off, it will display the clock.
    That is what is should do, but it doesn't. The screen will sometimes stay on at full brightness in whatever app or view it is in. Other times it does the normal "sleep" with clock view.

    It seems to happen for me after I answer calls if the Pre had been on the Touchstone. If I keep it off the Touchstone and take more calls it usually goes back to normal sleep behaviour.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheuba View Post
    That is what is should do, but it doesn't. The screen will sometimes stay on at full brightness in whatever app or view it is in. Other times it does the normal "sleep" with clock view.

    It seems to happen for me after I answer calls if the Pre had been on the Touchstone. If I keep it off the Touchstone and take more calls it usually goes back to normal sleep behaviour.
    This seems to happen to mines too. My first pre did not do this (first one just died on me and wouldn't turn on). What happens with this new pre is, sometimes when I place it on the touchstone, it will stay on full brightness even when I take it off. I have to manually turn the screen off by pressing the power button.
  6. #6  
    It depends on the ambient light in the room. If the room has a limited amount of light the device will lock and display the time determined by your lock settings. If you place the device on the TS and the room is well lit, the device will remain on and continue to display whatever application that was left running. The device will display the time regardless of the ambient light if placed on the TS while locked.
  7. #7  
    This drives me up the wall too.
    Mine will keep waking up from the clock screen and sound a notification and then have message...charging battery, then it goes away...happens at very weird times. sometimes it is all day long and sometimes it is fine all day long.
    no rhyme or reason on why it does it...
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikehoff99 View Post
    This drives me up the wall too.
    Mine will keep waking up from the clock screen and sound a notification and then have message...charging battery, then it goes away...happens at very weird times. sometimes it is all day long and sometimes it is fine all day long.
    no rhyme or reason on why it does it...
    I had the same issue, as have others. Mine did it every time the battery reached 100% charged, like all night long. Try setting your alarm and going to bed with ding ding every minute.

    I finally exchanged mine and have had no problems since. I can't be sure if it was the TS or the metal battery cover, but an exchange took care of the problem.
  9. Sheuba's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by thehustleman View Post
    It depends on the ambient light in the room. (snip)
    Just tested. This doesn't seem to be true. I put a bright light directly over the Pre while on the Touchstone and it went to sleep/clock. This work for anybody else?

    I can't figure out what causes this issue for me. It does seem to be related to incoming calls.
  10. #10  
    Hit the power button once, it will go from screen to clock.
  11. Sheuba's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #11  
    And to clarify further, my issue has nothing to do with notification or charging. I do not have the repeating "ding" that others have reported. The problem is with the screen staying on full brightness and not going to the clock/sleep mode.
  12. Sheuba's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    Hit the power button once, it will go from screen to clock.
    I know I can manually do that.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheuba View Post
    Just tested. This doesn't seem to be true. I put a bright light directly over the Pre while on the Touchstone and it went to sleep/clock. This work for anybody else?

    I can't figure out what causes this issue for me. It does seem to be related to incoming calls.
    If I place my Pre on the TS while an application is open, it remains at that screen displaying the app if the room is brightly lit. The screen locks and displays the clock after the time specified in screen & Lock settings if the room is dimly lit. I have tested this several times. Is your light sensor covered in any way?
  14. Sheuba's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by thehustleman View Post
    Is your light sensor covered in any way?
    Nope. I don't have a case or skin either.

    Very odd. I wish mine worked the way you are describing. Mine is totally unpredictable.
  15. #15  
    Moved from the Palm Pre forum to the Palm Pre Accessories forum

    - Craig

Posting Permissions