Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    This thing is dumb for innocase users, are they going to offer a special innocase back for their new backplate? Then how big will this be, lol.
    people with 2 days probably does not have AIm or GTalk on 24/7...thats whats killing the battery
    Quote Originally Posted by mojomaster View Post
    How the heck are you getting 2 days on your battery. Please share you secret!!!
    He must use it for nothing besides making calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    people with 2 days probably does not have AIm or GTalk on 24/7...thats whats killing the battery
    Not really. 1 hour internet usage over 3g with 5 bars takes it down by 25%.
    1 hour listening to music takes it down 11%. I love it, but this thing bleeds battery.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Anyone heard how this affects (or doesn't) the clip cases that Seidio offers? I didn't see anything on their website re: this.
    I bought the 1350 one from Seidio, and I was impressed with the extra battery life. Im just going to break down and buy this also, because i would like to be able to take full advantage of my Pre and use it all the time instead of conserving battery for later in the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    Anyone heard how this affects (or doesn't) the clip cases that Seidio offers? I didn't see anything on their website re: this.
    They will make a new clip for it. I believe they do this intentionally, "business is business". They made a new clip for the innocase because it would not work with the original spring clip.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    They will make a new clip for it. I believe they do this intentionally, "business is business". They made a new clip for the innocase because it would not work with the original spring clip.
    Hmm.. I was really happy with Seidio for listening to users and making the dual-prong clip for the Pre. I hope they do something (like an exchange program or something) for those of us who bought the dual-prong but get the extended batt.
    No ETA from seidio on when they will have the touchstone compatability for the 2600 and amzer appears to not know anything at all about their 2800 one I can't justify the purchase of an extended battery unless it can be charged with the touchstone. But at the same time the only slightly higher capacity extended batteries just don't cut it for the situations that justify the need for a higher capacity battery. I'm still not even sure if swapping between two batteries will be reasonable in my situation. I won't need the extra capacity every day so at any given time one battery could be sitting around for days. Not to mention carrying the spare battery would in essence be almost like having the 4mm thicker pre. I have a Golla bag case so I could keep the spare in one of the pockets in the case I'm just not sure if that is the best way to go for me. Anyone have any experiences to share between going with a spare battery over the high capacity extended battery or or vice versa?

Quote Originally Posted by mojomaster View Post
    How the heck are you getting 2 days on your battery. Please share you secret!!!
    From all of the info I gathered for the last month or so the only way to get this much out of a single charge is to not use it for 99% of the time. From the info I have gathered the best case scenario for sitting idle is 2%/hr drain. Which is 50 hours from 100% to powering off. So with very light use of non cpu intensive tasks and no radio use for calls or GPS it is possible to see 2 days only if your idle drain is 2%. However this appears to be rare (my theory is no cloud or email connections at all like my brother [2.5%/hr drain when idle]). The more common ground appears to be 5% to 10%/hr when idle. The rate varies depending on what things are left connected or on in the background. So for those who leave things connected or on in the background and have the 10%/hr idle drain will be complaining they don't get through the day and are charging after about 6-10 hours. Obviously the more capability of the pre you take advantage of even when idle the faster the drain and the obvious solution is to get one of these huge capacity extended batteries.

I am assuming that further optimization of background tasks can help reduce idle power consumption. Like for instance with IM account connections perhaps set them to automatic offline by user option if the messaging app is not open in a card and/or no IMs sent or received after 15 minutes. Automatic GPS on and off based on if an application is using or not using GPS. So when you launch an app the needs location services it turn on GPS and then turns off GPS when it is closed. This too would be user configurable so that you don't have to leave GPS on if you frequently use locations services with various apps through out the day. Reducing communication calls between the device and cloud services may also reduce idle consumption. Sync the accounts only when a change is made rather than with a set interval of comparison or make the set interval much longer like once every 2 hours. I don't know if this is still the case with 1.1 update but previously yahoo mail connection verified login every 2 or 3 minutes this is observed by changing your password to an incorrect password and them 2 to 3 minutes after doing so and every 2 to 3 minutes after it will inform you.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123