Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    ughh thats makes the phone look ugly I would pass and just have car charger, and charge when I could lol that back makes it look ugly
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I think getting the 1400 will be suitable enough for me.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by upperking View Post
    would be nice to have a touchstone version..
    Hey are you "vardar" something like that, from the w202 mercedes forums with your black c43? I'm there too but from detroit.
    I Just couldn't do it. That thing is so ugly.

Almost makes the Pre look like a Moto brick phone.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Okay here's the thing. I can totally understand the need for a extended battery like this. But they're wasting so much space. If you look at the Seidio link, it's just a normal rectangular battery that fits in the Pre's battery space. I can understand that people don't really want a hump from the extended battery, and that it looks better being uniform, even if that means it's thick. But if you're going to do that, why stick to the standard battery shape? Fill all of the empty space in the back panel, and you could probably get up to 3000 mAh.
    OMG you are absolutely right.. Maybe the battery could like be longer and flatter... sheesh...
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Makes the Pre look even more like a river rock. Be careful or some kid is going to skip it into the pond.
    Obscura
    I so pre-ordered this battery, my place of work celluar reception drains my battery, and I dont care about the 4mm, I used to have a HTC Touch Pro with an extended battery, plus I like the matte grip, easier for opening the phone for me.
    Just my .001 cents LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    Well, what's the improvement in terms of battery life? If it's twice as much, that means I get close to 3 days of use out of the phone. That's pretty darn impressive.
    And pretty darn useless.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    makes sense for a mobile warrior.... but at the end of the day, i am able to plug in.....

1400 amzer seems like a better deal, to me anyways.
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Is it really as thick as it appears in those pics? I didn't think it would add that much bulk. Perhaps I need to have a pre with it equipped to get a real feel for it. Really the only reason I would get one of these monster sized extended batteries is for longer play time on music and maybe video for the rare occasions I would be using those features in situations where I can't charge while using. I've also considered just getting the one that adds no bulk and then swapping to the stock battery in those instances. I'm just not certain which would work best for me. I've gotten in the habit of charging daily with occasional topping it off when I had the BB curve. Something I was not used to doing with all my dumbphones which would go a week between charges. Never having gone the route of extra battery or extended battery in the past this is a hard decision for me to make. Anyone have any advice to offer in this regard?
    I don't care if my phone looks "pretty", I just want my phone to make it past 2pm, so i am ordering this right now.
    Going to see how it feels in my hand. Looks in pictures can be decieving. But it does look big and huge.
    Why is the backplate of that such a generic shape? Couldn't they have at least followed the same "comfortable" design of the stock back? Also I'm curious how much that is going to trip out the light sensor of the camera.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    You know the beauty of it all? Unlike the iPhone crowd, we actually have choices!
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I'm a fan of "clunky" phones as some of you may call them, but the phone looks completely anti-symmetrical ... bad word choice, but completely describes it.

And @ PookiePrancer : Iphone 3G S does seem to have less battery issues though. Their battery works out but it's always good to have a way to change it, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    You know the beauty of it all? Unlike the iPhone crowd, we actually have choices!
    There are a ton of battery extending protective cases for iPhone, some very sleek and nice looking. It's design lends itself very well to such cases.

To the point of the thread, I would really like to see some comparison pics to the stock pre. I would also like some confirmation the the camera still has a full FOV with the lens buried like that.

Assuming everything is good, I might grab one of these once there is a touchstone compatible version.
    I would like comparison photos also, but 4mm of extra thickness doesnt sound like a big deal for me. For me, its between this when they come out with a Touchstone cover or the 1350 which I can use with my existing Touchstone cover. For my wife, it may be this or the 1350 + a Touchstone mounted in her vehicle. She's the one who needs it more than I do.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deparson View Post
    That looks massive and rather ugly with the finish they used. I really can't see anyone wanting to turn their phone into that but I guess you never know.

Can't wait to see photos side by side with a stock Pre and in someone's hand.
    agreed, I can't see making my phone look like that. I'll take a pass and simply save my 60 bucks by charging my phone before I leave work.
    That thing is ****ing huge. I was hoping that it wouldnt be a rectangle, but would be something that was like a back plate, except the whole back plate was a battery. That is too ugly. I may just get the 1350 and have a dual battery system. The pre dissapoints sometimes. I want to be able to play games/use internet/ etc. at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmehr View Post
    I agree with others... would rather have a slimmer phone and charge it at the end of the day than have a really THICK phone which looks clunky. (BTW I am getting 2 days on a single charge with a stock battery) As a backup I have a spare battery just incase battery dies in mid day.
    How the heck are you getting 2 days on your battery. Please share you secret!!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast